Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Tournament Finals - Traya vs G0-T0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Tournament Finals - Traya vs G0-T0

Wolfninjajedi
03.17.2013 , 11:57 AM | #561
HK-50s have onboard weaponry? Source?
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

GarfieldJL
03.17.2013 , 12:14 PM | #562
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
HK-50s have onboard weaponry? Source?
Many combat capable droids had built in weaponary in that era, try playing KotOR I or KotOR II sometime...

Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I have to agree with LadyKulvax (or whatever you prefer to be called). Traya isn't stupid. She isn't going to go to the most obvious spot and sit around twiddling her thumbs. If she does go to Korriban, there are plenty of places for her to camp out in that are far more defendable than the Academy.
That is a good point, but G0-T0 can account for that.

Or she can visit the Tomb of Freedon Nadd and set up there. Or maybe Ziost. She has many options. Korriban isn't the only place for her to go.
G0-T0 has arguably been to the Tomb of Freedon Nadd, and definately knows of its existance on Dxun. I'm not sure if Traya knows of Ziost's location or not. However, G0-T0 could potentially find Ziost and conduct an orbital bombardment of that planet after taking Traya's fleet just as easily as he could attack Korriban.

And here's the thing. While she's busy stringing along G0-T0's forces, her assassins are doing what they do best: infiltration and assassination. G0-T0's going to find bodies piling up while he is busy looking for Traya. And if he isn't looking for Traya, he is just giving her more time to tear his powerbase apart.
This is the Exchange we're talking about, not a cocktail party... Infiltration attempts and assassination attempts are common, I think you're seriously over-estimating Traya's assassins...

Wolfninjajedi
03.17.2013 , 12:16 PM | #563
Quote: Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
Many combat capable droids had built in weaponary in that era, try playing KotOR I or KotOR II sometime...
I have, but I don't recall any HK droid having onboard weapons.

Canino
03.17.2013 , 12:22 PM | #564
On wookipedia, under technical specification, and more specifically in the armament section, lists "integrated modular weapon mounts".

Quote:
Armament- Blaster rifle, integrated modular weapon mounts
~wookipedia
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

Wolfninjajedi
03.17.2013 , 12:23 PM | #565
Quote: Originally Posted by Canino View Post
On wookipedia, under technical specification, and more specifically in the armament section, lists "integrated modular weapon mounts".

~wookipedia
Ya...modules, not weapons. They have mods for their blasters.

Canino
03.17.2013 , 12:25 PM | #566
Ya...modules, not weapons. They have mods for their blasters.
I know, just trying to clarify.
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

GarfieldJL
03.17.2013 , 12:26 PM | #567
What do you call the flame throwers that T3, HK 47 could have equipped? HK 50 units were based off the HK 47 specifications, additionally HK 50 units did use flame throwers in KotOR II...

Just cause something is stated in Wookieepedia, doesn't make it accurate.

Wolfninjajedi
03.17.2013 , 12:26 PM | #568
Edit: Wait, wait were getting confused here..sorry. By onboard weapons, I was thinking that you were meaning full scale blaster rifles and the like, not flamethrowers.

Beniboybling
03.17.2013 , 01:21 PM | #569
Quote: Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
You seriously didn't understand what I'm suggesting.

Since you said they couldn't hack the computers via the comm signals, my backup scenario would work just as well at seizing most, if not the entire fleet.
  1. HK Units do not require air, so a freighter can carry more units than it could carry people
    • A freighter the size of G0-T0's ship can probably carry at least 40 to 60 HK units on board, due to the fact an HK unit doesn't need air
    • A squad of 4 units would mean 10 ships to 15 ships can get attacked at same time
    • A squad of 3 units could mean that 13 to 20 ships can be attacked at the same time
  2. I said nothing about jamming any communication signals, quite the opposite, a few burst signals that are encrypted would be necessary to coordinate this plan
    • The plan is operating under the premise of the droid teams coordinating their strikes on each ship so that there is no time for the other ships to react
    • The plan is also operating under the premise of taking the bridge and shutting down life support, and/or venting the entire ship using the bridge controls, not a virus
  3. A good size squad of HK units for the intial strike on each capital ship would be 3 to 4 units, they would only need some shaped charges, their built in weapons, some blaster or disrupter rifles, backup blasters, and grenades. This wouldn't take up much space.
  4. If HK units can magnetize their feet, they will be able to walk on the outer hull of the capital ships, thus bypassing any organics and ensuring that the operation isn't compromised.
  5. Freighters can approach the capital ships from the rear where their sensors are the least effective, drop off 3 to 4 HK units on that ship
    • If they have to decloak the drive wash from the capital ships' own engines will mask the freighter's signature
    • If they don't have to decloak, there is no possible way for Traya's ships to get any warning.
  6. It would only require 2 to 3 freighters to pull this operation off

