Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Are Gunnery commando's tanks?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Are Gunnery commando's tanks?

Damiam's Avatar


Damiam
02.26.2013 , 08:14 AM | #11
So Gyro ONE useful pve talent in assault specc? i could close my eyes and still find a usefull pve talent in assault specc. point me to one that isnt effective, and dont point out one you woudnt build for a dps specc.(remember i was pointing out that we had to spend a ****load of talents in utility/mitigation) not actual dps talents, that was my point).

and Jheg, the ability to pound down ppl with dmg in pvp, yea i got that post regardingdps/mobility tradeoff, but when you got a shadow/sent/jugger/scoundrel on your ***, standing still casting is gonna do how much? Thats kinda why i made a snappy response.
As for you final point about gunnery becomming worse compared to other classes, that might have something to do with us spending 25% talent points on mitigation.
Not a single FOCK was given!!

Jherad's Avatar


Jherad
02.26.2013 , 08:31 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Damiam View Post
and Jheg, the ability to pound down ppl with dmg in pvp, yea i got that post regardingdps/mobility tradeoff, but when you got a shadow/sent/jugger/scoundrel on your ***, standing still casting is gonna do how much? Thats kinda why i made a snappy response.
Both specs suffer from this. I've made gunnery work for me in PvP just as well as any assault spec. Each has to output a certain amount of damage to kill the target, and in a group, each has different ways to do this successfully. Both have problems in high end play currently - check out my vids if you want to see what gunnery can do (see my sig).


Quote:
As for you final point about gunnery becomming worse compared to other classes, that might have something to do with us spending 25% talent points on mitigation.
I said we'll see. We don't know if it has become comparatively worse yet, so assuming it has is silly. Arguably the only net loss the spec has had (that we know about) comes from the change to the set bonuses.
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Youtube / Twitch
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

Gyronamics's Avatar


Gyronamics
02.26.2013 , 10:42 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Damiam View Post
So Gyro ONE useful pve talent in assault specc? i could close my eyes and still find a usefull pve talent in assault specc. point me to one that isnt effective, and dont point out one you woudnt build for a dps specc.(remember i was pointing out that we had to spend a ****load of talents in utility/mitigation) not actual dps talents, that was my point).
Go on then.

I'll let you have reduced CD on Recharge Cells and Reserve Powercell.

Now I'll draw you a picture of the difference between a PVE assault and PVE gunnery

http://s11.postimage.org/8bb7yda1f/assault.png

http://s14.postimage.org/6wq1u8c41/gunnery.png

Now you were about to continue with how unfair the Gunnery tree is so I'll let you say something.
Hotwired @ Not Good Enough @ ToFN

Natharon's Avatar


Natharon
02.26.2013 , 10:53 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Jherad View Post
Neither tree has been particularly great for PvP, but you can be equally effective with either. The only people saying assault is the defacto PvP tree are those who couldn't get gunnery to work for them (and had never seen an effective gunnery commando).

They both have their strengths and weaknesses in warzones, and both needed improvements.
There isn't an effective gunnery commando, any elite commando dps can easily be replaced for the better, by an average vanguard. And an assault commando is a poor mans assault vanguard. I call them commandos with buyers remorse, or people who are smart enough to know they ****ed up but dumb enough to stick around on the class wasting their time.
♠THE NATHARON LEGACY♠
I Didn't Win The Blue Ribbon, But It Is In My Possession.
<WEAPONS OF WAR>

Jherad's Avatar


Jherad
02.26.2013 , 01:42 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Natharon View Post
There isn't an effective gunnery commando, any elite commando dps can easily be replaced for the better, by an average vanguard. And an assault commando is a poor mans assault vanguard. I call them commandos with buyers remorse, or people who are smart enough to know they ****ed up but dumb enough to stick around on the class wasting their time.
If you've read many of my previous posts, you'll know I feel pretty much the same way about commandos/mercs in general. My point is not that they are better than other classes, but that neither DPS spec is the defacto 'PvP' spec. Nothing in 2.0 appears to be aimed at changing that (which is a good thing).

Whether we'll be improved in PvP remains to be seen.
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Youtube / Twitch
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol