Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Thoughts on accuracy/alacrity in 2.0?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Thoughts on accuracy/alacrity in 2.0?

Aurojiin
04.16.2013 , 06:45 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by SafeJungleFever View Post
What's been the most unsettling has been the massive amounts of healer aggro. If I'm not careful (as a healer) I can wipe the group. It's really pretty absurd.
There's absolutely no difference in this regard. What's changed is that even one standard mob hitting you does significant amounts of damage. You can't just shrug off a whole trash pack beating on you like you could in 50 HMFPs.
Aisev -:- Seer Sage Si'ki -:- Darkness Assassin

grallmate
04.16.2013 , 10:16 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by SafeJungleFever View Post
Haven't tanked at 55 yet but have healed and DPSed quite a bit. Tanks are definitely having threat issues on trash and initial pull but it isn't unmanageable at this point. What's been the most unsettling has been the massive amounts of healer aggro. If I'm not careful (as a healer) I can wipe the group. It's really pretty absurd.
As has been said, healer aggro hasn't changed at all but mob damage has gone up significantly. As has always been the problem, if you're DPS don't kill weak -> strong or if you leave mobs without being hit your healer is going to cry. We've spent so long at the top of the gear curve that most players (even the really good ones) have developed really bad habits like ignoring weak enemies and pulling before the tank. Ironically, great tanks recover from or compensate for this and the players don't learn whereas bad (and even many average) tanks can't and the group ends up wiping. It really widens the divide between the great and the poor tanks.
The Kae-Sare Legacy - The Harbinger
<Vindication> <Retribution>

Gralleh Grall'eh Khyar
Gralleh's Guide to Guardian Tanking [UPDATED for 2.0]

Jossajus
04.17.2013 , 12:04 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by grallmate View Post
As has been said, healer aggro hasn't changed at all but mob damage has gone up significantly. As has always been the problem, if you're DPS don't kill weak -> strong or if you leave mobs without being hit your healer is going to cry. We've spent so long at the top of the gear curve that most players (even the really good ones) have developed really bad habits like ignoring weak enemies and pulling before the tank. Ironically, great tanks recover from or compensate for this and the players don't learn whereas bad (and even many average) tanks can't and the group ends up wiping. It really widens the divide between the great and the poor tanks.
I like how you lay the blame on the tank for being bad when it's really the DPS who are screwing up. If the DPS doesn't follow kill order and pulls before the tank, then he isn't a "really good one," even if his rotation is perfect and his DPS is top notch. He's another crappy DPS who's going to be kicked/ ignored and will wait in the FP queue for another hour. It isn't widening the divide between the great and poor tanks, it's widening the divide between good and bad DPSers, and this is coming from a tank who CAN compensate for DPS pulling, but I just choose not to because I shouldn't have to, and the neither should the healer.

I don't care what kind of bad habits you've formed. Break them, or be kicked. It's really that simple.
"When you're happy, you enjoy the music. When you're sad, you understand the lyrics." - Frank Ocean