Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Clone Wars S05E19 - To Catch A Jedi

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Clone Wars S05E19 - To Catch A Jedi

UndyingImhotep's Avatar


UndyingImhotep
02.25.2013 , 08:25 AM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
It seems to me that every time they get away from clones fighting droids that this show gets amazing.
Not always....some of the best episodes IMO have been the ones where they focus on the Clones with no Jedi involvement at all.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

KillerKans's Avatar


KillerKans
02.25.2013 , 09:22 AM | #82
I fell like Ventress was thrown into this arc especially after this recent episode. Trying to convince me that Ventress would believe Ashoka at this point is going to be able to go infront of the jedi council and have Ventress redeemed of all her crimes? Doesn't seem realistic to me, I feel like Ventress end is coming

TheBBP's Avatar


TheBBP
02.25.2013 , 09:40 AM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by UndyingImhotep View Post
Not always....some of the best episodes IMO have been the ones where they focus on the Clones with no Jedi involvement at all.
I guess I will retract that. I was very fond of the Kamino arc with Fives, Hevy, 99 and such.
Crosswire - Republic Commando
Commander - The Way of the Maker Christian/Family-rated Guild
Ebon Hawk

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
02.25.2013 , 11:27 AM | #84
I don't want to link the "five reasons" post,
But those aren't 5 reasons, that's one reason, the other 4 are responses to flaws in the first reason...
Just sayin'
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
Celna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

Lord_O_Death_Joe's Avatar


Lord_O_Death_Joe
02.25.2013 , 12:31 PM | #85
On a side note, with mind tricks I don't know how hard it would be for a more sage-like jedi (such as Bariss) to get into a clone uniform and force choke for like 10 feet away. Sure the armor wouldn't fit well, but with preperation it's not impossible (luke comes to mind =P) Perhaps that is just me. I see Sidious having convinced Bariss to move the bomb plot foward while helping Tarkin hammer the Jedi for the results. They would not need to have any idea about each other and still produce the result of Ashoka being framed, Anakin more darkside, and the whole Council looking bad for the populus.

I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but inside the facility, 3 clones were murdered. Rex even said so. Tarkin reported that 5 clones were murdered by Ashoka. Did anyone notice 2 other clones being killed? I didn't. Yep, clearly something else is going on here, writers don't usually just make that kind of error. This pointed me to think that 1 or 2 of the clones weren't suppose to be inside that prison, and perhaps one of them was this dark-jedi we are looking for.

If they were to introduce a completely subjected Maul as the instrument of Ashoka's escape, (shaved horns to fit inside the helmet, to complete his fury in dishonor) I'd be happy. But I doubt it, after they have a small female character fight Ashoka, the options are so limited it seems to be Bariss. I think it will be the no surprise of Bariss for the Jedi, but there will be a much bigger twist on what happens to Ashoka. Perhaps we will find the corruption goes higher up the ladder and Anakin will suddenly seem alot more aware of the effectiveness of the dark side.
-
*.....*.,,....Lv fr r d lk pr....,,.*......*
.......,~,.....Srh hrugh Awsmss.....,~,.......
.._.~;`~._,;~,................... Joe ....................,~;,_.~`;~._..

Ventessel's Avatar


Ventessel
02.25.2013 , 01:00 PM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth__Carnal View Post
5 REASONS IT IS BARRISS...

HOW IS BARRISS SO OVERPOWERED ?
4. First off, Barriss is not overpowered, but what makes you think Barriss is weak ?

Barriss is in the same age group as Ahsoka, and in a lot of ways far more mentally focused. Barriss at one point, "memorized all 200 junctions of a Geonosis hive, because her master told her too". Ahsoka doesn't have that type of focus and would of laughed in Anakin's face if he asked her to do it.

Having the mental fortitude to study a lightsaber style, and practice again and again and again and again, is not something that really is hard for a person like Barriss.

But can she beat Ahsoka in a duel ? Yes. ABSOLUTELY ! Why ? Because to kick ***** as a Jedi, has nothing to do with physical ability. It has to do with your level of focus. Clearing your mind, concentrating, and having the confidence to follow through. Three things that Ahsoka is not able to do at the moment.

Barriss was rested, focused, and ready to do what needed to be done.
Ahsoka was tired, scared, confused, or as she puts it, "Off her game.." because of the stress she was under.

Barriss, being the more disciplined one, made the decision early on that she would have to be ready to kill clones, frame friends, and tarnish the name of the Jedi forever in order to win. Ahsoka is still trying to wrap her head around the first one.

I'm just weighing in quickly on this one. For Barris to crush Ahsoka would not be hard, given their personalities. Especially if Barris lost to Ahsoka early on in her training, it could have pushed her to train all that much harder and focus on improving her saber skills. Barris seems like the personality type to overcome challenges through calculated action and dedication.

