Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Kaggath Tournament Finals - Traya vs G0-T0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Tournament Finals - Traya vs G0-T0

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
02.23.2013 , 02:28 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Never said that they weren't Force Sensitives I did say they got stronger depending on what FS they were facing. :P
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Well being fair, the Sith Assassins were just those black wearing guys with the pikes. Only a small number of them were actually force sensitive and used lightsabers
Perhaps you didn't mean to say that.

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
02.23.2013 , 02:29 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Perhaps you didn't mean to say that.
I meant in the sense, that they could use a variety of force powers and use lightsabers. I probably should clarify on my posts now.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
02.23.2013 , 02:41 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
I meant in the sense, that they could use a variety of force powers and use lightsabers. I probably should clarify on my posts now.
Yeah I see what you mean now, very true. But then again, G0-T0s droids can't use the force at all can they? And Traya's assassins have be trained with 'assassination protocols'.

Canino's Avatar


Canino
02.23.2013 , 02:46 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Yeah I see what you mean now, very true. But then again, G0-T0s droids can't use the force at all can they? And Traya's assassins have be trained with 'assassination protocols'.
But her assassins will not be able to find any of the droids or see the future. Refer to my first post for details.

Anyway, I think G0-T0 would know where Traya would go. He is a genius and could calculate things instantly. And with the opponents knowing info about each other he would everything he needs to fill in "variables." I mean, this droid played economics for fun! He would know where Traya was, but she might, and slim chance, but might get away. But she can't hide forever.
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
02.23.2013 , 03:16 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Canino View Post
But her assassins will not be able to find any of the droids or see the future. Refer to my first post for details.

Anyway, I think G0-T0 would know where Traya would go. He is a genius and could calculate things instantly. And with the opponents knowing info about each other he would everything he needs to fill in "variables." I mean, this droid played economics for fun! He would know where Traya was, but she might, and slim chance, but might get away. But she can't hide forever.
Let's not forget that your basing that argument on the assumption that if G0-T0's droids get to her she is dead. Which is highly debatable.

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
02.23.2013 , 03:36 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Let's not forget that your basing that argument on the assumption that if G0-T0's droids get to her she is dead. Which is highly debatable.
Yep, you can plan everything out but there are some things you just have no control over in terms of events and what goes on.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Ventessel's Avatar


Ventessel
02.23.2013 , 03:42 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Canino View Post
But her assassins will not be able to find any of the droids or see the future. Refer to my first post for details.

Anyway, I think G0-T0 would know where Traya would go. He is a genius and could calculate things instantly. And with the opponents knowing info about each other he would everything he needs to fill in "variables." I mean, this droid played economics for fun! He would know where Traya was, but she might, and slim chance, but might get away. But she can't hide forever.
But Traya represents G0-T0's greatest weakness, his lack of understanding of Force Users. He had little information on her, and thus cannot predict or calculate her actions or location as easily as he could more conventional foes.

Also, the assassins will be able to find droids just fine. It's the droids who might have trouble with Force Cloaked Sith Assassins. What the assassins won't be able to do is track G0-T0 through the Force, since he's a droid.

This is an interesting matchup because neither of them (Traya or G0-T0) is well suited to fighting the other. Traya regards droids as clumsy and inferior, and G0-T0 cannot fathom or understand the motive of Force users.
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
02.23.2013 , 03:57 PM | #38
I think Traya's assassins could sneak aboard G0-T0's yacht just fine. I mean, if G0-T0 is still preying on shuttles above Nar Shaddaa, all they have to do is sneak aboard and use it as a decoy. Of course they won't kill anyone, as that would blow their cover, but they can sneak aboard using the ship as a decoy.

From there they could blow up the ship via self-destruct or carefully planted explosives. Or they could just destroy G0-T0.

That's one avenue that the battle could go, but there are flaws in this scenario. Will G0-T0 be going about business as usual? Can he take out Traya before the assassins get to him?
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
02.23.2013 , 04:23 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Yep, you can plan everything out but there are some things you just have no control over in terms of events and what goes on.
That wasn't exactly my point. By point more was that arguably the HKs have a very low chance of killing Traya even if they manage to track her down. Not that a series of unfortunate events may lead the attempt to swing in Traya's favour. But that chances of success are low.

And Aurbere, major flaw in your argument - how will the assassins find G0-T0? I highly doubt that in an all out war with a Sith Lord it will be 'business as usual' - most likely G0-T0 will make himself as undetectable as possible.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
02.23.2013 , 04:34 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post


And Aurbere, major flaw in your argument - how will the assassins find G0-T0? I highly doubt that in an all out war with a Sith Lord it will be 'business as usual' - most likely G0-T0 will make himself as undetectable as possible.
Which I pointed out. It was just a thought that I had, but I clearly argued against myself.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus