Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Kaggath Tournament Finals - Traya vs G0-T0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Tournament Finals - Traya vs G0-T0

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
02.23.2013 , 04:37 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
That wasn't exactly my point. By point more was that arguably the HKs have a very low chance of killing Traya even if they manage to track her down. Not that a series of unfortunate events may lead the attempt to swing in Traya's favour. But that chances of success are low.

And Aurbere, major flaw in your argument - how will the assassins find G0-T0? I highly doubt that in an all out war with a Sith Lord it will be 'business as usual' - most likely G0-T0 will make himself as undetectable as possible.
Ah ok.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Warren-Stride's Avatar


Warren-Stride
02.23.2013 , 06:23 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Two things we should consider though is that, if Traya knows that she cannot sense droids and that assassination is likely the method G0-T0 will use to kill her, will she even be at Malachor where G0-T0 would suspect her to be?
I'm a tad confused here, because I thought Traya doesn't know about G0-T0's powerbase, and therefor won't know about the HK units. This will turn them into G0-T0's secret weapon, seeing as she cannot sense them with the Force, cannot see them, cannot see their coming in the future, and won't even know of their skill until it's too late.

HK-50 droids were G0-T0's secret assassin force. He deployed them personally, meaning that few would know of their existance. Traya doesn't know they exist at the beginning of the Kaggath, and probably won't know G0-T0 has them in time for an attack to be avoided.

Besides, seeing as Malachor is Traya's source of power, a place she is drawn to, and the center of basically all of her powerbase, leaving it seems like a horrible idea if she's trying to avoid assassination. It leaves her open to assassination attempts by the Ubese and Zhug Brothers, as well as the Exchange.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
02.23.2013 , 06:36 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
I'm a tad confused here, because I thought Traya doesn't know about G0-T0's powerbase, and therefor won't know about the HK units. This will turn them into G0-T0's secret weapon, seeing as she cannot sense them with the Force, cannot see them, cannot see their coming in the future, and won't even know of their skill until it's too late.

HK-50 droids were G0-T0's secret assassin force. He deployed them personally, meaning that few would know of their existance. Traya doesn't know they exist at the beginning of the Kaggath, and probably won't know G0-T0 has them in time for an attack to be avoided.

Besides, seeing as Malachor is Traya's source of power, a place she is drawn to, and the center of basically all of her powerbase, leaving it seems like a horrible idea if she's trying to avoid assassination. It leaves her open to assassination attempts by the Ubese and Zhug Brothers, as well as the Exchange.
Yeah, I thought that too. I was thinking along the lines that Traya knows G0-T0 is a droid, and she knows anything biological would be corrupted on Malachor, so he may suspect droids. But its more that she would expect assasination, and would therefore seek to be where G0-T0 is not.

Even so, getting to the Trayus Core could be tricky. Unless the HK droids literally drop in from above... possible? With neural dampeners and stealth technology etc.?

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
02.24.2013 , 12:58 PM | #44
OK we have a strong scenario for G0-T0's victory, but here is a way in which Traya could win:

Fortify herself on Malachor V. G0-T0 will send his droids and Traya will destroy them, eventually she we learn the location of the HK factory on Telos and send Sith to destroy it. This will force G0-T0 to send less capable biological assassins to kill Traya, whom she will ensure all fail and die. When G0-T0 finally runs out of options he'll have no choice but to come to Malachor V himself, when he does Traya will be in a position to destroy him.

This argument however hinges on Traya being able to effectively counter everything in G0-T0s powerbase. But can she? Can she take whatever G0-T0 dishes out? I feel this is what needs to be discuss, how effective will G0-T0's myriad of assassins be against Traya.

P.S. Aurbere, don't feel the need to play neutrality - you can choose a side if you want to! I'm happy to carry that burden alone.

