Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Tournament Finals - Traya vs G0-T0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Tournament Finals - Traya vs G0-T0

Warren-Stride
03.15.2013 , 09:10 AM | #501
Quote: Originally Posted by Ventessel View Post
And even if the HK were present, how would it "play the hero" ? By firing wantonly and killing the Exchange boss and maybe one or two assassins before being destroyed?
I meant it would kill the assassins. It IS an assassin droid, although they're plenty happy to commit mass killings, their aim isn't exactly lacking.

And the HK can obviously use other methods than a blaster to kill a traitor (or soon to be traitor) including gas. We've seen them use it before to kill unsuspecting victims.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

Ventessel
03.15.2013 , 09:56 AM | #502
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
I meant it would kill the assassins. It IS an assassin droid, although they're plenty happy to commit mass killings, their aim isn't exactly lacking.

And the HK can obviously use other methods than a blaster to kill a traitor (or soon to be traitor) including gas. We've seen them use it before to kill unsuspecting victims.
I'm not saying it couldn't kill the boss, or an assassin or two if they were in the room. However, reconnaissance will reveal the presence of the HK droids, so they will be sacrificing the initiative.
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell

Beniboybling
03.15.2013 , 12:32 PM | #503
But unless someone has an example of when these Sith Assassins have actually done anything, they'll remain just a myth. G0-T0 can easily claim that any death caused by the Sith Assassins was actually just him eliminating someone who joined Traya's side. Traya isn't exactly a propanganda machine. G0-T0 knows how to rule a crime syndicate.
This, I'm afraid, will either backfire or simply fail. Allow me to explain.

Traya raids every other Exchange base on Nar Shaddaa and as far as the Exchange are aware, slaughters everybody inside indiscriminately. This includes Ubese assassins, Jekk'Jekk Tarr patrons, smugglers & bounty hunters, generic Exchange mercenaries etc. G0-T0 then announces that he was responsible, claiming they betrayed the Exchange to G0-T0. There are two possible outcomes of this:

1. Backfire: everyone thinks G0-T0 has gone completely insane with paranoia, as he has just wiped out a majority of his own men, to avoid sharing the same fate they jump ship and get and far away from Nar Shaddaa as possible.

2. Fail: everyone sees through G0-T0's obvious attempt to pin the acts of the Sith on G0-T0, anyone investigating the scene might notice the lightsaber/force pike marks on bodies and walls, or simply notice the place has been converted into a Sith base. Realizing fighting the Sith is tantamount to suicide, they jump ship and get as far away from Nar Shaddaa as possible.

Either way, the outcome is the remaining Exchange members flee Nar Shaddaa and get as far away from G0-T0 and the Sith as possible, hoping they'll be safe from harm.

However, Warren's point about HK's disguising themselves as protocol droids is a good one. However it depends of G0-T0 expecting Traya to attempt to convert his powerbase. But what we should be considering is how much use Traya can actually get out of having someone like Visquis as her pawn. Let's remember G0-T0 has an extensive intelligence network and no doubt has spies all over his bases. He'll know if his underlings betray him, which eliminates the possibility of Traya using them to get to G0-T0. So what use will they be?

And expanding on a bombing run on Korriban: G0-T0 simply doesn't possess the capablities to pull this off effectively, and even if he did reduce the place to rubble Traya would likely survive. I mean just look at Darth Malgus...

So I propose a different course of action: invade the Academy, plant a powerful explosive device(s) inside and vaporise the place, as long as Traya doesn't escape she would die in the explosion. I suggest:

Baradium bombs: made from a highly explosive and volatile material used in thermal detonators, such a device was used during the Cold War by the Voss-Ka in an attempt to destroy the entire capital city of Voss-Ka. Highly illegal and common in the underworld. I assume it would be roughly half the size of a HK unit.

One of these would be enough the vaporize the entire Sith Academy. A cloaked HK unit might be able to smuggle one of these into the Academy amongst the battle and detonate it.

Warren-Stride
03.15.2013 , 12:56 PM | #504
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Traya raids every other Exchange base on Nar Shaddaa and as far as the Exchange are aware, slaughters everybody inside indiscriminately. This includes Ubese assassins, Jekk'Jekk Tarr patrons, smugglers & bounty hunters, generic Exchange mercenaries etc. G0-T0 then announces that he was responsible, claiming they betrayed the Exchange to G0-T0. There are two possible outcomes of this:
Well okay, I was saying that in responce to them being killed off one by one. Obviously if everyone died at the same time it wouldn't work.

But what we should be considering is how much use Traya can actually get out of having someone like Visquis as her pawn. So what use will they be?
This is what I meant when I said, "I understand the argument, I just don't understand the impact." If Traya does get these people to go against G0-T0, what damage can they do?

And expanding on a bombing run on Korriban: G0-T0 simply doesn't possess the capablities to pull this off effectively, and even if he did reduce the place to rubble Traya would likely survive. I mean just look at Darth Malgus...
This could still work. Actually, I was playing through Tatooine in SWTOR ealier today, and a Czerka guy does pretty much what I am suggesting. He says he has a ship 2 kilometers above this guy's house, and he's about to rain turbolasers on it and (here's the ironic part) "drop droids on your heads." G0-T0 could pretty much do the same thing. Erode what little structure the Academy has left while sending in HKs to finish the job, probably with the explosives you mention in this part...

