Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Tournament Finals - Traya vs G0-T0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Tournament Finals - Traya vs G0-T0

Ventessel
03.11.2013 , 03:31 PM | #291
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Cutting out Interdiction completely would help resolve this, however it would also remove any means of Traya knowing of an attack on Malachor V. Yes when the fleet arrives she could evacuate then, but even if the droids don't survive the MSG they will still be hooked up to G0-T0's central computer at all times, and probe droids will likely be deployed across and around the planet to ensure any escapes are detected.
Cutting out interdiction is a terrible idea. There are no benefits to ceding the airspace around Malachor whatsoever. In fact, it's not that necessary to even allow G0-T0 to destroy Malachor, it's just not the end of the world if he manages to. The evacuation is a contingency plan, nothing more.

However there is a single flaw

G0-T0 needs to be completely convinced that Traya is dead, else he won't resume usual business until he is absolutely sure she is dead. And Kaggath rules state that Traya cannot wait G0-T0 out. If G0-T0's ships are pulled out of hyperspace and manage to escape, G0-T0 will no doubt calculate the possibility of Traya deciding to leave the planet. He may not consider it a high possibility, but a possibility nonetheless.

So its not an entirely full-proof plan, and because of that the alternative has to be considered: what if G0-T0 gets wise to Traya's escape and tracks her to Korriban? You could implement Kulvak's strategy here... lose a series of battles and make it look like a complete defeat. Then go on the offense of implement the stealth plan above. There is major flaw with that plan however, its based on the assumption that G0-T0 will be hijacking freighters when he's in an all out war with Traya which had suddenly turned sour. And I expect he would have calculated the possibility of Traya having forces board and hijacked vehicle. To be sure he might just stick and decoy on his yacht and operate from elsewhere on the moon.
I don't mean to quote myself, but there's a very simple way to deal with G0-T0 once his forces have been devastated:

Once his assault fails, press hard. Send assassins to search Nar Shadaa for information on G0-T0, talk to other Exchange bosses and work to undermine him. Criminals will always betray each other, in fact almost every Exchange boss we meet in KotOR is trying to kill his boss and supplant him. Turn this against G0-T0 by making it clear that the Sith will support whoever betrays him first, and reveal that he's nothing more than a glorified administrative droid who's played them for fools and squandered his forces in a suicidal assault on Malachor V.

He has credits? Turn that against him as well. Spread the word that G0-T0 has plenty of money and the Sith will kill him and give the cash to whoever helped them find him.
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell

Beniboybling
03.11.2013 , 03:44 PM | #292
Quote: Originally Posted by Ventessel View Post
Once his assault fails, press hard. Send assassins to search Nar Shadaa for information on G0-T0, talk to other Exchange bosses and work to undermine him. Criminals will always betray each other, in fact almost every Exchange boss we meet in KotOR is trying to kill his boss and supplant him. Turn this against G0-T0 by making it clear that the Sith will support whoever betrays him first, and reveal that he's nothing more than a glorified administrative droid who's played them for fools and squandered his forces in a suicidal assault on Malachor V.

He has credits? Turn that against him as well. Spread the word that G0-T0 has plenty of money and the Sith will kill him and give the cash to whoever helped them find him.
Now I think about it, this plan could work. If Traya manages to tear down G0-T0's powerbase... well Kaggath rules will force him to attack wherever Traya is personally. Let's say that Malachor V, well his attack could succeed. Given that the HK droids would have been in contact with the Central Computer at all times, G0-T0 would know the exact location of Traya's interdiction fleet. And would be able to avoid it by dropping out of hyperspace outside the gravity well and far enough away to be picked up, and then navigate around the ships in real-space.

Upon reaching Malachor V Traya would have no knowledge of his presence. He could fire some pods down to the surface and travel with a few stealthed droids to initiate the reactivation sequence again. With Traya unprepared for such a move it could well succeed. And even if there are hiccups, G0-T0's decoy droids will protect him.

Ventessel
03.11.2013 , 03:52 PM | #293
Now I think about it, this plan could work. If Traya manages to tear down G0-T0's powerbase... well Kaggath rules will force him to attack wherever Traya is personally. Let's say that Malachor V, well his attack could succeed. Given that the HK droids would have been in contact with the Central Computer at all times, G0-T0 would know the exact location of Traya's interdiction fleet. And would be able to avoid it by dropping out of hyperspace outside the gravity well and far enough away to be picked up, and then navigate around the ships in real-space.

Upon reaching Malachor V Traya would have no knowledge of his presence. He could fire some pods down to the surface and travel with a few stealthed droids to initiate the reactivation sequence again. With Traya unprepared for such a move it could well succeed. And even if there are hiccups, G0-T0's decoy droids will protect him.
Did you read what I wrote?

