Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Kaggath Tournament Finals - Traya vs G0-T0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Tournament Finals - Traya vs G0-T0

Canino's Avatar


Canino
03.17.2013 , 06:43 AM | #541
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I'm afraid this argument is fatally flawed because, as you said, the academy is abandoned. At this point it is no longer teaching students, and no longer receiving any kind of maintenance. Not that G0-T0 could do much damage, release some hungry tukata, that's about it. The academy was completely automated, but a thing that ancient doesn't have many automated systems.
Well, if Traya's troops are there, it wouldn't be abandoned....

No, but really. IIRC the terminals were all functioning when the Exile went there, and I'm assuming it is the same academy. It was completely automated, and as such G0-T0 would have a lot of control. And this is the only place Traya can go- she holds no other place in her powerbase there. According to this video (10 minutes) I have found that the computers open almost all the doors, and bypass security. Meaning, just lock them up, and gas them to death. Only Traya would survive. Then send a strike force in to eliminate her.
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

LadyKulvax's Avatar


LadyKulvax
03.17.2013 , 06:47 AM | #542
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
*Snip*
My plan would actually be more fitting in this regard for Traya, she doesn't do the obvious, she would probably use Ziost instead(A planet G0-T0 most likely hasn't even heard of) or go and populate Freedon Nadd's tomb which would be far harder to attack.

Oh and before I hear 'not in her powerbase' The Sith had been on Dxun for nearly three years scouting out Nadd's tomb and Ziost was always part of the space still being used by Sith Lords that Traya took control of when she first arrived on Malachor V.

Going to Korriban is just to blatantly obvious for Traya's mindset IMO.
I am the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order. I've struck you down once already. Today, I'm finishing the job.
Jedi Order

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
03.17.2013 , 06:50 AM | #543
Quote: Originally Posted by Canino View Post
Well, if Traya's troops are there, it wouldn't be abandoned....

No, but really. IIRC the terminals were all functioning when the Exile went there, and I'm assuming it is the same academy. It was completely automated, and as such G0-T0 would have a lot of control. And this is the only place Traya can go- she holds no other place in her powerbase there. According to this video (10 minutes) I have found that the computers open almost all the doors, and bypass security. Meaning, just lock them up, and gas them to death. Only Traya would survive. Then send a strike force in to eliminate her.
Yes but because the Academy is no longer in use, Traya is going to be very surprised and suspicious when a bunch of maintenance droids materialise out of nowhere and start 'fixing' systems that haven't been used for years... also, the automated systems don't have gas capabilities. Those gas things were deployed by the Triumvirate and not connected.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
03.17.2013 , 07:00 AM | #544
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
Oh and before I hear 'not in her powerbase' The Sith had been on Dxun for nearly three years scouting out Nadd's tomb and Ziost was always part of the space still being used by Sith Lords that Traya took control of when she first arrived on Malachor V.
I'm guessing this is stated in the KOTOR Campaign Guide as according to Wookieepedia the Sith under Nihilus were allowed to investigate the Tomb in return for helping Vaklu - post-betrayal - so Nihilus could devour the dark energies there.

P.S. I think G0-T0 would be aware of Ziost, as it is the former capital of Sith Empire and G0-T0 is going to set up traps on as many planets as he can in Sith Space.

LadyKulvax's Avatar


LadyKulvax
03.17.2013 , 07:11 AM | #545
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I'm guessing this is stated in the KOTOR Campaign Guide as according to Wookieepedia the Sith under Nihilus were allowed to investigate the Tomb in return for helping Vaklu - post-betrayal - so Nihilus could devour the dark energies there.
Like I said, Scouting out, they didn't know the SIth were there until they were approached by them and the only reason the Sith unveiled themselves to Vaklu and his lot was so a distraction could take place that blinded people from the more important issue at hand.(In-fact, I imagine Nihilus probably would've devoured Dxun and Onderon eventually)

Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
P.S. I think G0-T0 would be aware of Ziost, as it is the former capital of Sith Empire and G0-T0 is going to set up traps on as many planets as he can in Sith Space.
Ziost all but vanished off the face of the galaxy until the Sith Empire returned, even Darth Revan didn't establish a powerbase on Ziost, Exar Kun's Empire had established a cult on Ziost that the Republic never even knew of, Revan merely held them as allies, when Traya usurped the power of all the Sith warlords spread throughout the galaxy, it included Ziost itself.