So I propose a different course of action: invade the Academy, plant a powerful explosive device(s) inside and vaporise the place, as long as Traya doesn't escape she would die in the explosion. I suggest:

Baradium bombs: made from a highly explosive and volatile material used in thermal detonators, such a device was used during the Cold War by the Voss-Ka in an attempt to destroy the entire capital city of Voss-Ka. Highly illegal and common in the underworld. I assume it would be roughly half the size of a HK unit.

One of these would be enough the vaporize the entire Sith Academy. A cloaked HK unit might be able to smuggle one of these into the Academy amongst the battle and detonate it.
They wouldn't even really have to go inside the academy. I mean, sure, it would have a greater effect. But just landing on top of it and setting one of those off would probably do the trick. Or, that series of tunnels that we see run right next to/under the Academy, send HKs in there to kill the wildlife and then set the bomb off under the academy. You don't even have to make it inside.
~~ AiR ~~

Beniboybling
03.15.2013 , 01:02 PM | #505
[/color]This could still work. Actually, I was playing through Tatooine in SWTOR ealier today, and a Czerka guy does pretty much what I am suggesting. He says he has a ship 2 kilometers above this guy's house, and he's about to rain turbolasers on it and (here's the ironic part) "drop droids on your heads." G0-T0 could pretty much do the same thing. Erode what little structure the Academy has left while sending in HKs to finish the job, probably with the explosives you mention in this part...
Ah yes, the Smuggler storyline. Gotta love Czerka.

Now this could work, I mean look at it. Pretty flat, low roofed. Not much stone to tunnel through. G0-T0 could drop some transport pods from above and smash through the roof, making the invasion a lot easier, then just drop a bomb inside and BOOM!

GarfieldJL
03.15.2013 , 05:02 PM | #506
The Black Sun and the Exchange are entirely different organisations. Why? Because the Black Sun had fleets, as I'm sure Warren will inform you, whereas the Exchange did not. If Xizor had fleets, he must have had suppliers. This is why Xizor was able to buy himself additional fleets, because he had affiliations with shipbuilders whereas G0-T0 and the Exchange do not. Without affiliations to the combatants, these shipyards become regarded as 'prominent powers/outside help' which are excluded under the rules of the Kaggath. However concerning Traya, Nihilus was a member of the Triumvirate, so he fleets were also. And in this Kaggath, Traya commands the forces of the Triumvirate, she therefore commands the fleets. Hope this clears up the confusion.

If G0-T0 finds a way to deal with the fleet, then yes, a blockade is possible. But so far, he has not found a way to deal with the fleet.
Oh that's actually rather easy, G0-T0 uses a computer Virus that vents all the atmosphere on the ships. Then has HK units search the ships from stem to stern and shoot every organic on board in the head for good measure. I don't think it's likely that they can use stealth effectively while in space suits. He's a droid, it would be child's play for him to create a computer virus and piggyback the virus on a transmission in order to cause havoc in Traya's sith fleet.

Tada, G0-T0 now has some capital ships.

Beniboybling
03.16.2013 , 07:30 AM | #507
Quote: Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
Oh that's actually rather easy, G0-T0 uses a computer Virus that vents all the atmosphere on the ships. Then has HK units search the ships from stem to stern and shoot every organic on board in the head for good measure. I don't think it's likely that they can use stealth effectively while in space suits. He's a droid, it would be child's play for him to create a computer virus and piggyback the virus on a transmission in order to cause havoc in Traya's sith fleet.

Tada, G0-T0 now has some capital ships.
While downloading a computer virus onto Traya's ships would work, you can't 'piggyback' viruses on transmissions. It doesn't work like that and we have no evidence to suggest it does. Unless he can get to a transceiver or get inside the ship its not going to work. And this will be difficult given the fact G0-T0 only has one stealthed ship.

Its also based on the assumption that Traya will be relaying transmissions between her forces, and given the electromagnetic field surrounding Malachor V any forms of electronic communications would be impossible. Instead Traya would likely communicate with her forces telepathically as she did with the Exile and Atris, communications that would be impossible to detect.

P.S. Just because G0-T0 is a droid doesn't mean he is suddenly an expert concerning all fields of technology.

Beniboybling
03.16.2013 , 08:21 AM | #508
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: G0-T0 has the Exchange cell on Telos IV and all its assets in his powerbase.

Reason: it seems I overlooked the fact that Loppak Slusk worked for G0-T0 and was instructed by him to set up an Exchange cell on Telos IV - therefore this cell is a part of G0-T0's powerbase. That is all.

Warren-Stride
03.16.2013 , 08:49 AM | #509
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: G0-T0 has the Exchange cell on Telos IV and all its assets in his powerbase.

Reason: it seems I overlooked the fact that Loppak Slusk worked for G0-T0 and was instructed by him to set up an Exchange cell on Telos IV - therefore this cell is a part of G0-T0's powerbase. That is all.
Huh. Imagine that.

I'm assuming Luxa doesn't exist?
~~ AiR ~~

Warren-Stride
03.16.2013 , 08:57 AM | #510
P.S. Just because G0-T0 is a droid doesn't mean he is suddenly an expert concerning all fields of technology.
I know people are going to say this is unfair and all that, but it's kinda what droids do. G0-T0 is really advanced. Capable of free and complex thought, and innovative at that. He definately wasn't designed to have a holo-projector, or make a fake human persona for himself. But he put his mind to it and BAM! new ability.

Droids get upgrades all the time. He may not be an expert now, but it's in his nature to adapt (as we see through KotOR II). And as someone who specializes in droids, I'm sure he has the parts and tools nessesary to increase his technological abilities.

And if not, he does have other droids mentioned in G0-T0's droid army. I'm sure they're plenty well equipped to do most thing technological.
~~ AiR ~~