After G0-T0's first assault (the bulk of his best troops) gets mauled on Malachor, Traya leaves Malachor and chills out somewhere else while her agents move on Nar Shaddaa and erode G0-T0's credibility and turn his Exchange lackeys against him.
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell

Beniboybling
03.11.2013 , 03:54 PM | #294
Did you read what I wrote?

After G0-T0's first assault (the bulk of his best troops) gets mauled on Malachor, Traya leaves Malachor and chills out somewhere else while her agents move on Nar Shaddaa and erode G0-T0's credibility and turn his Exchange lackeys against him.
You didn't mention this in your post, but whatever. Why would Traya leave though? To avoid another attack I suppose? She needs to draw G0-T0 out however, so maybe with that in mind she'll make Malachor V a trap.

Warren-Stride
03.11.2013 , 04:41 PM | #295
If there are any G0-T0 supporters still out there I'd ask them to critique this plan. I've anaylsed all the problems I can but there are likely more.
Firstly, I thought there was a clear "WINNER" banner that went up when the Kaggath was over, so the victor would know they really won. This was used to counter Xizor and his decoys, I think.

But Secondly, G0-T0 was not picking up random freighters. Remember, the Ebon Hawk had to get its signature changed to be snagged. Why? Because G0-T0 was capturing Vogga the Hutt's ships. Why? Because the Hutts are the Exchange's rivals. And I think there was something about him hurting the Republic too. And so, G0-T0 Won't picking up freighters even if things go back to normal, because Vogga doesn't exist. And, as everyone loves pointing out, the Hutts don't even exist. There would be no one for G0-T0 to hijack.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

Beniboybling
03.11.2013 , 04:50 PM | #296
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
Firstly, I thought there was a clear "WINNER" banner that went up when the Kaggath was over, so the victor would know they really won. This was used to counter Xizor and his decoys, I think.

But Secondly, G0-T0 was not picking up random freighters. Remember, the Ebon Hawk had to get its signature changed to be snagged. Why? Because G0-T0 was capturing Vogga the Hutt's ships. Why? Because the Hutts are the Exchange's rivals. And I think there was something about him hurting the Republic too. And so, G0-T0 Won't picking up freighters even if things go back to normal, because Vogga doesn't exist. And, as everyone loves pointing out, the Hutts don't even exist. There would be no one for G0-T0 to hijack.
Nope, no banner. This 'pretend to die' tactic has been used many a time and successfully, I think that's what won Xizor the Kaggath IIRC... But about freighters, your right. But I'd only partially disagree. Yes Vogga technically does not exist. But Vogga isn't an important factor here. The crux of it was, G0-T0 was stealing supplies to fund the Republic, Vogga was just a handy target. There are plenty of other freighters out there transporting valuable goods, so when G0-T0 thinks the Kaggath is over he'll just keep on stealing freighters - just not Vogga's.

However this makes it a lot harder for Traya to get some Sith onto G0-T0's yacht, as she has no real means of knowing which freighters G0-T0 will target.

LadyKulvax
03.11.2013 , 04:55 PM | #297
However this makes it a lot harder for Traya to get some Sith onto G0-T0's yacht, as she has no real means of knowing which freighters G0-T0 will target.
Fill a whole lot of them or easier, just find out what the ships he's hijacked before were carrying, which i'd think would be easy.
I am the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order. I've struck you down once already. Today, I'm finishing the job.
Jedi Order

Ventessel
03.11.2013 , 06:19 PM | #298
Or...
  • Make Malachor a fortified nightmare to attack, leaving just enough troops to make it costly to try activating the MSG. Sith Commandos dug in at the Academy and a small strike force to harass anyone trying to activate the MSG.
  • Keep the main fleet on interdiction duty, but send shuttles, innocuous transports that blend in with the unfathomable amount of traffic on Nar Shaddaa, etc. to bring assassins to Nar Shaddaa. They, and other agents of Traya, move among the Exchange sectors turning G0-T0's people against him (everyone on Nar Shaddaa was already plotting against him before Traya got involved, so uniting them and promising them all of his credits won't be hard).
  • Traya also plants hints that she might be on Korriban, and set up a small, well fortified position on the Academy there just to make G0-T0 question where she really is. If he decides to waste more troops attacking it, great. Bleed him dry there, and cut off anyone who lands by moving the interdiction fleet into orbit and bombarding them to pieces.

Basically, anywhere G0-T0 strikes, Traya turtles up and drains and his forces, making him look weak and incompetent to his Exchange cronies, who all want to kill him anyways and take his position. At the same time, make overtures to them so they know that the Sith will make it very lucrative for anyone who helps them find G0-T0.

