Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

PvP Gear Changes

ARagingNoob's Avatar


ARagingNoob
02.23.2013 , 03:46 PM | #1
For those curious about how the gear for PvP will work out in 2.0 here's a little summary.

- WH and EWH will no longer be sold. Partisan and Conqueror will replace them, respectively. Empty Rated shells are now called Firebrand shells that share the same look as the Conqueror gear with a different color scheme.

- Partisan gear is a black/ white recolor of Arkanian gear while Conqueor/ Firebrand gear is a recolor of Veprine gear. Arkanian and Veprine gear are the new PvE tiers of epics for those that do not know.

- Partisan, Conqueror and Firebrand will cost the same as WH, EWH and Rated shells on live servers.

- 2018 is the new Expertise cap and no longer has diminishing returns. Ear/ Implant/ Body Pieces have 150 Exp, Belt/ Bracers/ Relics have 108. MH/ OH have 191.

- The difference in stats between WH/ EWH and the new gear can be seen here. From a glance, they seem to have gotten rid of high main stat mods, low endurance enhancements and have added more main stat and endurance to the armorings/ hilts/ barrels.

- New set bonuses are as follows. Anything not listed remains the same.

Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen View Post
Marauder/ Sentinel DPS
•Weaponmaster's Gear 2pc (PvP): Now in addition to reducing the cooldown of Guarded by the Force or Undying Rage by 15 seconds, also increases its duration by 1 second.
•Weaponmaster's Gear 4pc (PvP): Now increases all damage dealt by 10% for 5 seconds after using Force Leap or Force Charge.

Mercenary/ Commando Heals
•Combat Medic's Gear 2pc (PvP): Reduces the cooldown of Hold the Line Hydraulic Overrides by 5 seconds.

Operative/ Scoundrel Heals
•Field Medic's Gear 2pc (PvP): Increases the damage absorbed by Defense Screen by 10%.

Sorcerer/ Sage Heals
•Force-Mystic's Gear 2pc (PvP): Reduces Force Armor or Static Barrier lockout debuff duration by 3 seconds.
- There are no more static power relics. Instead they have been replaced with Partisan's and Conqueor's Relic of Serendipitous Assault that have a 30% chance to proc 410 and 435 power respectively for 6 seconds. The effect can happen only every 20 seconds.

- While not techincally a gear change, Shield Generators can now shield tech and force damage, including redirected damage from guard.

- There is a new relic for tanks called the Partisan's and Conqueror's Relic of Fortunate Redoubt which gives all incoming attack a 30% chance to proc 415 and 435 defense respectively for 6 seconds. The effect can happen only every 20 seconds.

- Warzone Comms can still be traded for Ranked Comms at a 10:30 ratio.

- All PvP crystals (including Black-Purple and Black-Orange), PvP pets and PvP mounts are now longer purchasable for the time being.

- A side note for DPS Operatives/ Scoundrels. The PvE bonus for +15% crit on Backstab/ Backblast is now applied to Shiv/ Blaster Whip. The patch notes miswrote it as Backstab/ Backblast.
Jedi Covenant
Yül 50 Sniper Pálla 50 Powertech
Selva 50 Sith Assassin Briánna 50 Operative

Fallenturtle's Avatar


Fallenturtle
02.23.2013 , 06:58 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by ARagingNoob View Post
For those curious about how the gear for PvP will work out in 2.0 here's a little summary.

- WH and EWH will no longer be sold. Partisan and Conqueror will replace them, respectively. Empty Rated shells are now called Firebrand shells that share the same look as the Conqueror gear with a different color scheme.

- Partisan gear is a black/ white recolor of Arkanian gear while Conqueor/ Firebrand gear is a recolor of Veprine gear. Arkanian and Veprine gear are the new PvE tiers of epics for those that do not know.

- Partisan, Conqueror and Firebrand will cost the same as WH, EWH and Rated shells on live servers.

- 2018 is the new Expertise cap and no longer has diminishing returns. Ear/ Implant/ Body Pieces have 150 Exp, Belt/ Bracers/ Relics have 108. MH/ OH have 191.

- The difference in stats between WH/ EWH and the new gear can be seen here. From a glance, they seem to have gotten rid of high main stat mods, low endurance enhancements and have added more main stat and endurance to the armorings/ hilts/ barrels.

- New set bonuses are as follows. Anything not listed remains the same.



- There are no more static power relics. Instead they have been replaced with Partisan's and Conqueor's Relic of Serendipitous Assault that have a 30% chance to proc 410 and 435 power respectively for 6 seconds. The effect can happen only every 20 seconds.

