Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Sound of Rapid Shots?


abokado's Avatar


abokado
02.24.2013 , 06:34 PM | #1
So, I started to level a merc heal, since I only have dps so far and thought trying something else might be fun.

But god, the sound of rapid shots is making me crazy! I've healed athiss earlier and my ears really hurt while doing it. This is not acceptable. And no, the sound of the game is not too high. It's actually pretty quiet since I am either in TS or listening to music, but boy, I'm certainly not seeing myself playing this char when I always have to hear this absolutely annoying sound like hundred times in minute. Brr!
So, can I turn it off somehow? Can I change it? Does the weapon I use affect the sound of it? Anything!?
I want to heal, but I don't want to heal if it means I'm gonna be deaf by the time I reach 50..

JimmyTheCannon's Avatar


JimmyTheCannon
02.24.2013 , 07:39 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by abokado View Post
So, I started to level a merc heal, since I only have dps so far and thought trying something else might be fun.

But god, the sound of rapid shots is making me crazy! I've healed athiss earlier and my ears really hurt while doing it. This is not acceptable. And no, the sound of the game is not too high. It's actually pretty quiet since I am either in TS or listening to music, but boy, I'm certainly not seeing myself playing this char when I always have to hear this absolutely annoying sound like hundred times in minute. Brr!
So, can I turn it off somehow? Can I change it? Does the weapon I use affect the sound of it? Anything!?
I want to heal, but I don't want to heal if it means I'm gonna be deaf by the time I reach 50..
This has changed on the PTS. It only fires two shots when you hit Rapid Shots, and thus only makes a firing noise twice.

Have patience. :-)

Stressfire's Avatar


Stressfire
02.25.2013 , 11:39 AM | #3
Yeah, when you're really healing your butt off it sounds like 20 kids circling you on bikes - all with an entire deck of playing cards in the spokes

You get used to it....or you go insane - I think I'm somewhere between at the moment

dmanlong's Avatar


dmanlong
02.25.2013 , 12:49 PM | #4
100% agree. Rapid shots sounds so terrible. I love the sound the trooper hammer shot while healing but rapids shots just grinds my gears.

Stressfire's Avatar


Stressfire
02.25.2013 , 12:50 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by JimmyTheCannon View Post
This has changed on the PTS. It only fires two shots when you hit Rapid Shots, and thus only makes a firing noise twice.

Have patience. :-)
Only 2? Does this change the amount of healing done with Rapid Shot when Combat Support cylinder is active?

abokado's Avatar


abokado
02.25.2013 , 03:34 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by JimmyTheCannon View Post
This has changed on the PTS. It only fires two shots when you hit Rapid Shots, and thus only makes a firing noise twice.

Have patience. :-)
Well, at least something! I turned the sound effects really down but it's really weird not to hear any so.. I guess I'm gonna level y powertech instead now and wait for 2.0. Thanks!

JimmyTheCannon's Avatar


JimmyTheCannon
02.25.2013 , 11:06 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Stressfire View Post
Only 2? Does this change the amount of healing done with Rapid Shot when Combat Support cylinder is active?
Nope. Still does those 3 ticks of healing.

Raekor's Avatar


Raekor
02.26.2013 , 07:24 PM | #8
Not sure about healing, but the sound of Rapid Shots when firing at enemies is determined by what blaster you are using. Some have different sounds.

iDraxter's Avatar


iDraxter
02.26.2013 , 08:01 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Raekor View Post
Not sure about healing, but the sound of Rapid Shots when firing at enemies is determined by what blaster you are using. Some have different sounds.
this^ same thing with lightsabers some have different sounds when turning them on
Firebat: Need a light?
It`s your money-but if I have spent as much time killing Jedi instead of your own kind...you might be winning this war

abokado's Avatar


abokado
02.27.2013 , 04:23 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Raekor View Post
Not sure about healing, but the sound of Rapid Shots when firing at enemies is determined by what blaster you are using. Some have different sounds.
Really? Huh, guess I have to buy different blasters and try it out.. can someone recommend me some which are easy on the ears?