Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Kaggath Tournament Finals - Traya vs G0-T0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Tournament Finals - Traya vs G0-T0

GarfieldJL's Avatar


GarfieldJL
03.20.2013 , 05:19 PM | #611
Well this conversation gives added reason for G0-T0 to use stealth ships to take out or capture Traya's fleet.

Right now we have Traya throwing a tantrum and sending her fleet around to conduct orbital bombardments on planets, and sending assassins around to kill people.

Wouldn't the orbital bombardments start to really tick people off?

Really since the Hutts are not in play I don't see anyone putting a bounty on "Goto," and he'd obviously put one on Traya's head.

I just thought of something G0-T0 can do.

Send small ships in and release a naturally occurring plague into Malachor V's atmosphere or send some droids in and have them spray the disease every which way when they start encountering people.

Pretty soon Traya will have a nice plague on her hands.

Ventessel's Avatar


Ventessel
03.20.2013 , 06:00 PM | #612
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
P.S. Ventessel, I hope you don't mind me asking, but you seem to know a whole lot about military stuffs (), how come?
Too much time with the Navy, the Marines started rubbing off on me.
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell

Ventessel's Avatar


Ventessel
03.20.2013 , 06:09 PM | #613
Quote: Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
Considering how depth charges capitalize on the added pressure in water to be more destructive to submarines even if it is not an actual hit, I don't think explosive force is an issue.
This is slightly off-topic, but the effectiveness of depth charges is partially derived from the displacement of water next to the hull of a submarine. The hull of the sub is designed to withstand the slow, steady pressure of the sea. When a depth charge detonates close enough to the hull, the force of the explosion displaces a large volume of water, and if the resulting (temporary) vacuum comes into contact with the hull, the sudden decrease in pressure can cause the hull to rupture. Needless to say, that's bad news for the submarine crew.

EDIT: So I guess I'm not following your argument here. How is explosive force not going to be an issue here?


Quote: Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
Now concerning shrapenal, that could be an issue, on the other hand they aren't exactly organics either, so it's not like they will experience explosive decompression (which is why I specified the attackers be droids).
I'm not seeing how being a droid stops the shrapnel from damaging them? They'll need to be out of the potential line of effect drawn from the blast center regardless, or they might get perforated since the fragments won't slow down or be affected by gravity as they would in a planetary environment.
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell

Ventessel's Avatar


Ventessel
03.20.2013 , 06:15 PM | #614
Quote: Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
Well this conversation gives added reason for G0-T0 to use stealth ships to take out or capture Traya's fleet.

Right now we have Traya throwing a tantrum and sending her fleet around to conduct orbital bombardments on planets, and sending assassins around to kill people.

Wouldn't the orbital bombardments start to really tick people off?

Really since the Hutts are not in play I don't see anyone putting a bounty on "Goto," and he'd obviously put one on Traya's head.
Aside from all the smuggler's he's running out of business with his own ultra-efficient ring?

And Traya won't be bombarding random people in a temper tantrum, if she bombards anything at all. Traya was opposed to wanton destruction, so while G0-T0's vaunted HK droids might not care about blasting third parties to pieces, Traya will be very mindful of the consequences of all her actions. She's not only calculating and ruthless, but capable of remarkable forethought when it comes to seeing how her actions will take shape down the line.

Quote: Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
I just thought of something G0-T0 can do.

Send small ships in and release a naturally occurring plague into Malachor V's atmosphere or send some droids in and have them spray the disease every which way when they start encountering people.

Pretty soon Traya will have a nice plague on her hands.
Because viruses will survive so easily in the lush organic environments on Malachor. And G0-T0 has all those well-established biological weapons facilities we've all forgotten about.

See what I mean about G0-T0's options getting increasingly hare-brained and desperate?
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell

GarfieldJL's Avatar


GarfieldJL
03.21.2013 , 12:46 PM | #615
Quote: Originally Posted by Ventessel View Post
Because viruses will survive so easily in the lush organic environments on Malachor. And G0-T0 has all those well-established biological weapons facilities we've all forgotten about.

See what I mean about G0-T0's options getting increasingly hare-brained and desperate?
Let me get this straight you're saying that: if G0-T0 manages to send a bunch of probe droids to Malachor V, carrying canisters containing an airborne pathogen, and they manage to get it into Traya's academy (especially if the virus has about a 24 hour time frame before people start manifesting the symptoms; is a hare-brained and desperate idea?

Also concerning the droids, yes shrapnel is an issue, but it isn't as big of an issue for a droid as it would be for someone in a space suit.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
03.21.2013 , 03:29 PM | #616
IMPORTANT ANNOUCEMENT: THIS DEBATE IS CLOSED

For the results and conclusion to the Kaggath Tournament, see this thread.

Thanks for debating! That is all.

mefit's Avatar


mefit
06.17.2013 , 10:05 AM | #617
I know the Debate is dead and closed but I missed this one playing the game and spending less time on the forums.....................
GO-TO goes into hiding
Traya dies of old age
The end

Not to mention GO-TO has something tat Traya does not have , loyalty and most likely during this fight at one point or another a repeat of Scion and Nihilus will happen in which Traya might die to that time .


Go on and hate me now !
It fills me with POWWWWERRRRR !!!
Darth Mefit
Sith Marauder
Chiss
Shadowlands Server

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
06.17.2013 , 10:29 AM | #618
Quote: Originally Posted by mefit View Post
I know the Debate is dead and closed but I missed this one playing the game and spending less time on the forums.....................
GO-TO goes into hiding
Traya dies of old age
The end

Not to mention GO-TO has something tat Traya does not have , loyalty and most likely during this fight at one point or another a repeat of Scion and Nihilus will happen in which Traya might die to that time .


Go on and hate me now !
It fills me with POWWWWERRRRR !!!
Yes this debate is over, and its unfortunate that you missed it.

But without getting dragged back in Traya's forces are the more loyal. She has an army of Sith slaves bound to her will, former Jedi whose minds have been broken into subservience and Sith who are dedicated to their lords - bound by Sith Codes and all that. G0-T0 on the other hand has a bunch of well payed guns, powerful guns, but excluding the HK units only as loyal as the size of their credit stacks.

P.S. Sion and Nihilus did not participate in this battle. And I am planning on a new series so stick around for the summer.