Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Tournament Finals - Traya vs G0-T0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Tournament Finals - Traya vs G0-T0

Beniboybling
03.01.2013 , 06:26 PM | #141
There is one problem with the HK stealth attack however. Force sight.

Despite what everyone says about Traya being 'blind' she can actually see far more and far better than any normal human being. In fact she can see through walls, in the dark, and percieve a person's alignment (this probably wouldn't work on a droid though.) And I think its safe to say she can see droids through Force sight, given that she can see T3, droid attackers etc. This would also nullify the effects of stealth as they were not designed to counter the Force.

Ventessel
03.01.2013 , 06:31 PM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
The Exile went through the Academy because she had to.

Remember that the Ebon Hawk seemed to have no trouble not only finding it, but also flying down into it. Heck, G0-T0 could fly his yacht down to blast Traya to peices. (That was a hyberbole. But now that I think about it...)

Also, G0-T0 has plenty of sensor droids that could remain undetected. I'm sure he'd send them ahead to scout the place out.

Perhaps the Ebon Hawk was homing in on the Exile's position? That would make sense, since I don't see another way that the Trayus Core would be located. It's hardly in an obvious position.

Also, G0-T0 would have considerable difficulty getting onto Malachor without crashing, losing communications, etc. The planet is decidedly unstable.
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell

Warren-Stride
03.01.2013 , 06:41 PM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
There is one problem with the HK stealth attack however. Force sight.

Despite what everyone says about Traya being 'blind' she can actually see far more and far better than any normal human being. In fact she can see through walls, in the dark, and percieve a person's alignment (this probably wouldn't work on a droid though.) And I think its safe to say she can see droids through Force sight, given that she can see T3, droid attackers etc. This would also nullify the effects of stealth as they were not designed to counter the Force.
The HK attack presented never included stealth.

Even if she can see droids through Force Sight, they don't stand out. In KotOR, we can see that when using Force Sight living things are highlighted blue/red/grey depending on alignment. While droids are the same dull grey as the rest of the surroundings. So although Traya may be able to see the HKs, they'd still be blended into the background. Add to that the fact that she's used to sensing people before they're close, she'll probably be meditating, and that the HKs have the elemnt of surprise, they would still get the drop on Traya.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

Warren-Stride
03.01.2013 , 06:46 PM | #144
Quote: Originally Posted by Ventessel View Post
Perhaps the Ebon Hawk was homing in on the Exile's position? That would make sense, since I don't see another way that the Trayus Core would be located. It's hardly in an obvious position.

Also, G0-T0 would have considerable difficulty getting onto Malachor without crashing, losing communications, etc. The planet is decidedly unstable.
To my knowledge, the Exile didn't carry a homing device. Obviously how the Ebon Hawk got there will be a mystery to us forever, but regardless, it was still able to find it. It IS a giant hole in the ground, heading straight to the center of the world. I'm sure any sensor could pick something like that up.

And true. But G0-T0's yacht was much larger than the Ebon Hawk. So it could be more stable and easier to fly.
~~ AiR ~~

Wolfninjajedi
03.01.2013 , 07:11 PM | #145
I don't think size really matters, being that warships and the like also crashed and burned onto the planet. Atton only seemed to do so, cause well....he is one BAMF Jedi scoundrel am pretty sure his heightened reflexes helped him out too with the whole.

Qui gon: "He can see things before they happen. That's why he appears to have such quick reflexes. It's a jedi trait."

bit.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Warren-Stride
03.01.2013 , 07:55 PM | #146
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
I don't think size really matters, being that warships and the like also crashed and burned onto the planet. Atton only seemed to do so, cause well....he is one BAMF Jedi scoundrel am pretty sure his heightened reflexes helped him out too with the whole.

Qui gon: "He can see things before they happen. That's why he appears to have such quick reflexes. It's a jedi trait."

bit.
Droids are historically better at piloting than living things. Even Jedi,

"Flying is for droids!" - Obi-wan

And we know that there is a way to get off/on Malachor safely. Traya and her forces do it.
~~ AiR ~~

Wolfninjajedi
03.01.2013 , 09:25 PM | #147

And we know that there is a way to get off/on Malachor safely. Traya and her forces do it.
Well now, we know Obi-Wan doesn't like flying. :P I wouldn't say historically droids are better, some perhaps but not all, I mean you can't just stick any old droid and expect it to fly great even with flight programs in, they would have to be specific. While right they do, I imagine its because they are somehow able to negate the effects how they do that who knows.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Ventessel
03.02.2013 , 01:47 AM | #148

Yeah... he said that while outflying an entire squadron of Vulture droids in a dogfight....
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell

LadyKulvax
03.02.2013 , 04:58 AM | #149

Just to pop in, Anakin Skywalker was the greatest pilot ever, his son came in at second place.
I am the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order. I've struck you down once already. Today, I'm finishing the job.
Jedi Order

Canino
03.02.2013 , 07:45 AM | #150
Alright, time to win this! I think we are forgetting something- G0-T0s droid army. Yes, he has an army, and it spanned the ENTIRE GALAXY. They where programmed to capture Jedi and Sith alike, and bring them to G0-T0. Numbers on the other hand, are none. There are no known numbers of the droids, but they are still there. We also have to figure, if they are programmed to capture Jedi and Sith, they must have decent knowledge to at least attempt to do this. How good are they at their job? Well, maybe not great, but neither are all of the Sith Traya has. We also have every single droid malfunctioning on Nar Shaddaa under G0-T0's control as well. He can afford to lose some battles- he has numbers on his side.
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------