Kaggath Tournament Finals - Traya vs G0-T0

Beniboybling

“No game of dejarik can be won without pawns...”

Final Round: Darth Traya vs G0-T0

Welcome to the grand finale of the ‘Kaggath Tournament’. Over the past many weeks I’ve been in pitting the power bases of iconic Star Wars characters against each other in an epic tournament-style extravaganza – and after much debate a final two have been chosen: the most cunning, conniving, crafty individuals that this galaxy has to offer – (excluding Darth Sidious and Thrawn of course.)

For all those of you aren’t aware, the Kaggath is an ancient rite of the Sith, ‘one part duel, one part large-scale dejarik-match’. The two combatants have full use of their power bases, be it armies, strongholds or fleets, in order to outwit and outmanoeuvre their opponent. The Kaggath is no simple lightsaber duel, although it can come down to one, and the arena can be anywhere: a planet, star system or the entire galaxy.

Before we begin, let’s go over the ground rules a final time:

• The arena: the known galaxy.
  • No outside help of any kind, the combatants cannot call upon assets outside their power base, or other prominent powers. This excludes allies of the era i.e. Darth Sion & Nihilus, the Twin Suns, Hanharr.
  • No outside involvement, other powers will not and cannot interrupt or affect the battle, for the purpose of argument they are non-existent.
  • No surrender, fight to the death!
  • No superweapons, discounting the Mass Shadow Generator.*
  • Technology level is universal (unless considered archaic or advanced at the time): blaster fire, armouring, lightsabers etc. are all the same regardless of period, all that matters is size, quantity and power.
  • Use your imagination: obviously these powers existed in a different time frame but let’s just pretend.

So, the combatants. Darth Traya was a master manipulator, highly knowledgeable, skilled with a lightsaber and possessing immense power in the Force. And G0-T0 went from being a subservient planning droid to an epitome of cunning, logic and reason, using his cold and calculating persona to achieve unnoticed power and influence on a galactic stage.

Masquerading as an Exchange boss G0-T0 controlled his own planetary cell and a legion of elite HK-50 assassin droids and mercenary clans. While Traya possessed the scattered remnants of Darth Revan’s Sith Empire, including a legion of deadly assassins and Sith. Both combatants possess immense, yet invisible power in two very different realms, as well as a sharp and cunning mind. Yet who’s shadowy empire will claim dominance? Who will win?

Let the Kaggath Grand Finals begin!

Edited by Beniboybling

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*that’s right the Mass Shadow Generator is permitted in this battle, in order to make up for a disadvantage that as a non-force sensitive G0-T0 would have difficulty overcoming - and also taking into account that in a real Kaggath the Mass Shadow Generator would be very much operational.

"So it begins."- Theoden, King of Rohan

^Been waiting to use that.

Interesting choice to bring in the MSG.

Before I get into full debate mode, I will say that the HK-50 assassination scenario will not work. Not because of the Sith in the Trayus Academy, but because of Traya's technique in Force Cloak.

"So it begins."- Theoden, King of Rohan

^Been waiting to use that.

Interesting choice to bring in the MSG.

Before I get into full debate mode, I will say that the HK-50 assassination scenario will not work. Not because of the Sith in the Trayus Academy, but because of Traya's technique in Force Cloak.

Are you sure that after a hundred tries G0-T0 might not figure out a way for his Assassins to get around Force Cloak?

In general this battle has an interesting aspect:

Kreia can see shatterpoints in the galaxy, IIRC. G0-T0 also can see how the galaxy works much better than any human (for him galactic economics are a predictable game). So at the beginning, they might not actually fight each other, but fight through the galaxy. Traya tries to break it, G0-T0 tries to preserve it.

Not sure how this woultd end, though. I guess one of them will loose more resources in this game.

Welcome to the grand finale of the ‘Kaggath Tournament’. Over the past many weeks I’ve been in pitting the power bases of iconic Star Wars characters against each other in an epic tournament-style extravaganza – and after much debate a final two have been chosen: the most cunning, conniving, crafty individuals that this galaxy has to offer – (excluding Darth Sidious and Thrawn of course.)

What? :p I could have sworn Sidious was in an early Kaggath with Vitiate.......and he lost. <<

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Are you sure that after a hundred tries G0-T0 might not figure out a way for his Assassins to get around Force Cloak?

Can't really find a way around The Force. :p However, there may be a vision spectrum that would allow the HK's to see a cloaked Traya. However, I can't think of one. Thermal, maybe?

Traya is blind. She cannot sense the droids with the Force. A HK-50 assassination will work.

Note that HK-47's and T3's fates were unknown to Traya, she could not sense their future. Which means she will not be able to foresee a HK-50 attack. Nor will she be able to sense their presense, and they're assassin droids. They won't be giving anything away with sound, etc. She can't see them. She's blind in more ways than one.

