Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Tournament Finals - Traya vs G0-T0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Tournament Finals - Traya vs G0-T0

Aurbere
03.05.2013 , 05:27 PM | #191
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
Let's keep Traya in-character for a minute here.

*Cough* "Remember that this is Darth Traya...." *Cough*

Traya is not one for bombing planets. In fact, from what we have seen, Traya never even used her fleet. She's much more likely to use shadow tactics. She does not just send troops and fleets to crush her enemies. That's not the game she plays. Reducing Traya to a warmonger who blows stuff up because she can is insulting to her character. In fact, Traya would probably neither send her forces to Nar Shaddaa OR Telos, at least not in bulk as others have suggested. She's a manipulator. She works at an angle, not full-on "KILL EVERTHNG!"
Isn't Traya the kind of person to use the tools she has to the best of their ability? It would be unwise to simply ignore her obvious space advantage.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Canino
03.05.2013 , 05:35 PM | #192
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
Her endgame was: come and face me or I kill the galaxy.

Also, why the hell wouldn't she make a FAR more resounding and larger wound in the force by killing Nar Shaadha (Probably Nal Hutta as well given the proximity) and everyone/thing on it, which is a hell of a lot of people.

A wound that big would be gargantuan, the super massive version of Malachor V.

So again I ask you: why wouldn't she? she kills her opponent and does massive damage to the force whilst she's at it.
Because it would be the biggest mistake of her life. That would most definitively drive EVERY SINGLE UNDERWORLD PERSON IN THE GALAXY to kill her. It only takes one holo from G0-T0 to the Hutts, then it's game over. Smugglers will come. BH will come. Why? Because it is their lively hood. Check out the Battle of Nar Shaddaa. Smugglers beat the Empire. It can be done, and it will be done. She would lose, no question.
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

LadyKulvax
03.05.2013 , 05:37 PM | #193
Quote: Originally Posted by Canino View Post
Because it would be the biggest mistake of her life. That would most definitively drive EVERY SINGLE UNDERWORLD PERSON IN THE GALAXY to kill her. It only takes one holo from G0-T0 to the Hutts, then it's game over. Smugglers will come. BH will come. Why? Because it is their lively hood. Check out the Battle of Nar Shaddaa. Smugglers beat the Empire. It can be done, and it will be done. She would lose, no question.
This is an instantaneous trap, she drops out of hyperspace, blockades the planet(which means no communications), plants the MSG, detonates it, G0-T0 dies, Kaggath won.

EDIT: and given the fact she is blockading it, the post-MSG fallout won't matter, no one is left alive who knows who did it.
I am the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order. I've struck you down once already. Today, I'm finishing the job.
Jedi Order

Canino
03.05.2013 , 05:42 PM | #194
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
True, however in the case of the HKs, the destruction of the HK factory in conjunction with a failed assault on Malachor will result in heavy losses concerning HK units. Losses he will not be able to replace because he no longer possesses the means. Granted he has possible hundreds scattered across the galaxy, but destroying the factory merely gives Traya a means to destroy them all.

Let's also remember that once he loses an entire nest of Gand and a legion of Ubese assassins to Traya's mysterious stealth forces, other mercenaries are not going to be eager to join his cause. Not matter how high the paycheck, after all you can't spend credits if your dead. Those original Gand and Ubese already in G0-T0's service will possess a greater depth of loyally, but once they are dead the same cannot be said for others. After all how many beings in the galaxy want to invade a planet like Malachor V? Very few.

The same applies if Traya begins a war with the Exchange, if Traya raids his bases across Nar Shaddaa not only will he powerbase be crippled, but few will be willing to rally to his cause and make enemies of the Sith.

P.S. You make good points about Traya's personality but you cannot manipulate that to say that Traya will do nothing and just wait for G0-T0 to come. She's highly intelligent and will do whatever it takes to win. Granted if she does launch any kind of invasion it will be a stealthed one, but that will only make it more deadly. If she does use the MSG she will do so stealthily, and without G0-T0 knowing until it is far too late.
Why would Traya waste all this time raiding store rooms and destroying mercenaries? This only gives G0-T0 more time to assassinate her, as less of her assassins will be there to guard her. And assassins come in many forms. Mercenaries are stupid, and will take most pay checks that come their way. And if this is truly a shadow game, wouldn't they not notice the deaths But seriously, most mercenaries will take the jobs. And G0-T0 isn't like most combatants. His army is droids, things that can be purchased and repaired. His army isn't just simple droids, they have weaponry. Blasters and flamethrowers were actually quite common for G0-T0, as he was hunting for Sith. He understands how to kill them. And droids can be repaired and salvaged. Updated even. You should not get rid of his army so quickly.
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

Canino
03.05.2013 , 05:45 PM | #195
This is an instantaneous trap, she drops out of hyperspace, blockades the planet(which means no communications), plants the MSG, detonates it, G0-T0 dies, Kaggath won.

