Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Esseles or "Mama said Ironfist knock you out"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
The Esseles or "Mama said Ironfist knock you out"

Forkrul
01.01.2012 , 09:44 AM | #21
Move out of aoe, nuke boss, easy. If you have no healing moving out of aoe is even more important.
< The Unnamed > - Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Forkrul - Shadow

Graburr
01.01.2012 , 01:05 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Forkrul View Post
If you have no healing moving out of aoe is even more important.
this. a LOT of bosses in TOR are not hard, they just require attention and/or movement. some can be brute-forced with complete disregard for the mechanic, but that's not how it's supposed to be (or easy)

PowerJediRanger
01.01.2012 , 01:11 PM | #23
I remember trying it out with three jedi knights and a jedi shadow and it took us a couple of tries also.
"Do or do not, there is no try."

Mikisoq
01.01.2012 , 01:26 PM | #24
I found iron fist to be the only challenge, the first flash point i ever did, i teamed up with a random on a role play server. we duoed esseles and ironfist was the only hard boss.

we wiped on the first attempt, trying out strategies and at the 4th or 5th we finally defeated him.
it was mostly strategy and tactics like dodging his attacks, killing reinforcements and alittle bit of luck, they should definitely make him the last boss since he is the hardest in that flash point, the emo kid is a pushover...

ihateyouall
01.01.2012 , 01:28 PM | #25
guess bad players will continue being bad

MorgonKara
01.01.2012 , 01:36 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by londerwost View Post
I understand that it's not the only way to travel to next location (although dialog gives a false impression). I understand that you believe it is doable at level with two people. I understand that you believe I'm playing the game wrong. I can assure you, I look at things with patience and understanding. I believe I'm a fairly experienced player with good perception of game mechanics. With that I can recognize when something is just beyond what our two characters can do, regardless of strategy. When the game is geared in a way that is not balanced, it frustrates me because there is no option but to get more people or do it later. That is what I saw in Esseles.

Since not everyone is able to do it at level with two people (as stated by others in this thread) it means the instance needs re balance or different description. It's the first instance for gods sake, not some end game raid. Experienced players should not be struggling with it when following Bioware's own guidelines.

tl/dr... you think I'm doing it wrong. I disagree.
I find that analysis suspect. I've done Esseles with 2 people back when it was group 4 in beta and thought it was relatively easy compared to the Empire side early Flashpoint Black Talon. I have yet to be defeated in either of them. If you are having trouble get more people. If you think Esseles is tough, you are in for a real treat when you start to get to the group 4 heroics.

The early Flashpoints are now balanced for 2 people with companions and adv. class but it does benefit you to still have a basic trinity group make up. With 4 people you can DPS your way through, but with 2 you need a tank, heals and damage makeup of characters and companions. At the very least I recommend a player or companion healer.
Armormech-Armstech-Chemist-Mor-gon-M'orgon-Maxxi
Armormech-Armstech-Biochem-Artifice-Synthweaving-Cybertech
The Craft Legacy ~The Ebon Hawk

Mikisoq
01.01.2012 , 02:10 PM | #27
resend failure... sory

Mediif
01.01.2012 , 06:45 PM | #28
Did Talon with a friend.. easy as pie..... But doing Ironfist without a healer and it gets unreasonably difficult.
At level 11 with a sentinel and a shadow and both companions moving out of aoe and we still got the beating of our day. I agree with some that this boss is scaled harder then supposed for a 2 man introducing instance.

For 2 players:
Black Talon=Faceroll keyboard
Esseles (Ironfist)=really hard

Cheers.

Chomag
01.01.2012 , 07:10 PM | #29
Wow, to think someone with functional brain and some healing abilities could have made the difference...
Hard mode: Play Republic
Nightmare mode: Play Republic on a pvp server
Are you man enough for the challenge ? Aunt Satele wants YOU.
Republic. No kids allowed.

xJediChrisx
10.01.2012 , 02:32 PM | #30
Ive tried this Flashpoint last night. Im a level 14 Sentinel and my companion (NPC )is a padawan with double blade saber. I ran through it by myself with no issues. But once I got to Iron Fist, my companion and I put up a good fight, but he kept defeating us with about 5%-10% health left. i tried this 3 times, then gave up (and people are jerks cuz NO ONE was willing to take 10 minutes and assist me.). If you run this Flashpoint by yourself, you may want to be a level 15-20.