Also, pre-cog "spidey-sense" works seconds before danger, not as it is approaching. So even if she force-cloaked, she'd already have blaster bolts flying at her from HKs she didn't even know were there.

Edited by Warren-Stride

I think I'll bring out the big guns now- Traya's assassins are useless. What? Let me explain.

Remember in KOTOR 2, when you first get off Peragus and ask Kreia who the assassins are? Well her answer is her own downfall. IIRC she states something along the lines of," Because you were cut of from the force the assassins were unable to track you or even find you." No one in G0-T0's power base that we know of is force sensitive, except Mira, so Traya's assassins are useless. Also, because of their ability to grow in strength with the force powers of their opponents, they would be literally bantha podo. Would this work? Well, in KOTOR 2, Kreia also states that that is why the Exile can defeat the assassins so easily- because of the fact that the exile is relearning the force, and so are the assassins.

We also know that the only reason the exile was even found was because of luck by an HK droid. In truth, this is a battle that Traya will be unable to use her assassins in. Because of the nature of her enemy, one of her greatest strengths is gone.

"Those sith assassins can sense their prey through the Force - it is like a hunger, they feed… and grow stronger… when they are near Force Sensitives. The stronger their prey is in the deadlier they became. As long as you were cut off from it, you were able to evade their sight. But after Peragus, I fear that you will be no longer shielded from their eyes or the eyes of their masters. The stronger you grow, the more will come."

-Kreia

G0-T0 has an answer for the Sith too.

HK-50s were made to be Jedi-killers, and were based off HK-47, who had countless force-sensitive kills. They're more than capable of taking down Sith.

But also, Myrkr.

1.) G0-T0 would know of this planet

Myrkr was discovered, or brought to center-stage, during the Mandalorian Wars, which happened extremely close to when G0-T0 was in power. With his vast knowledge of the underworld, galactic politics, and galactic history, he knows of it and what the planet holds. It would be a simple thing for him to aquire the animals of the planet, seeing as both were sold on the Black Market.

2.) Vornskr

These beast are vicious canines that hunt using the Force. They would probably be empowered by the Dark Side Nexus of Malachor and would be skilled at taking down Sith, as they travel in packs and specialize in ripping people to shreds (after paralyzing them with their tails).

3.) Ysalamir

These amazing reptiles mitigate force usage in the area surrounding them. No more lightning, no more force-leaps, nothing. The area expands while they're in groups, so if G0-T0 were to deploy a couple of these with each of his HK units, they'd be unstoppable. These ysalamir could also stop the effects of the Drak Side Nexus, allowing G0-T0 to land non-force sensitive troops on the planet.

Oh, btw, the Gand were mostly force-sensitive. So G0-T0 would have more than just HK-50s on Malachor. Not to mention the thousands of droids on Nar Shaddaa he controls.

Edited by Warren-Stride

I really question the validity of HK-47 and killing jedi, what proof is there? Sure he can be programmed to kill Jedi and would have knowledge of them, but has it ever been actually used lore wise? HK-50s never really impressed me either....

That isn't to say, they couldn't kill Jedi...but the evidence is sorely lacking, 47 or 50s never really shown anything remarkable that IG-88 or an IG series assassin droid couldn't do if not better. Unless of course, I could be swayed if the evidence is presented and by evidence I mean a showing somewhere in a cutscene,book, comic, etc.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I really question the validity of HK-47 and killing jedi, what proof is there? I could be swayed if the evidence is presented and by evidence I mean a showing somewhere in a cutscene,book, comic, etc.

Well, there's this convo,(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPeI4mX8Nuswhere) HK-47 tells you exactly how he kills Jedi, and the most effective way to do it. He sounds like he's done it quite a few times.

We also know the relative strength of the HK-50s by looking at HK-51s in SWTOR. It could be argued that HK-47 did take on two sith and two skilled blastermen and (though he lost) put up quite a fight, based on the Flashpoints.

Well, there's this convo,(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPeI4mX8Nuswhere) HK-47 tells you exactly how he kills Jedi, and the most effective way to do it. He sounds like he's done it quite a few times.

We also know the relative strength of the HK-50s by looking at HK-51s in SWTOR. It could be argued that HK-47 did take on two sith and two skilled blastermen and (though he lost) put up quite a fight, based on the Flashpoints.

The convo doesn't really say much, again he was programmed to be an assassin jedi killer droid so he would have knowledge of tactics in how to take out a jedi. Saying something, and then executing it are two very different things given all of the variables that can happen between the time the assassin reaches the target to the time the attack is made.