Pretty soon, G0-T0 can't trust his own allies except for the droids. The Exchange finds out he's a droid and most of them will be angry that he deceived them (this is the nature of most people, they don't like being tricked, especially by a droid). So G0-T0 can keep building HK-50s, but it will get harder and harder to buy the supplies needed to keep the factory running, since there's basically a price on his head now, and that price is all of the credits he has.

Eventually, someone will trace a transmission to his droids, or intercept a signal, and one of two things will happen.

1. His yacht will be compromised by someone he thinks he can trust, and they'll bring a simple transmitter with them allowing the Sith to pinpoint G0-T0's yacht. Boom, game over.

2. The location of the HK factory will be discovered by one of G0-T0's suppliers, or the Sith will be able to trace his shipments there. Then it's a simple matter of bombarding it from orbit until it's hopelessly buried and he can't get his droids out of.

GarfieldJL
03.11.2013 , 06:56 PM | #299
Or...
  • Make Malachor a fortified nightmare to attack, leaving just enough troops to make it costly to try activating the MSG. Sith Commandos dug in at the Academy and a small strike force to harass anyone trying to activate the MSG.
  • Keep the main fleet on interdiction duty, but send shuttles, innocuous transports that blend in with the unfathomable amount of traffic on Nar Shaddaa, etc. to bring assassins to Nar Shaddaa. They, and other agents of Traya, move among the Exchange sectors turning G0-T0's people against him (everyone on Nar Shaddaa was already plotting against him before Traya got involved, so uniting them and promising them all of his credits won't be hard).
  • Traya also plants hints that she might be on Korriban, and set up a small, well fortified position on the Academy there just to make G0-T0 question where she really is. If he decides to waste more troops attacking it, great. Bleed him dry there, and cut off anyone who lands by moving the interdiction fleet into orbit and bombarding them to pieces.

Basically, anywhere G0-T0 strikes, Traya turtles up and drains and his forces, making him look weak and incompetent to his Exchange cronies, who all want to kill him anyways and take his position. At the same time, make overtures to them so they know that the Sith will make it very lucrative for anyone who helps them find G0-T0.

Pretty soon, G0-T0 can't trust his own allies except for the droids. The Exchange finds out he's a droid and most of them will be angry that he deceived them (this is the nature of most people, they don't like being tricked, especially by a droid). So G0-T0 can keep building HK-50s, but it will get harder and harder to buy the supplies needed to keep the factory running, since there's basically a price on his head now, and that price is all of the credits he has.

Eventually, someone will trace a transmission to his droids, or intercept a signal, and one of two things will happen.

1. His yacht will be compromised by someone he thinks he can trust, and they'll bring a simple transmitter with them allowing the Sith to pinpoint G0-T0's yacht. Boom, game over.

2. The location of the HK factory will be discovered by one of G0-T0's suppliers, or the Sith will be able to trace his shipments there. Then it's a simple matter of bombarding it from orbit until it's hopelessly buried and he can't get his droids out of.
Remember though Visquis was plotting against G0-T0, and that didn't exactly work out in Visquis's favor... I'm not sure how long that G0-T0 knew about the plot, probably a while, and he just found it amusing.

"Goto" would just place a very large bounty on Traya's head (probably where they have to haul in her head quite literally to collect), He doesn't have to specifically send forces to various locations after Malachor V, he could just turn the bounty hunters loose and wait till one of them gets lucky, or he has a chance to send some HK-50s to delete her.

If Traya fakes her own death, and then tries to undermine G0-T0, he's got an amazing intelligence network, and would probably figure out fairly quickly that Traya is still alive.

Traya can also run around screaming that "Goto" is a droid, and it would make her look like either a nut or incredibly weak because she's getting her behind kicked by a floating beach ball. At that point it would be like blood in the water and "Goto" wouldn't have to do anything, her own assassins would turn on her.

Warren-Stride
03.11.2013 , 06:56 PM | #300
Nope, no banner. This 'pretend to die' tactic has been used many a time and successfully, I think that's what won Xizor the Kaggath IIRC... But about freighters, your right. But I'd only partially disagree. Yes Vogga technically does not exist. But Vogga isn't an important factor here. The crux of it was, G0-T0 was stealing supplies to fund the Republic, Vogga was just a handy target. There are plenty of other freighters out there transporting valuable goods, so when G0-T0 thinks the Kaggath is over he'll just keep on stealing freighters - just not Vogga's.

Well there you go. The Republic doesn't exist, so he has no one to help. No more freighter jacking.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?