EDIT: and given the fact she is blockading it, the post-MSG fallout won't matter, no one is left alive who knows who did it.
So she wastes time trying to move the MSG, and G0-T0 never finds out? That seems wrong, considering he would send scouts to investigate it during assassination attempts. And would she kill herself doing this? If she stays on Malachor, that gives G0-T0 and even hire chance of assassination success, as her entire would be needed for the blockade. By blockading, the smugglers would attack.
---------

Warren-Stride
03.05.2013 , 05:46 PM | #196
True, however in the case of the HKs, the destruction of the HK factory in conjunction with a failed assault on Malachor...

Which means that both situations would have to fall in Traya's favor for there to be any actual impact to this argument. And as we have debated, the likely hood of her winning one, most certainly both, is slim.

Let's also remember that once he loses an entire nest of Gand and a legion of Ubese assassins to Traya's mysterious stealth forces, other mercenaries are not going to be eager to join his cause. Not matter how high the paycheck, after all you can't spend credits if your dead.

Well firstly, there's a little thing called revenge. Ubese are like, the masters of it. If Sith massacre their people, they'll be back. With more and more numbers. They already hate force users.

Also, you make out every underworld person to be a coward. This is not true. At all. Look at the bounty hunters working for the Sith Empire in SWTOR. The smugglers, even. I am not talking about Captain Jar Jar. The underworld is a cut throat place. If Gand/Ubese die? "Ha! Well I'm better and now the price is higher!" That's what the underworld people I am talking about would say. Not those Refugees from the Refugee Sector. More like the trandoshans of the Red Eclipse.

Remember that G0-T0 can raise the price on Traya's head as high as he wants, seeing as he doesn't have to pay it.

P.S. You make good points about Traya's personality but you cannot manipulate that to say that Traya will do nothing and just wait for G0-T0 to come. She's highly intelligent and will do whatever it takes to win. Granted if she does launch any kind of invasion it will be a stealthed one, but that will only make it more deadly. If she does use the MSG she will do so stealthily, and without G0-T0 knowing until it is far too late.
Is this MSG argument being taken into account? Because.... what? The logic is flawed. Where would she get such a crazy idea in the first place?
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

LadyKulvax
03.05.2013 , 05:49 PM | #197
Quote: Originally Posted by Canino View Post
So she wastes time trying to move the MSG, and G0-T0 never finds out? That seems wrong, considering he would send scouts to investigate it during assassination attempts. And would she kill herself doing this? If she stays on Malachor, that gives G0-T0 and even hire chance of assassination success, as her entire would be needed for the blockade. By blockading, the smugglers would attack.
How exactly is G0-T0 'investigating' Malachor V? this is a ship graveyard.

Also, Interdictor vessels led by the Ravager will easily handle anything the criminal cartels can throw at them, like I said, this is one quick and devastating trap.

Thirdly, exactly why is Traya glued to Malachor V? she can move around freely, she can quite easily lead the blockade from the Ravager.
I am the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order. I've struck you down once already. Today, I'm finishing the job.
Jedi Order

Warren-Stride
03.05.2013 , 05:52 PM | #198
How exactly is G0-T0 'investigating' Malachor V? this is a ship graveyard..
G0-T0 has plenty of probe droids he would immediately send to investigate Malachor. If Traya is doing stuff outiside the academy, odds are G0-T0 will know about it.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

Canino
03.05.2013 , 05:54 PM | #199
How exactly is G0-T0 'investigating' Malachor V? this is a ship graveyard.

Also, Interdictor vessels led by the Ravager will easily handle anything the criminal cartels can throw at them, like I said, this is one quick and devastating trap.

Thirdly, exactly why is Traya glued to Malachor V? she can move around freely, she can quite easily lead the blockade from the Ravager.
Well, a ship graveyard to only on contestant? If Traya can move around freely, G0-T0 can as well. And we have established that with small ship, G0-T0 could easily land on Malachor. If Traya leads the invasion, she would most likely dies when the MSG goes off. If G0-T0 dies from it, on a different ship, than Traya who may or may not be on the same ship, will also die.
---------

LadyKulvax
03.05.2013 , 05:55 PM | #200
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
Is this MSG argument being taken into account? Because.... what? The logic is flawed. Where would she get such a crazy idea in the first place?
A Sith Lord who wants to kill the force is presented a way to kill her opponent, win the Kaggath and devastate the galaxy, not just one sector of space and you think she wouldn't do it because, simply put, it's not her style?

The damage Malachor V did was immense to the galaxy, the damage a Nar Shaada sized wound in the force could deal is enormous.

Remember, she used the Exile to destroy the force, that was her plan, use the Exile's strong ability to create connections, spread it to many people across her journey, then kill herself or the Exile to finish the job, it would've devastated the galaxy itself.

I think taking out the Smuggler's moon and decent-sized chunk of Nal Hutta is well within her thoughts.
Jedi Order