- While not techincally a gear change, Shield Generators can now shield tech and force damage, including redirected damage from guard.

- There is a new relic for tanks called the Partisan's and Conqueror's Relic of Fortunate Redoubt which gives all incoming attack a 30% chance to proc 415 and 435 defense respectively for 6 seconds. The effect can happen only every 20 seconds.

- Warzone Comms can still be traded for Ranked Comms at a 10:30 ratio.

- All PvP crystals (including Black-Purple and Black-Orange), PvP pets and PvP mounts are now longer purchasable for the time being.

- A side note for DPS Operatives/ Scoundrels. The PvE bonus for +15% crit on Backstab/ Backblast is now applied to Shiv/ Blaster Whip. The patch notes miswrote it as Backstab/ Backblast.
You left out a major thing. PVP Item mods cap out at ILVL 63(same as EWH now) PVE Mods start out at 69 on the new "Beginner" tier. I imagine that the relics will be 1 Serendipidous assault, and 1 clickie alacrity.
Pve relics will not be usable in pvp.
The Drakenhoff Legacy.
<Assimilation>/<Working as intended>
<Jedi Covenant>
In Domus De Aurum Et Ossuim Resistance is futile.

Ghost_Spectre's Avatar


Ghost_Spectre
02.23.2013 , 09:46 PM | #3
What about the existing EWH gear we currently posses? Will the be morphed into the newer gear with the increase stats or are we going to grind for those all over again?

ARagingNoob's Avatar


ARagingNoob
02.23.2013 , 09:58 PM | #4
They can't "transform" anything we're currently wearing. WH/ EWH will basically be a head start in PvP once 2.0 goes once bolster work properly. If everything works as they intend, anyone wearing WH/ EWH will have a edge over current PvE gear. Well still have to grind out Partisan/ Conqueror but since its level 55 gear well have plenty of time to save up Comms for it. Partisan will have the same grind time as WH which isn't long at all.
Jedi Covenant
Yül 50 Sniper Pálla 50 Powertech
Selva 50 Sith Assassin Briánna 50 Operative

Carter_Mathis's Avatar


Carter_Mathis
02.23.2013 , 11:52 PM | #5
Raise your hand if you want to smash some lv 30's

Ghost_Spectre's Avatar


Ghost_Spectre
02.24.2013 , 01:27 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ARagingNoob View Post
They can't "transform" anything we're currently wearing. WH/ EWH will basically be a head start in PvP once 2.0 goes once bolster work properly. If everything works as they intend, anyone wearing WH/ EWH will have a edge over current PvE gear. Well still have to grind out Partisan/ Conqueror but since its level 55 gear well have plenty of time to save up Comms for it. Partisan will have the same grind time as WH which isn't long at all.
Okay, that's what I was looking for. I guess I'll need to try to get a couple more EWH pieces while I can. Anyone know the estimate on when 2.0 is supposed to go live?

Fallenturtle's Avatar


Fallenturtle
02.24.2013 , 01:38 PM | #7
If what they are implying is true, level 30s will be bolstered up to lvl 55 recruit gear status and smash us ><
The Drakenhoff Legacy.
<Assimilation>/<Working as intended>
<Jedi Covenant>
In Domus De Aurum Et Ossuim Resistance is futile.

Carter_Mathis's Avatar


Carter_Mathis
02.24.2013 , 01:51 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Fallenturtle View Post
If what they are implying is true, level 30s will be bolstered up to lvl 55 recruit gear status and smash us ><
That recruit gear is deadly

ARagingNoob's Avatar


ARagingNoob
02.24.2013 , 02:08 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Carter_Mathis View Post
That recruit gear is deadly
Fear the twinks?
Jedi Covenant
Yül 50 Sniper Pálla 50 Powertech
Selva 50 Sith Assassin Briánna 50 Operative

Fallenturtle's Avatar


Fallenturtle
02.24.2013 , 02:31 PM | #10
"Hey gang, let me see if I can bring some clarity to the situation. We do indeed have a new level of "Recruit" that we are bolstering towards, that is based on the new 55 gear. We believe that this bolster level will allow players to complete with any possible gear combination in the 30 - 54 bracket. Obviously we've had a few bumps in the road on PTS regarding current bolster, but we should be getting that fixed up soon (tm), and everyone can get back to the business of PvP.

Thanks for everyone's feedback, not just on this but on everything, it is really helping us make a better game."


From the devs.
The Drakenhoff Legacy.
<Assimilation>/<Working as intended>
<Jedi Covenant>
In Domus De Aurum Et Ossuim Resistance is futile.