While right, but there is some difference between a 50 and 51. Though your right 47 did do that, based on the Flashpoints(of course we really don't know how it went down since the fight is really gameplay, were probably gonna have to wait.) Am I saying an HK-47 or 50 or 51 couldn't take out a Jedi or Sith?....No, but so far their track record has been less then stellar.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

...executing it are two very different things given all of the variables that can happen between the time the assassin reaches the target to the time the attack is made.

...so far their track record has been less then stellar.

Both could be said about Traya's assassins. Her Sith and Powerbase also leave something to be desired it seems.

Traya is blind. She cannot sense the droids with the Force. A HK-50 assassination will work.

Note that HK-47's and T3's fates were unknown to Traya, she could not sense their future. Which means she will not be able to foresee a HK-50 attack. Nor will she be able to sense their presense, and they're assassin droids. They won't be giving anything away with sound, etc. She can't see them. She's blind in more ways than one.

Also, pre-cog "spidey-sense" works seconds before danger, not as it is approaching. So even if she force-cloaked, she'd already have blaster bolts flying at her from HKs she didn't even know were there.

Traya had expressed a disdain for droids on several occasions to the Jedi Exile. I don't think she will be taking GOTO seriously enough in this encounter.

(Unless she is unaware that he is a droid... the Kaggath only states that they are aware of each other, not that they know each other's secrets. GOTO was quite protective of his actual identity, masquerading as a human Exchange member)

Traya's underestimation of droids, coupled with her inability to see would certainly make her vulnerable to assassination by HK-50 Units, but not necessarily easy prey. Remember, she is still surrounded by Sith Assassins in her Academy on Malachor V, and so reaching her would be difficult without raising an alarm. It's more likely that the HK-50 units would kill her sometime during the war, while she was on the move and had fewer layers of security for them to penetrate.

The other variable to consider is whether GOTO can reactivate the Mass Shadow Generator on his own. It seemed that it was only with Bao-Dur's programming that the remote was able to prepare the weapon to be fired again. It might require significant efforts to trigger the MSG, both in the research phase and the physical arming of the weapon. This could alert Darth Traya that something was afoot and give her time to evacuate her stronghold on Malachor V.

Now, what are GOTO's vulnerabilities? His yacht is an easy target if decloaked, and he himself possesses very little in the way of combat abilities. His reliance on droids can backfire if those droids are reprogrammed or sabotaged, and due to his obsession with holograms and inability to meet anyone in person, it could be possible to spread misinformation among his allies and minions by transmitting false messages from him or otherwise impersonating GOTO (or a droid acting under his orders, as we see with T3M4 infiltrating the warehouse on Nar Shadaa).

The question is, what would the best opening moves be for each side?

G0-T0 has an answer for the Sith too.

But also, Myrkr.

1.) G0-T0 would know of this planet

Myrkr was discovered, or brought to center-stage, during the Mandalorian Wars, which happened extremely close to when G0-T0 was in power. With his vast knowledge of the underworld, galactic politics, and galactic history, he knows of it and what the planet holds. It would be a simple thing for him to aquire the animals of the planet, seeing as both were sold on the Black Market.

2.) Vornskr

These beast are vicious canines that hunt using the Force. They would probably be empowered by the Dark Side Nexus of Malachor and would be skilled at taking down Sith, as they travel in packs and specialize in ripping people to shreds (after paralyzing them with their tails).

3.) Ysalamir

These amazing reptiles mitigate force usage in the area surrounding them. No more lightning, no more force-leaps, nothing. The area expands while they're in groups, so if G0-T0 were to deploy a couple of these with each of his HK units, they'd be unstoppable. These ysalamir could also stop the effects of the Drak Side Nexus, allowing G0-T0 to land non-force sensitive troops on the planet.

I cropped your quote a little, since the part I want to address is the Ysalamir. While they are known of, it was not possible to successfully separate them from the trees which they grew/lived on without knowledge of certain methods for doing so. These methods were only developed in the period after the fall of the Galactic Empire, sometime during the Thrawn Campaigns, or a little earlier.

The other creatures, and particularly the more vicious specimens of Dxun and Onderon, are all viable candidates for weapons... although remember that the Sith are the ones with beastmasters capable of taming many of these dangerous creatures through the Force. I certainly wouldn't want a http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Zakkeg running wild on my ship...

(Unless she is unaware that he is a droid... the Kaggath only states that they are aware of each other, not that they know each other's secrets. GOTO was quite protective of his actual identity, masquerading as a human Exchange member)

Now, what are GOTO's vulnerabilities? He himself possesses very little in the way of combat abilities.

His reliance on droids can backfire...

The question is, what would the best opening moves be for each side?

Unfortunately, for what reason I still do not fully understand, each and every Kaggath player knows that G0-T0 is adroid, as per K-canon. No idea why, it just.... is.

