Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP Do's and Dont's ( guide for noobs)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Harbinger
PvP Do's and Dont's ( guide for noobs)

Jedibediah
02.28.2013 , 08:48 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Viridiana View Post
Good post, I agree with everything here except the major emphesis on gear, yeah PvP gear is nice, but it certainly isn't the end all in 50 pvp, I can take my BH/DG PT into 50 PvP in his PvE gear and put out top or second to the top dmg and pull 10-18 medals, 50 PvP has more to do with skill than gear level.

P.S. Nuking people in full EWH in PvE gear is crazy fun as well cause they don't think you should be able to beat them by having 600+ more MS
This post was designed to help people who may be new, who wants to learn.. If you want to convince me that gear don't matter then go into a rwz and duplicate that feat. doing 600K dps in a wz with the quality of the pug groups I've seen and or heard about so far with a class that has been OP since launch.. not impressed.

Viridiana
02.28.2013 , 09:26 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Jedibediah View Post
This post was designed to help people who may be new, who wants to learn.. If you want to convince me that gear don't matter then go into a rwz and duplicate that feat. doing 600K dps in a wz with the quality of the pug groups I've seen and or heard about so far with a class that has been OP since launch.. not impressed.
Well if you think PT's are OP I could mention taking my Operative healer into 50 pvp with no PvP gear and putting out 700k healing, 3k behind the full EWH sorc healer... (and no I wasn't just spamming my <30% heal, and yes I was being constantly targeted by the other team) I was only saying that gear isn't as important as skill or knowledge in PvP, what I got from your post was that gear conquers all if you are a nub in PvP at lvl 50, if you aren't good at the game or don't understand how the classes work then no amount of gear will help you.

Jedibediah
02.28.2013 , 10:07 AM | #13
I never said that skill and knowledge in wz's were not important but they come with experience. If you dont know the objectives and work with your team you fail. Regardless of your individual stats. But nobody gets to be good overnight. Most people when they hit 50 especially the first time are learning their final rotation.. experimenting with builds etc to get the most out of their characters. The only constant at that point is the gear.

Viridiana
02.28.2013 , 10:31 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Jedibediah View Post
I never said that skill and knowledge in wz's were not important but they come with experience. If you dont know the objectives and work with your team you fail. Regardless of your individual stats. But nobody gets to be good overnight. Most people when they hit 50 especially the first time are learning their final rotation.. experimenting with builds etc to get the most out of their characters. The only constant at that point is the gear.
Yet it really isn't, as i've pointed out gear isn't that important as BiS pve gear will make you just as powerful in pvp, it takes time to get BiS pvp gear, recruit gear or even reg war hero isn't going to match up to EWH and i've seen plenty of players that have just pvp'ed enough to get EWH and suck at pvp so it wouldn't make any difference if they had recruit, WH, EWH or just went in with no gear on as they are horrible and have no skill.