Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bradley Cooper May Be Cast As Han Solo's Son

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Bradley Cooper May Be Cast As Han Solo's Son

Selorian
02.22.2013 , 07:54 PM | #1
There is a story going around a few movie websites that Bradley Cooper is going to be cast as one of Han and Leia's sons: Bradley Cooper To Play Han Solo's Son?

Pirana
02.22.2013 , 09:00 PM | #2
I'd be okay with it, he can act, and he has just enough arrogance/cockiness that would fit into the role. But I wouldn't put much stock in it, rumors are just that.
The Journey Is Often Greater Than The Destination

TheBBP
02.22.2013 , 09:25 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Pirana View Post
I'd be okay with it, he can act, and he has just enough arrogance/cockiness that would fit into the role. But I wouldn't put much stock in it, rumors are just that.
I would be cool with it too. He is legit as an actor in all aspects of comedy/action/drama. Is he bordering too old to be Han's son though?
Crosswire - Republic Commando
Commander - The Way of the Maker Christian/Family-rated Guild
Ebon Hawk

Ravager
02.22.2013 , 09:44 PM | #4
This would make me weary if true... considering that both Jacen Solo and Anakin Solo are dead, it means it's a retcon or they would be following an EU storyline.
Sexy Panther Fighting Corps!(Spfc!) Selkath.com Forums
The most awesome clubs on Earth. We have a mascot. We are working on the laundromat.
Buskar- The Casual Mandalorian Swinging And Hanging Around Guild

TheBBP
02.22.2013 , 11:58 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
This would make me weary if true... considering that both Jacen Solo and Anakin Solo are dead, it means it's a retcon or they would be following an EU storyline.
Episode 7 will not follow the EU.
Crosswire - Republic Commando
Commander - The Way of the Maker Christian/Family-rated Guild
Ebon Hawk

jarjarloves
02.23.2013 , 04:00 AM | #6
if this is true then this pretty much confirms they are just completely getting rid of the entire Post ROTJ EU. In no way does Bradley Cooper fit either Anakin Solo or Jacen Solo. He really is more like Han Solo then either of those two. I also can't see him being a jedi.

Unless of course this just turns out to be the worst casting since Samuel L Jackson as Mace WIndu.

jovianus
02.23.2013 , 04:02 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
if this is true then this pretty much confirms they are just completely getting rid of the entire Post ROTJ EU. In no way does Bradley Cooper fit either Anakin Solo or Jacen Solo. He really is more like Han Solo then either of those two. I also can't see him being a jedi.

Unless of course this just turns out to be the worst casting since Samuel L Jackson as Mace WIndu.
They've all ready said that the new movies will be an original story, not something pulled from the EU.

jarjarloves
02.23.2013 , 08:16 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by jovianus View Post
They've all ready said that the new movies will be an original story, not something pulled from the EU.
oh i know that but since it is going to take place 40 years after ROTJ there have been people wondering if it all just takes place after Fate of the Jedi.

BewareTheDonkey
02.23.2013 , 08:37 PM | #9
It's unlikely they will use anything from the EU.

Maybe names or a couple of small things.

The EU truly is effectively fan fiction now.

DAWUSS
02.23.2013 , 10:20 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by BewareTheDonkey View Post
The EU truly is effectively fan fiction now.
Which on one level is a good thing because of how crappy most of the content was, but at the same time, it's pretty well established in the franchise at this stage. Either way, I kinda feel sorry for the Wookieepedia editors who are going to have to sort the mess of rewrites and retcons coming up.