G0-T0 is actually very skilled in combat. In KOTOR 2 he was my favorite companion (Surprise, right?) because of his extensive use of stealth, his ability to corrupt the droids of others, and his skill with demolitions and blaster pistols. G0-T0's stealth will allow him to avoid detection (for sure from Sith Assassins and Traya) and allow him to ambush other forces. G0-T0 can handle himself.

I don't think G0-T0 will be loosing control of his droids anytime soon. His yacht is the droid control ship, so I'm not even sure if it's possible to hack them while they're under its command. Also, G0-T0 was known for his hacking of droids, he's an expert of it, even able to corrupt them in person. I doubt Traya will have a better slicer than G0-T0. Actually, we have no idea if Traya uses such things as cyber-warfare, and if she does, it's probably safe to assume that her hackers/slicers are sub-par to G0-T0 and his securities.

I think the openning move for G0-T0 would be..... well, okay, realistically, it would be to gather his forces. Move his HK-50s, buy some Vornskr, gather the Gand nest, etc. But the action starts when G0-T0 invades Malachor. You're right, Traya will underestimate G0-T0, she did in KOTOR 2. Thus making G0-T0 the aggressor, seeing as Traya probably assumes she is safe on her mega-fortress.

While they are known of, it was not possible to successfully separate them from the trees which they grew/lived on without knowledge of certain methods for doing so. These methods were only developed in the period after the fall of the Galactic Empire, sometime during the Thrawn Campaigns, or a little earlier.

While this is true, and I don't know the details, wouldn't it be possible for G0-T0 to find this solution as well? If he actually took a vested interest in the lizards, couldn't he develop a way to get them off? Is what Thrawn did super-special, and unable to be replicated by anyone else?

In fact, Thrawn was not the first one to do it, a group of smugglers found the way to remove it. So it stands to reason that G0-T0 could still aquire these things, seeing as he's (probably) more skilled and knowlegable than the smugglers that figured it out. Maybe send his Zhug Brothers to gather them?

Remember, she is still surrounded by Sith Assassins in her Academy on Malachor V, and so reaching her would be difficult without raising an alarm.

No, it would actually be the easiest thing they can do, because of how the assassins are completely and utterly useless against G0-T0 and his army.

Unfortunately, for what reason I still do not fully understand, each and every Kaggath player knows that G0-T0 is adroid, as per K-canon. No idea why, it just.... is.
You do know why, because every time someone brings it up I explain it to them, as I shall do so now:

As per Kaggath rules the combatants know the identity of their opponents, G0-T0's identity is that of a rogue infrastructure planning system and crime boss of the Exchange - not his alias, Goto. Much like Darth Traya's identity is that of a Sith Lord, not a old woman called Kreia. And Darth Plagueis' the same, not Hego Damask.

You and others make an excellent point about Traya not being able to sense droids however, I hadn't considered that. But for some clarification on Force sense, it usually occurs at least 5 seconds before the danger reveals itself - which would probably be ample time for Traya to draw her lightsaber and deflect an incoming attack.

Also concerning Vornskr, if a Sith can be defeated by a pack of hounds then they don't deserve the title 'Sith'. However what they will be very effective against is stealth, the Vornskr hunt using the Force and can sense Force sensitives, so stealth attacks would be rendered useless. Having a few of these 'guarding' G0-T0 would be a powerful defensive measure.

Two things we should consider though is that, if Traya knows that she cannot sense droids and that assassination is likely the method G0-T0 will use to kill her, will she even be at Malachor where G0-T0 would suspect her to be?

I really think we are underestimating the utility of Traya's assassins. Sure they aren't as effective against non-Force users as they are against Jedi, but that does not automatically void them from this battle. They are still effective. They can still 'backstab' people or infiltrate areas. In fact, I think they could get on G0-T0's ship. Provided that he is still preying on shuttles around Nar Shaddaa.

I really think we are underestimating the utility of Traya's assassins. Sure they aren't as effective against non-Force users as they are against Jedi, but that does not automatically void them from this battle. They are still effective. They can still 'backstab' people or infiltrate areas. In fact, I think they could get on G0-T0's ship. Provided that he is still preying on shuttles around Nar Shaddaa.

I don't see them finding the ship. If they can't find an organic who has no force connection- how can they find something with absolutely no force energy? Even if they do find the ship- they would be annihilated. These assassins rely on a force ability that makes them stronger when their opponent is stronger in the force, and vice versa. With an opponent who has no force abilities they would be destroyed. Literally.

And to Beni- your right- Traya will most definitely not be on Malachor V. With the MSG and barely any defense* she would be severely out matched there. But if she leaves she loses her Dark Side Nexus and some power. Would she take the risk? Yes- but where would she go? Does she have Dxun?

* Assassins being incapable of winning.

Edited by Canino