Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Bradley Cooper May Be Cast As Han Solo's Son

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Bradley Cooper May Be Cast As Han Solo's Son

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
03.17.2013 , 07:08 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
Unless of course this just turns out to be the worst casting since Samuel L Jackson as Mace WIndu.
I'm sorry... what?

Crawelc's Avatar


Crawelc
03.17.2013 , 08:39 AM | #32
who the hell else but Sam Jackson could have possibly pulled off Mace, please tell me
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest>
All Imprimis All the time.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
03.17.2013 , 08:41 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Crawelc View Post
who the hell else but Sam Jackson could have possibly pulled off Mace, please tell me
Exactly. Mace was by no means a calm, peaceful Jedi - he practiced Vaapad for god's sake.

Ventessel's Avatar


Ventessel
03.17.2013 , 08:25 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Exactly. Mace was by no means a calm, peaceful Jedi - he practiced Vaapad for god's sake.
Honestly, he was the only Jedi aside from Obi-Wan that anyone actually liked. He had character, and was clearly passionate.
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell

Brackiss's Avatar


Brackiss
03.18.2013 , 04:13 PM | #35
Quote:
However, it is true and confirmed that Episode 7 will not follow an existing story in the EU. Unless Episode 7 somehow happens before Jacen Solo dies, I would say this rumor is false.
If Ep 7 doesn't follow any existing EU story then who is to say that Jacen, Jaina, or Anakin Solo will even exist? The movies were always canon, obviously, so if LF decides to give Han and Leia one child instead of 3 and name him Bart, then that's the way it is. A lot of the EU is screwed up since the prequels were released, proving that Lucas has the final say in the SW universe.
As for Bradley Cooper being in a SW movie, that would be a deal breaker for me.
The Darkchylde Legacy
Zartaan - Jedi Guardian / Ridd - Sith Juggernaut / Nomi-lo - Jedi Shadow / Brackiss - Sith Sorceror
"The darker the shadow, the brighter the light that casts it." - Tahiri Veila

jovianus's Avatar


jovianus
03.19.2013 , 01:27 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Brackiss View Post
If Ep 7 doesn't follow any existing EU story then who is to say that Jacen, Jaina, or Anakin Solo will even exist? The movies were always canon, obviously, so if LF decides to give Han and Leia one child instead of 3 and name him Bart, then that's the way it is. A lot of the EU is screwed up since the prequels were released, proving that Lucas has the final say in the SW universe.
Lucas has always been quite clear that only what he says/appears in the movies is the 'True Story' of the Star Wars Universe.

Events in the EU might be true, they might be a generally accepted view of what happened, but they're not fact until they appear in his own canon. In the case of contradiction there is no debate, anything in the EU is null and void if he says/shows something different. Presumably that authority now sits with Disney.

Brackiss's Avatar


Brackiss
03.19.2013 , 02:30 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by jovianus View Post
Lucas has always been quite clear that only what he says/appears in the movies is the 'True Story' of the Star Wars Universe.

Events in the EU might be true, they might be a generally accepted view of what happened, but they're not fact until they appear in his own canon. In the case of contradiction there is no debate, anything in the EU is null and void if he says/shows something different. Presumably that authority now sits with Disney.
Any reason why you chose to repeat what I just said? There was no reason to quote my post only to say the same thing in yours.

Is this about the SGR toggle thread? This is harrassment...

Get off my d*ck already!
The Darkchylde Legacy
Zartaan - Jedi Guardian / Ridd - Sith Juggernaut / Nomi-lo - Jedi Shadow / Brackiss - Sith Sorceror
"The darker the shadow, the brighter the light that casts it." - Tahiri Veila

jovianus's Avatar


jovianus
03.19.2013 , 02:37 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Brackiss View Post
Any reason why you chose to repeat what I just said? There was no reason to quote my post only to say the same thing in yours.

Is this about the SGR toggle thread? This is harrassment...

Get off my d*ck already!


I was responding because you said that the PT "proved" that George Lucas had the final say in SW, more generally to the people who seem to think there is some kind of debate as to the precedence of the EU.

So, I was actually just backing up your argument.

ImmortalLowlife's Avatar


ImmortalLowlife
03.19.2013 , 01:30 PM | #39
"I'm sick of these mf'n Sith hiding in this mf'n galaxy!"-Mace speaking to yoda during a late night council meeting Lmao

Even if they don't follow the eu, I expect they'll keep tha basics. Han & Leia get married,have The twins & Anakin. Luke & Mara have been, & Lando & Tendra have chicane. & since its Disney, I won't be surprised when I see Leo Howard from kicking it as Jacen, Selena Gomez as Janna, & Anakin played by Ferb....
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

Server: The Shadowlands/ Guild~The Elite Imperial Guard & Order of the Light~

Crawelc's Avatar


Crawelc
03.19.2013 , 01:57 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by ImmortalLowlife View Post
"I'm sick of these mf'n Sith hiding in this mf'n galaxy!"-Mace speaking to yoda during a late night council meeting Lmao

Even if they don't follow the eu, I expect they'll keep tha basics. Han & Leia get married,have The twins & Anakin. Luke & Mara have been, & Lando & Tendra have chicane. & since its Disney, I won't be surprised when I see Leo Howard from kicking it as Jacen, Selena Gomez as Janna, & Anakin played by Ferb....
You(not quoted poster specificly) either have children or ar a child yourself if you recognize any of those names. I recognized them all. Well played sir.
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest>
All Imprimis All the time.