Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

(Warning: spoiler about FP The Foundry)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
(Warning: spoiler about FP The Foundry)

AlexDougherty
02.25.2013 , 03:18 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by DSpectre View Post
Revan isnt dead. He disappeared in a force burst. as for the teleporting bit, i doubt that. mostly likely he sealed himself in a force cocoon to save himself. from death. only in one reference did it mentiona "force cocoon". it moves the essense to another location, untill either set into another host, or released in a grey-jedi ritual (Revan was neither light or dark side, thus being a grey jedi). Either way the old creative and story manager (Lucas included) left the doors for Revan's story wide open for further advancement.
Technically Revan wasn't grey, he started out lightside, got corrupted and turned to the Darkside, then he got mind-wiped, then redeamed (kotor1), Then
Spoiler

but he was never actually grey.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

Argonloris
02.26.2013 , 05:47 AM | #12
In the beta he was killed in the foundry fight. Bioware received a bit of flak for it during those days so they made the change to quell the masses. It's still up in the air as to if he will make an appearance again.
The Jade Legacy
Argonloris Marellis NichosSixtus
RIP: Mara Jade May 29, 2007

Nydus
02.26.2013 , 01:10 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Argonloris View Post
In the beta he was killed in the foundry fight. Bioware received a bit of flak for it during those days so they made the change to quell the masses. It's still up in the air as to if he will make an appearance again.
I understand why. I like having some closure on that story but a lot of folks are attached to the story of Revan; they want to decide how it ends, not have a character invented (look, gender and all) and told he does x, y and z.

Allow for some ambiguity as to his death and allow players to play a role in the character if he returns.

- Arcada
The Arcada Legacy (Ebon Hawk)
Ord'os (Lvl.55 Sorcerer), Naresa (Lvl.53 Operative), Jagrafess (Lvl.19 Marauder)
Nydus (Lvl.54 Shadow), Toclafane (Lvl.27 Guardian)

DarthThuzad
02.26.2013 , 01:18 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Argonloris View Post
Contrary to popular belief, a lootable body can still mean he's alive. I mean...that didn't stop Blizzard with Kael'thas in Tempest Keep.

Neo-Crusaders
02.26.2013 , 01:26 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by legolegion View Post
he has that new abilty phase walk and get`s out of their
Genius! I have to say that was well said
Tomb of Freedon Nadd Server - Senshii - Vanguard, Kotarr - Jedi Guardian, Kuramah - Jedi Sentinel, Syin - Jedi Shadow, Rhuvann - Jedi Sage, Kendour - Commando, Gangam - Sith Sorcerer.
Feel free to ask for help or advice, either in-game or on the forums!

JediMB
02.26.2013 , 03:43 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexDougherty View Post
but he was never actually grey.
Well... while there's no such thing as "the grey side of the Force", Revan would be considered a Grey Jedi when he went against the Order's wishes and joined the war effort against the Mandalorians.

I know this is completely besides the point you're trying to make, but still. :P
The Morrowbringer Legacy The Red Eclipse (PvE) [EU]
Deep into that darkness peering, you reach out your hand and grasp what you are searching for.
Now ring the bells that sweep away the darkness; the bells that beckon tomorrow's dawn.

Willzilla
02.26.2013 , 04:13 PM | #17
Nor is there really a dark side or light side of the force. There is just the user and their intent.

Hirilonde
02.26.2013 , 11:19 PM | #18
I figure the way they have it now, they could really have fun with this.

In the final fight, Revan was portrayed as walking the line... he served the light, but he was corrupted... he wanted to serve the Jedi, but he was falling back into his old tactics that lead him to becoming Darth Revan.

And, from what Darth Malgus said, there are THREE Star Forge-class Rakata installations. The Star Forge, the Foundry, and... one more.

So, let's say sometime down the line, Revan reappears on the Republic side. Amnesiac, memories scattered, fragmented... doesn't remember what happened on the foundry. Pub players start some quests to try and help him out. And...

On the Imperial side, Darth Revan returns... likely during the power vacuum left by the Emperor recovering from the trauma caused by the Jedi Knight, and the death of Malgus and so much of the Dark Council. The Revanites flock to him, and rather than oppose him, Imperial players aid him in gaining recognition and approval within the Empire, as Regent.

Then, at the end of the quest chain, both sides discover the OTHER has a Revan.

And now the mystery begins. Which is the true Revan?

Bioware could have a lot of fun with that I think.

DAWUSS
02.27.2013 , 10:50 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Hirilonde View Post
I figure the way they have it now, they could really have fun with this.

In the final fight, Revan was portrayed as walking the line... he served the light, but he was corrupted... he wanted to serve the Jedi, but he was falling back into his old tactics that lead him to becoming Darth Revan.

And, from what Darth Malgus said, there are THREE Star Forge-class Rakata installations. The Star Forge, the Foundry, and... one more.

So, let's say sometime down the line, Revan reappears on the Republic side. Amnesiac, memories scattered, fragmented... doesn't remember what happened on the foundry. Pub players start some quests to try and help him out. And...

On the Imperial side, Darth Revan returns... likely during the power vacuum left by the Emperor recovering from the trauma caused by the Jedi Knight, and the death of Malgus and so much of the Dark Council. The Revanites flock to him, and rather than oppose him, Imperial players aid him in gaining recognition and approval within the Empire, as Regent.

Then, at the end of the quest chain, both sides discover the OTHER has a Revan.

And now the mystery begins. Which is the true Revan?

Bioware could have a lot of fun with that I think.
They would have fun with that, but I'd get turned off by the notion of a Phantom Revan or split Revan.

AlexDougherty
02.28.2013 , 10:13 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMB View Post
Well... while there's no such thing as "the grey side of the Force", Revan would be considered a Grey Jedi when he went against the Order's wishes and joined the war effort against the Mandalorians.

I know this is completely besides the point you're trying to make, but still. :P
Well it depends upon your definition of grey, the proper grey balances light and dark, but Revan at that point was transitioning between the two sides (not that this was his intention), which is not the same. But you could make an argument for either viewpoint.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.