So with 2 to 3 freighters, which you just admitted G0-T0 could get outfitted in a short enough time frame, a bunch of HK units (G0-T0 has hundreds if not thousands of HK units he can call on), and some explosives (which are easy for G0-T0 to acquire, assuming he doesn't have them already), and he can take down a significant portion of Traya's fleet (if not the entire fleet present where he is attacking), all at once.

Backup plan of the backup plan:

If the droids can't shut down lifesupport after taking the bridge of each ship, they can steer ths ships into ramming each other and then potentially abandon ship (maybe some will survive), in any case every ship will be disabled or destroyed.
This plan still suffers from some problems:

• When the HK units cut through the hull, the bridge will be informed of a hull breach and can initiate lock down procedures. That will lock down the bridge and blast doors, as well as activate defenses including assault droids designed to repel boarding parties. Granted the droids will be stealthed but they'll have to cut through the blast doors, which will all be guarded.

• The Sith Interdictors are crawling with troopers, assassins, assault droids and likely a Sith Commander, who are more than capable of repelling HK units. What's more the bridge will be heavily guarded/sealed.

• If the droids manage to blow the windows on the bridge from the inside or the outside the automatic sealup would be activated, some might be pulled out but any Sith on board would survive, as would the troops at the very far end. 1 Sith Lord is enough to take on 3 or 4 units. And would have enough time to telepathically alert Traya to what has happened and call for reinforcements.

• The bridge controls can be locked down or transferred. That way the HK units would have to hack into the systems, giving the Sith enough time to send some forces to destroy them.

• Venting the entire ship will not destroy the assault droids.

But lets say the manage to capture the 2 Interdictors that make up the Interdiction fleet, what they won't realise is that despite having jammed their transmissions, the remaining fleet has been alerted telepathically and can prepare accordingly:

• Lock down the bridge completely, this means seal the windows as well to prevent the HK getting in or at least remove the element of surprise.

• Ambush the Interdictors as soon as the drop out of hyperspace and destroy them, these HK units aren't exactly naval captains.

• Have Sith assassins equipped with breath masks ready to board the ship and repel the invaders. And equip everyone else on the ships with breath masks as well.

As for your other points, these have been discussed at great lengths and you don't raise any new points so I'm not going to go over them again, but I will say this:

• Jekk'Jekk Tarr is the perfect place to gas, because its filled with chemical dispensers and all aliens who would normally wear breath masks have them removed. All the assassins need to do is equip themselves with breath masks, sneak in with some patrons then sabotage the chemical dispensers will poison toxic to all species e.g. dioxis and then capture Visquis in his personal lounge. (P.S. The toxins are only poisnous when breathed in, hence why the Exile only used breath control to resist them.)

• And these arguments concerning smugglers and BHs are all well and good, but what's a more vital asset? A bunch of mercenaries or the shipyards producing your stealthed fleet? A bunch of smugglers or your own bases and supplies? What exactly are these guys going to do.

EDIT: Good point about the shipyards, however Traya would simply add them to her list of places to destroy. It will take time but if G0-T0 isn't making any ground it will succeed.

LadyKulvax
03.17.2013 , 01:38 PM | #570
I'd like to know how G0-T0 and his lackeys will hack into Sith ships that were built by Rakatan technology(That's why Sith Interdictors were as strong as Imperial II-class SDs.), how would they make any sense of the technology themselves? the ships were maintained by Rakatan droids, all of which was constructed by the Star Forge.
Kote! Kandosii sa ka'rta, Vode an.
Battle Honour