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
02.24.2013 , 01:02 PM | #45
Wait a second, doesn't Malachor make ships crash and everything? So how is G0-T0's droids or men gonna even survive landing on the planet without getting killed from the crash? I mean this isn't to say that they couldn't survive crashing into the planet, its just...they might lose a few droids/men.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Warren-Stride's Avatar


Warren-Stride
02.24.2013 , 01:22 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Wait a second, doesn't Malachor make ships crash and everything? So how is G0-T0's droids or men gonna even survive landing on the planet without getting killed from the crash? I mean this isn't to say that they couldn't survive crashing into the planet, its just...they might lose a few droids/men.
I don't really understand this, because Traya and her troops can obviously come and go at will.... right? If not, it also provides a hazard for her forces as well, effectively trapping them on Malachor. However, I don't think it'll be too much of an issue. The Ebon Hawk survived it, I think other ships would be able to as well. It just won't be a smooth landing.

(P.S. Atton is known for his crash-landings, so.... maybe with a droid pilot at the helm they won't even crash.)
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
02.24.2013 , 01:28 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
I don't really understand this, because Traya and her troops can obviously come and go at will.... right? If not, it also provides a hazard for her forces as well, effectively trapping them on Malachor. However, I don't think it'll be too much of an issue. The Ebon Hawk survived it, I think other ships would be able to as well. It just won't be a smooth landing.

(P.S. Atton is known for his crash-landings, so.... maybe with a droid pilot at the helm they won't even crash.)
Didn't the Ebon Hawk only survive because Kreia wanted the Exile to come? Though I think its more cause Traya and her troops are Force Sensitive, thus they can sort of negate themselves from crash landing. Or maybe the guys on Malachor really are stuck there lol and only got there, cause Traya allowed such.

/shrug

Just a thought.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
02.24.2013 , 01:29 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post

P.S. Aurbere, don't feel the need to play neutrality - you can choose a side if you want to! I'm happy to carry that burden alone.
I'm kinda on the fence for this one. It's not like other matches where the victor was clear (in my eyes). This match can truly swing either way, imo.

Personally, I think Traya's victory hinges on locating the HK factory. If she can destroy it, she makes herself unbeatable. Unless G0-T0 can procure droids as effective as the HKs. If not, then he has to send in inferior droids, as most organics would die or be corrupted.

Of course, G0-T0 could just activate the Mass Shadow Generator, but doesn't that require Remote?

Edit: Also, we haven't taken Traya's fleet and the gravity well generators into account. She could just go to Nar Shaddaa and trap G0-T0 there while her fighters search for his ship.
Added Chapter 44 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Canino's Avatar


Canino
02.24.2013 , 01:36 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I'm kinda on the fence for this one. It's not like other matches where the victor was clear (in my eyes). This match can truly swing either way, imo.

Personally, I think Traya's victory hinges on locating the HK factory. If she can destroy it, she makes herself unbeatable. Unless G0-T0 can procure droids as effective as the HKs. If not, then he has to send in inferior droids, as most organics would die or be corrupted.

Of course, G0-T0 could just activate the Mass Shadow Generator, but doesn't that require Remote?

Edit: Also, we haven't taken Traya's fleet and the gravity well generators into account. She could just go to Nar Shaddaa and trap G0-T0 there while her fighters search for his ship.
We also haven't taken in account the illegal mods G0-T0 is going to equip his ships with. I think it would be smart to assess a space battle, since neither combatants really* have a land army.

*We could argue that they do, but they don't have true "infantry".

I also admit defeat in my earlier attack on Traya assassins. But it should be noted they are at a disadvantage against G0-T0's droid assassins.
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
02.24.2013 , 01:51 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Of course, G0-T0 could just activate the Mass Shadow Generator, but doesn't that require Remote?
The Remote had the codes to access it, but with enough time and technical know how it could be sliced and activated that way. And I'm sure G0-T0 can procure some advanced slicer droids to do the job.

Concerning landing on Malachor, we have no evidence to suggest that Kreia guided the Hawk's descent. It could be that smaller ships that come to Malachor don't crash that often, or they do crash but are not destroyed. I'm sure G0-T0, if prepared, can plot a more steady descent (in my FanFic, I explained the to and froing of assassins from Malachor possible through use of special flight codes which plotted a course through the storms, pure speculation however.)

And fleets? What fleets? G0-T0 only has a yacht and possibly some freighters... I think ground forces are more important, and G0-T0 will have his factory locked down tight. So a ground battle is likely.

I'll leave are analysts (Aurbere and Wolf ) to consider that factor.