Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Clone Wars S05E19 - To Catch A Jedi

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Clone Wars S05E19 - To Catch A Jedi

Beniboybling
02.23.2013 , 06:20 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
you guys seem to forget this is a cartoon made for kids. They are really not concered with what you think the abilites of the force are and what the rules are. They change them as it fits the story.
You forget that this is Star Wars, and George Lucas has very strict ideas about how his universe works. You also forget that kids are not stupid.

Spartanik
02.23.2013 , 06:21 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
you guys seem to forget this is a cartoon made for kids. They are really not concered with what you think the abilites of the force are and what the rules are. They change them as it fits the story.
Nothing to do with the show being for kids. As it happen in the movies it will happen in this show too.
They do what they want, they dont need to take into account what the fans think is canon. Even if they try to acomodate a few things.
Quote:
You forget that this is Star Wars, and George Lucas has very strict ideas about how his universe works.
yes in wich sometimes its knowned to change the canon.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

Beniboybling
02.23.2013 , 06:28 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Spartanik View Post
Nothing to do with the show being for kids. As it happen in the movies it will happen in this show too.
They do what they want, they dont need to take into account what the fans think is canon. Even if they try to acomodate a few things.
It annoys me when people think the creators of Star Wars have this blaise attitude to just about everything, and just because they can, they will. Have you ever heard of the Holocron Continuity Database? Lucas and others are clearly concerned about making sure the Star Wars universe runs as smoothly as possible and doesn't have any contradictions. If Bariss suddenly got buffed for no reason, that would be a contradiction - the writers don't want that. If I were writing Star Wars I wouldn't want there to be glaring contradictions. And I wouldn't just say 'whatever, the fans can't do anything, who cares'. Funnily enough they actually care about Star Wars and aren't just in it for the money.

But that's not to say it can't happen, there are several ways they could explain Offee becoming suddenly more powerful - e.g. turned to the dark side/'helped' by Sidious.

Meglivorn
02.23.2013 , 06:48 PM | #44
Everyone is so concentrate on that the force choke in the prison block was form great distance. We all seen Vader choke someone over comm and video feed. It was simply enough to hack into the prison video surveillance and check on the cell camera. And with Tarkin's (and I have no dount that he is in this fully) help its an easy task.

Right now my prime suspect is also Offee, but true that its too simple at this early stage of the arc.

One other thing: there will be at least one more(possibly more) season of TCW so I really don't think they would kill one of the main characters of the show.
"Many weapons can kill, but only the lightsaber can inspire such extremes of hope or fear."

Beniboybling
02.23.2013 , 06:52 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Meglivorn View Post
Everyone is so concentrate on that the force choke in the prison block was form great distance. We all seen Vader choke someone over comm and video feed. It was simply enough to hack into the prison video surveillance and check on the cell camera. And with Tarkin's (and I have no dount that he is in this fully) help its an easy task.
Good call, hadn't thought of that.

Wolfninjajedi
02.23.2013 , 06:55 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
It annoys me when people think the creators of Star Wars have this blaise attitude to just about everything, and just because they can, they will. Have you ever heard of the Holocron Continuity Database? Lucas and others are clearly concerned about making sure the Star Wars universe runs as smoothly as possible and doesn't have any contradictions. If Bariss suddenly got buffed for no reason, that would be a contradiction - the writers don't want that. If I were writing Star Wars I wouldn't want there to be glaring contradictions. And I wouldn't just say 'whatever, the fans can't do anything, who cares'. Funnily enough they actually care about Star Wars and aren't just in it for the money.

But that's not to say it can't happen, there are several ways they could explain Offee becoming suddenly more powerful - e.g. turned to the dark side/'helped' by Sidious.
Or perhaps she was just holding back previously? Feigning that she wasn't as good as she actually is?
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Beniboybling
02.23.2013 , 06:56 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Or perhaps she was just holding back previously? Feigning that she wasn't as good as she actually is?
I just don't see Offee being that manipulative and crafty, especially from such an early stage...

Wolfninjajedi
02.23.2013 , 06:58 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I just don't see Offee being that manipulative and crafty, especially from such an early stage...
/shrug, was just a thought.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Vepariga
02.23.2013 , 07:37 PM | #49
Amazing episode. The animation is seriously Perfected. When Anakin saw Ahsoka and Ventress together you could FEEL his expression. That fight scene with the clones and then that Fight scene with the Dark Jedi..my god. Incredible. One of the BEST lightsaber duels Ive seen so far.

Ahsoka just keeps getting herself more and more deeper in **** the more she trys to keep out of it. One of the best arcs so far. really loving it. Those underworld cops are cool too.
== Dark Lord of the Sith and Proud member of the 501st Legion ==
"For my ally is the Force and a powerful ally it is."

BradTheImpaler
02.23.2013 , 09:53 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Vepariga View Post
Amazing episode. The animation is seriously Perfected. When Anakin saw Ahsoka and Ventress together you could FEEL his expression. That fight scene with the clones and then that Fight scene with the Dark Jedi..my god. Incredible. One of the BEST lightsaber duels Ive seen so far.

Ahsoka just keeps getting herself more and more deeper in **** the more she trys to keep out of it. One of the best arcs so far. really loving it. Those underworld cops are cool too.
Agreed. I honestly almost thought Ahsoka was done for when she lost her saber.
In the Imperial Army, it takes more courage to retreat than to advance.