Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Clone Wars S05E19 - To Catch A Jedi

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Clone Wars S05E19 - To Catch A Jedi

Spartanik's Avatar


Spartanik
02.23.2013 , 04:41 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by SNCommand View Post
The reason why I think it's Barriss now is mostly because introducing another character at this point would be bad storytelling, and she was the only person the audience knows knew about the warhouse besides Ahsoka and Ventress

It would also explain why they have decided to focus on the relationship between Ahsoka and Barriss in a storyline where they could focus on any number of different important relationships
Exactly
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
02.23.2013 , 04:43 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Spartanik View Post
who says she was far? she was close enough to be very near, not only to drop the security key, and to kill those clones.

Also mastered force choke or dual blade? what that means? if she turned to the dark side she could very well be proficient enough to do it. Mastered isnt even required. Ahsoka swicthed fighting style arround the same time frame even.
As far we know barris was the only one knowing where Ashoka was ( at the wharehouse), besides ventress, but for obvious reasons ventress is ruled out. And the fact that the comunication was secured ( ashoka hacking the comunication line to make it so)

If it isnt Barris it could be someone working with her. someone we dont know, wich means they will be intruducing a new character wich i very rather doubt at this point.

All im saying cleary from wacthing this last episodes everything points to her. Remember that the girl who was forced choked said it was working with a jedi. that narrows even more the suspect list.
She didn't come until Ahsoka was captured for the murder, otherwise the clones would notice her or she would be sensed by Ahsoka.

No, even with the talent of Anakin could not use the Dark Side that way in short time, it takes long, especially for Jedi to control their power.

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
02.23.2013 , 04:51 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by SNCommand View Post
The reason why I think it's Barriss now is mostly because introducing another character at this point would be bad storytelling, and she was the only person the audience knows knew about the warhouse besides Ahsoka and Ventress

It would also explain why they have decided to focus on the relationship between Ahsoka and Barriss in a storyline where they could focus on any number of different important relationships
Twist a character's persona by 180 degree is not good story telling as well.

Spartanik's Avatar


Spartanik
02.23.2013 , 04:52 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
She didn't come until Ahsoka was captured for the murder, otherwise the clones would notice her or she would be sensed by Ahsoka.

No, even with the talent of Anakin could not use the Dark Side that way in short time, it takes long, especially for Jedi to control their power.
You wrong right at the begining of the last episode i think she had an argument with Ashoka right before the council send her to the prison to interrogate the girl.
Curiosly an argument arround the darkside and control of the emotions. When barris cleary seemed quite conflicted and her belief shaken on the jedi teachings.
The ideia that Ashoka could sense her is sketchy. I think Ashoka didnt sensed alot o things that day. she even thought it was his master anakin who droped the key. Could it mean she sensed a jedi after all?

About force choke.. hum not realy, its not a very complicated power amoung the "darkside powers" its basicaly Telekinesis applyed at a certain area of the body. Not saying its easy to get if going, but its probably easier enough for a jedi, then lets say force lightining or force crush.

Quote:
Twist a character's persona by 180 degree is not good story telling as well.
Her character didnt seem as straight in other episodes Not bad persÚ, but certainly a jedi with fragil beliefs special after that ordeal in geonosis, and after it. 180║ degree might be giving too much credit to her character.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
02.23.2013 , 05:04 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Spartanik View Post
You wrong right at the begining of the last episode i think she had an argument with Ashoka right before the council send her to the prison to interrogate the girl.
Curiosly an argument arround the darkside and control of the emotions. When barris cleary seemed quite conflicted and her belief shaken on the jedi teachings.
The ideia that Ashoka could sense her is sketchy. I think Ashoka didnt sensed alot o things that day. she even thought it was his master anakin who droped the key. Could it mean she sensed a jedi after all?

About force choke.. hum not realy, its not a very complicated power amoung the "darkside powers" its basicaly Telekinesis applyed at a certain area of the body. Not saying its easy to get if going, but its probably easier enough for a jedi, then lets say force lightining or force crush.

Her character didnt seem as straight in other episodes. 180║ degree might be giving too much credit to her character.
She was not close to the cell when Ahoska went to see Letta, the clone troops were guarding there, so it would take long distance for her to do the Force Choke.

It would take a lot of effort for a confused padawan to master the Dark Side, such as Force Choke people from such a long distance and master Jar'Kai and beat Ahsoka so easily.

Spartanik's Avatar


Spartanik
02.23.2013 , 05:21 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
She was not close to the cell when Ahoska went to see Letta, the clone troops were guarding there, so it would take long distance for her to do the Force Choke.

