Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Leaving Early

Raaaaaaaandy
02.23.2013 , 01:47 AM | #1
So I am finding it really hard to play now on my new 50 in PvP. I am only outfitted in Recruit armor thus I am ridiculed by teammates for having weak armor. I am confused? Do I need to have Elite War Hero off the back? Am I missing something?

Are any of the community players experiencing this? Because if so the devs need to really look into this.

Also I am finding that when people who think "they are better than everyone" leave the PvP group because most of the group is outfitted in recruit armor. It's just painful to see just lack of help one can get within a community based game. People please understand that we cannot get high gear without winning or playing Warzones. If the high rated armor player sticked around and helped out then there would be no issue. Thus I am calling for the DEVs to look into some sort of system to penalize those who leave the game early. Those who even leave before the warzone has begun, because this is taking away a fun factor from the PvP matches, and just makes the game not fun at all for those who really like the game so far.

People please leave your comments and thoughts. I really want to hear about other people experiences.

Thanks,
Houzi

ChickenWangs
02.23.2013 , 01:55 AM | #2
Maybe you should have saved up 2750 Wz comms before you hit 50 so you could buy some WH gear?

And what class are you? If you are a class that can heal, and you are in recruit gear, then heal. Otherwise you are just plain useless.

Players who want to get their weeklies done quickly are the ones who need the ranked comms. It is entirely elitist; however, in a game with gear progression their is an inherit degree of elitism.
The Dominator Legacy
Robertson - Vanguard
Markussemaj - Mercenary
Jamesemaj - Sentinel

Lord_Karsk
02.23.2013 , 01:58 AM | #3
Just ignore the people who leave, if they re roll and play with recruit gear and someone leaves because of it they will know how it feels.But this should change soon with the new expertise bolster system. So stick with it, you will only use a few days to get warhero

Smashbrother
02.23.2013 , 02:02 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Karsk View Post
Just ignore the people who leave, if they re roll and play with recruit gear and someone leaves because of it they will know how it feels.But this should change soon with the new expertise bolster system. So stick with it, you will only use a few days to get warhero
No, because when people reroll they are smart enough to farm comms before hitting 50 so they aren't completely gimped.

NLxAROSA
02.23.2013 , 02:15 AM | #5
Don't believe the gear hype. Skill > Gear. You're only gimped if you suck. If people want to leave, let them. Ignore the remarks.

People seem to think that buying an F1 car will make you as fast as Sebastian Vettel. In reality, his skill will mean he'll lap you in a car half as fast as yours.

That said: it shouldn't take too long, even if you lose constantly, to get some nice WH upgrades.

Targarion
02.23.2013 , 02:32 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
No, because when people reroll they are smart enough to farm comms before hitting 50 so they aren't completely gimped.
2700 coms only gets a few War hero items. Not a real big advantage.

Targarion
02.23.2013 , 02:34 AM | #7
Just ignore the peeps giving you a hard time. Obviously it takes a little maturity to not raz people in game, so if some one is giving you a hard time, just mind your business and keep at it. It doesn't take that long to get your character fully war hero ready.

LayneStaley
02.23.2013 , 02:39 AM | #8
Don't mind them. I've won several WZs with crap gear, and even in the wrong Lightsaber Form. It's all about teamwork. Gear is a bonus.

Try to avoid 1v1 fights. Be realistic and do what you can to influence the fight in your teams favor.

For instance: (I am a Juggernaut) - Throw your lightsaber at the guy trying to cap a door in Voidstar, try to disengage -repeat.
Use your taunts to keep damage off your team if caught in a big fight.
Use the Ops chat for what it's worth. Report everything. Incomings (West, East, Mid) how many, etc..

If you know you do these things - don't bother listening to the guys slating you and your armor - you are already better than most players.

AdrianDmitruk
02.23.2013 , 02:39 AM | #9
Most people who have alts will use them to farm WH/EWH gear, remod it to legacy gear, and mail it to any new toon that dings 50.

Assuming you don't have access to level 50 alts, the next best thing you can do to prep for dinging 50 is to save warzone comms in lowbie, start converting them to ranked comms after level 40, and cap both regular and ranked comms by the time you ding 50.

Upon dinging 50, the smart player then buys regular WH with the regular comms, and then downgrades the ranked comms to regular, buys more WH, repeat until out of comms.

You can get more than half WH instantly upon dinging 50 this way. Since you did not prepare for this while you were in lowbie, the next couple days of warzones are going to be painful for you.
Adrian-Defense Guardian | Kerrik-Vigilance Guardian | Matari-Scoundrel Healer | Treston-Pyromaniac Vanguard | Eamen-Sage Healer
Kendrew-Op Healer | Andreus-Sorc Healer | Matarion-Juggernaut Smasher | Darrien-Veng Juggernaut
The Makaryk Legacy of Healing to Full - Begeren Colony

Smashbrother
02.23.2013 , 02:51 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Targarion View Post
2700 coms only gets a few War hero items. Not a real big advantage.
Then there's also all the ranked comms they farmed too. It's a big difference then simply showing up in all recruit. People also buy pieces and mail them to alts using legacy gear. Unless it's your very first ever 50, there's no excuse to not have some WH pieces.