Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Annihilation needs an anti-cleanse

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
Annihilation needs an anti-cleanse

Never_Hesitate
02.26.2013 , 08:30 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by majiinx View Post
It really shocks me that Bioware would make a DoT based spec with no countermeasures for cleansing.
Madness sorc's don't have any countermeasures against cleansing either and they do a just as big portion of their dmg through dots.
They should get something as well.
T3-M4 - Lvl 60 Chars:
Leonië&Caipha PT, Eleondra&Eleondraa Op
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper
Hannahla Merc, Caphalør Sorc, Kindarya Assa

verfallen
02.26.2013 , 11:20 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Never_Hesitate View Post
Madness sorc's don't have any countermeasures against cleansing either and they do a just as big portion of their dmg through dots.
They should get something as well.
The small difference is only a sorc can cleanse madness, and they can reapply affliction whenever they want.

Creeping Terror should however be protected somewhat being the top tier ability.

majiinx
02.26.2013 , 03:28 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by verfallen View Post
The small difference is only a sorc can cleanse madness, and they can reapply affliction whenever they want.

Creeping Terror should however be protected somewhat being the top tier ability.
Yea I'm not against madness sorc getting some kind of anti-cleanse. I think any DoT based spec should have cleanse defense and our primary should not have a cool down. I think also Annihilate should refresh our DoTs especially since it will have a lower cool down and we will have to use it more.

AngusFTW
02.26.2013 , 09:35 PM | #14
The problem with anni is that any healer that specs into cleanse talent can cleanse our dots because they are physical and not force or tech. While as with lethality or say pt dots only a scoundrel can cleanse those... While with sorc/sage well only sorc/sage can cleanse there force dots and not scoundrel etcetcetc.
That guy with all the fat pink twileks with bleez in the name.
TOFN/TRE/much eu much wow
twitch.tv/bleezlord

verfallen
02.26.2013 , 11:46 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by AngusFTW View Post
The problem with anni is that any healer that specs into cleanse talent can cleanse our dots because they are physical and not force or tech. While as with lethality or say pt dots only a scoundrel can cleanse those... While with sorc/sage well only sorc/sage can cleanse there force dots and not scoundrel etcetcetc.
Merc/scoundrel cleanse them baseline, no need to even spec into it.

Specced sorc also cleanse them.

NoTomorrow
02.28.2013 , 04:41 AM | #16
why not make these Force DoTs? Scoundrels don't deserve to be able to cleanse annihilation dots.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

Atlanis
02.28.2013 , 08:55 AM | #17
Sorry had no problem with people cleansing my dots yet, btw difference to the sorcerer we have no dot we can spam on 8 people/mobs our dots are normally only on our priority target. I know their hard hitting DoT has a cool down but ther smaller hasn´t.

Even in Ranked War zones people normally heal through the dot rather than cleansing it, it is what I do with my sage, btw don´t forget Merciless Slash thats the other 50% of your damage^^

planet_J
02.28.2013 , 09:12 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Atlanis View Post
Sorry had no problem with people cleansing my dots yet, btw difference to the sorcerer we have no dot we can spam on 8 people/mobs our dots are normally only on our priority target. I know their hard hitting DoT has a cool down but ther smaller hasn´t.

Even in Ranked War zones people normally heal through the dot rather than cleansing it, it is what I do with my sage, btw don´t forget Merciless Slash thats the other 50% of your damage^^
Actually...the bleeds are about 40%+ and annihilate/merciless is only about 25% then it's masterstrike for about 15% (also interruptable). Which leaves us with force builder attacks and annihilate/slash as our only 2 real attacks...which account for roughly 30% of our damage. We are short only 70% in pvp...that's all. Don't think anyone else has those same issues.
Republic Paragons/Paragons of the Empire:
http://republicparagons.guildlaunch.com
To contact in game find Hagimond or Zutharan Republic side for Imperial Side contact Gyrok or Peregrin-Noir

majiinx
02.28.2013 , 11:43 AM | #19
Even without our DoTs we still have some really good damage. However the tree is mostly built around DoTs. Specing into Annihilate does more then just increase our DoT damage. We get extra Rage generation, a snare and self healing which make the spec very attractive in PvP, however cleansing removes all those added benefits so its not just our damage thats effected its our survivability thats affected too.

jdemast
03.01.2013 , 01:55 PM | #20
I posted a topic like this in the PTS forums and it got promptly shut down. Hopefully they paid attenton to it though at least.