It would take a lot of effort for a confused padawan to master the Dark Side, such as Force Choke people from such a long distance and master Jar'Kai and beat Ahsoka so easily.
she could well be in a vent or something it doesnt seem she entered the prison by force.
And for learning jar kai i dont see why not. Ashoka learn it in more or less the same time frame why couldnt barris do it too? and beat her? its circunstancial i dont see why couldnt happen. Not to mention Ashoka was using only one light saber she probably wasnt at her best and had to adapt.

Regardless the plot evidence in the show is overwhelming at this point. Unless they realy suprise us with something new. BUt i personaly doubt it.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

Aitix's Avatar


Aitix
02.23.2013 , 05:45 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
From previous episodes it is quite clear to me that Offee cannot out duel ahsoka....
And yes, but thats different, It wasnt established in other Canon that ahsoka was a djem user, like it is that Offee is a Soresu user....
That was from the Geonosis arc back in Season 2. This arc is happening after the Season 3 timeskip. Naturally, people change over time when it comes to abilities and personality. Barriss could have changed a lot since Season 2.

Aitix's Avatar


Aitix
02.23.2013 , 05:49 PM | #38
Oh, and as for the episode, I thought it was fantastic. The atmosphere, action, dialogue, voice-acting, and animation were all well-done. However, the story suffered a bit. Plo Koon didn't do much and Ahsoka convinced Ventress too easily to help her. Speaking of Ahsoka, she was a bit too weak.

I must say though, I really liked the banter between Ahsoka and Ventress. It would be nice for them to work together again sometime.

jarjarloves's Avatar


jarjarloves
02.23.2013 , 06:13 PM | #39
you guys seem to forget this is a cartoon made for kids. They are really not concered with what you think the abilites of the force are and what the rules are. They change them as it fits the story.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
02.23.2013 , 06:18 PM | #40
Incredible episode. I reall like Ashoka's little hood thing, the chase scene, the Bith disrespecting, those transports the Jedi used, Ventress robot voice and a whole lots other things.

And did anyone get the subtle reference to 1313? When Barriss contacts Ashoka she says the factory is '2 levels up' on level 1315. Which means the level Ashoka and Ventress was on was level 1313. Thought that was pretty cool.

Another thing that's interesting is Ventress. I was quite surprised how quickly she accepted to work with Ashoka when she promised to 'speak to the Council'. Does Ventress really care that much about having her name cleared? And does she really think it will happen? This seems wishful thinking on Ventress' part, the Jedi Council probably don't have the authority to even do that, a small part of me thinks that secretly Ventress wishes to return to their fold or simply be forgiven.

But onto the real question: who is this 'Jedi?'

At first a thought, its gotta be Bariss! (whom whenever is mentioned I keep thinking, its Darth Baras! ) she gave Ashoka the location of the nanodroids and knew where she was. But:

Bariss does't exactly have a strong motive, yes she has shown very subtle indications that she is opposed to the war, but even if she was could a Padawan like her sabotage the Jedi Temple and frame Ashoka?

There's something very insidious (pun intended) to this whole plot. I mean first of all, why go to all these lengths to frame Ashoka? Is what she knows really that importants? - and she knows relatively little. And don't you think there was something unpleasant about the fight with Ashoka? Her attacker really seemed to be beating the hell out of her when she could (if she was Bariss) just bashed her over the head or something. I mean Bariss and Ashoka are friends right? And yet Bariss seems to have no qualms about having her eliminated.

Bariss didn't seem that skilled several seasons ago. Ashoka defeated her rather easily... but then again that was a long time ago and Bariss was under the influence of brain worms. But even so, surely if Barriss has improved, Ashoka has too? This 'jedi' defeated Ashoka pretty easily whereas if it was Barriss I would expect her to lose or at least it have been more of a close fight.

There are therefore three possibilities:

  1. Bariss has turned to the dark side, corrupted by Sidious, which would explain her motives and her heightened abilities.

  2. Bariss is not working alone, there is another Jedi involved whom carried out the attack. Both of them are involved in the plot to on the Jedi Temple.

  3. Bariss is not involved, this Jedi is someone else entirely.

IMO I think it may very well be number 1, Bariss has been corrupted by Darth Sidious and made into a pawn. But how does Tarkin fit into this? Does he know that Bariss is the Jedi behind this? Surely he must, its become quite clear that Tarkin is a major component in the framing of Ashoka, after all he has no evidence whatsover to support what he claimed happened, and was all too eager to denounce the Jedi Order. 'This is sedition!' he said it as if the entire Order is responsible, and cannot be trusted.

The plot has most certainly thickened.

P.S. Trust Aurbere to complain about the lack of Plo Koon But no really, I feel for you. One thing I hope they don't do is end Ventress here, I would rage if they did that - but I don't think they will.