And anyone in Ahsoka's state would be performing poorly, so even if at the top of her game she might be more skilled, at that moment anything could happen.
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. ~ George Orwell

Spartanik's Avatar


Spartanik
02.25.2013 , 01:10 PM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by KillerKans View Post
I fell like Ventress was thrown into this arc especially after this recent episode. Trying to convince me that Ventress would believe Ashoka at this point is going to be able to go infront of the jedi council and have Ventress redeemed of all her crimes? Doesn't seem realistic to me, I feel like Ventress end is coming
I agree with this wich is sad, sense i realy like ventress. And in the preview we see Anakin had at her.
Allthough i wouldnt put past her motives about a pardon or a chance of "freedom" Her first master was a jedi once too.
But yeah it is a poor excuse i think.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
02.25.2013 , 01:13 PM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth__Carnal View Post
5 REASONS IT IS BARRISS...
I agree with your points, I now realise that Barriss' expression looked more like nervousness than guilt, and does have the potential to be more skilled than Ashoka (although she may have had her abilites heightened by Sidious/dark side.)

However one thing I disagree on is Barriss' motives, and that she is working alone. Firstly, Barriss is peaceable, reserved and selfless. I really don't think that alone she would go the extents she has just to end the war. Nor do I feel it was a very powerful ploy to end the war. Sabotaging the Jedi Temple simply isn't going to have any real effect on Jedi involvement. Yes it is showing the Jedi that public opinion is turning against them, but they will not risk abandoning the war and the Republic, whom they are sworn to protect. Nor will the military ban them from the war on such a minor, unrelated issue. I mean it obviously didn't work as the Jedi were in the war until the end, and if you think about it the outcome should have been the same whether they found out it was Barriss or not - both are Jedi.

For those reasons I think Offee, if she is the 'Jedi', has been corrupted by either Sidious or Dooku (more likely Sidious) and is in league (perhaps unknowingly on Tarkin's part) with Tarkin. And the real plan is to frame Ashoka for the crime and so have her exile or executed, both removing her from Sidious' scheme to turn Anakin to the darkside and to make Anakin angry and distant from the Council - its all too well planned for it to be any other way.

Concerning the relationship between Tarkin and Offee. Its likely neither know that the other is involved. Sidious probably told Offee to frame Ashoka and Tarkin was probably told by Sidious that 'someone' would aid in Ashoka's framing, and all he had to do was play along.

Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_O_Death_Joe View Post
On a side note, with mind tricks I don't know how hard it would be for a more sage-like jedi (such as Bariss) to get into a clone uniform and force choke for like 10 feet away. Sure the armor wouldn't fit well, but with preperation it's not impossible (luke comes to mind =P)...

...I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but inside the facility, 3 clones were murdered. Rex even said so. Tarkin reported that 5 clones were murdered by Ashoka. Did anyone notice 2 other clones being killed? I didn't. Yep, clearly something else is going on here, writers don't usually just make that kind of error. This pointed me to think that 1 or 2 of the clones weren't suppose to be inside that prison, and perhaps one of them was this dark-jedi we are looking for.
Very good point, that is a possibility... though I think Offee could have stealthed her way into the temple. And concerning what Tarkin said, I noticed that too, but interpreted differently. Firstly, most of what he said is baseless and untrue. He has no evidence that Ashoka used a mind trick, and only 3 clones were killed, not 6 along the way. Maybe other bodies were found, but it sounded more like Tarkin was deliberately setting Ashoka up by fabricating evidence.
Quote: Originally Posted by UndyingImhotep View Post
I watched the fight between Asoka and the mystery jedi several times and the mystery jedi is not Aurra Sing. Aurra Sing has very long fingers (twice as long as a normal human) and when the mystery jedi uses the force to make noise to distract Asoka you can see that he/she has normal length fingers, not the long ones of Sing.
Damn it your right, I reckon it isn't Sing. Oh well.

P.S. I still think Commander Fox might be in on this... maybe.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
02.25.2013 , 01:22 PM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by KillerKans View Post
I fell like Ventress was thrown into this arc especially after this recent episode. Trying to convince me that Ventress would believe Ashoka at this point is going to be able to go infront of the jedi council and have Ventress redeemed of all her crimes? Doesn't seem realistic to me, I feel like Ventress end is coming
I disagree, I think this arc is meant to be a turning point in her life. The fact she so eagerly accepted Ashoka's offer I think is because she is desperate for acceptance or forgiveness from the Jedi, whom she really have little reason to hate, and may well have reconciled herself with that hate and felt remorse at all she has done.

Basically she want's a clean slate, really really badly.

Then again, there is a possiblity that Ventress could die... she is in the 'who will fall' poster - but there is a lot more she has to give. I for one, will be very upset if Ventress dies. She is my favourite character in this series.

But notice however, that all of these characters have been in near life or death situations and either surived or died. Hondo survived the attack on his base, and that bounty hunter survived an encounter with Maul. And Maul was spared by Sidious. All the rest died. Ashoka may have just had her moment, so all that leaves is Rex and Ventress...

RavenJar's Avatar


RavenJar
02.25.2013 , 03:06 PM | #90
I believe Rex will die.