The likelihood that G0-T0 would know of Ziost when the Republic didn't even attack it directly in the Hyperspace War, is extremely unlikely.
I am the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order. I've struck you down once already. Today, I'm finishing the job.
Jedi Order

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
03.17.2013 , 07:26 AM | #546
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
Like I said, Scouting out, they didn't know the SIth were there until they were approached by them and the only reason the Sith unveiled themselves to Vaklu and his lot was so a distraction could take place that blinded people from the more important issue at hand.(In-fact, I imagine Nihilus probably would've devoured Dxun and Onderon eventually)
Of course, from my understanding, Nihilus' forces revealed themselves to divide the planet into civil war, which, either way, would split the military in two so Nihilus could easily surround the planet himself.... Then devour them...
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
CelÚna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

LadyKulvax's Avatar


LadyKulvax
03.17.2013 , 07:35 AM | #547
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Of course, from my understanding, Nihilus' forces revealed themselves to divide the planet into civil war, which, either way, would split the military in two so Nihilus could easily surround the planet himself.... Then devour them...
A smaller piece to a larger plan, blinding an entire sector to his movements, smart Sith tactics indeed.
I am the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order. I've struck you down once already. Today, I'm finishing the job.
Jedi Order

Warren-Stride's Avatar


Warren-Stride
03.17.2013 , 07:40 AM | #548
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Now that G0-T0 is desperate and his options are rapidly dwindling, offer him bait that he'll have no choice but to snap up. Capture Bao-Dur, who will be vital to reactivating the MSG* and likely in 'protective custody' on one of G0-T0's exchange bases on Nar Shaddaa. In raiding all these bases Traya will be in the position to capture him, and also possess knowledge of him and his purpose from Loppak Slusk on Telos IV, who would no doubt have been instrumental in capturing him in the first place. So Traya will load him up onto a ship and fly him of planet to a waiting Interdictor. G0-T0 will have no choice but to intercept and recapture Bao-Dur. However this will be his doom as the ship will be filled with stealthed assassins who will kill G0-T0 has soon as they get on board.

*Bao-Dur isn't going to tell G0-T0 how to reactivate the MSG, he'll keep that information to himself for fear the Exchange might kill him once they've got it. The orders will be programmed into his remote, and only be activateable by him.
Where did THAT come from?

Why would G0-T0 leave Bao-Dur in a Telos base? If what you say is true* and Bao-Dur will not tell the Exchange anything because he wants to activate it himself, wouldn't G0-T0 move him to the location of his invasion force? And since most of his forces are HK droids, wouldn't it be smart for him to move Bao-Dur to the factory? The HK droids are really good at tracking people down. They'll most likely be the ones to find him and then bring him back to their bunker for safekeeping. Traya won't know about the bunker until the invasion force of droids being assembled there makes their strike on Malachor V.

Why would Loppak Slusk tell Traya that.... G0-T0's the one that put Slusk in a place of power, there's no reason for him to talk to the enemy. And although G0-T0 might tell him to be on the look out for Bao-Dur, that doesn't mean Sluck will actually find him and/or know where he is.

If G0-T0's bases are already being destroyed by Traya, obviously he'll know about the assassins. He'll know they stealth and he'll know they're deadly. He's not about to risk exposing himself to them personally. The HK factory does have a ship the HKs can fly out and intercept, if they really need to. But G0-T0 would never risk his own skin. Even if he would, he has stealth as well. If the re-capturing goes wrong, he could just sneak onto the assassin's ship and make his escape that way.

*Bao-Dur isn't immune to torture.... or threats of, say, destroying all he's worked for on Telos.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

LadyKulvax's Avatar


LadyKulvax
03.17.2013 , 07:42 AM | #549
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
*snip*
Are you forgetting how useless the stealth tech that G0-T0 uses is?
I am the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order. I've struck you down once already. Today, I'm finishing the job.
Jedi Order

Warren-Stride's Avatar


Warren-Stride
03.17.2013 , 07:46 AM | #550
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
Are you forgetting how useless the stealth tech that G0-T0 uses is?
Sith forces in KotOR II fell for technological stealth generators the same as everyone else. And there's no reason for Traya to spontaneously teach everyone how to sense them if she doesn't even know G0-T0 will be using it. Which she won't, until he strikes.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?