Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Annihilation needs an anti-cleanse

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Warrior > Marauder
Annihilation needs an anti-cleanse

majiinx
02.22.2013 , 08:14 AM | #1
Annihilation is a spec built around bleeds the bleeds add to our survivability and make up a large portion of our damage which works great against DPS and tanks but against healers it really hurts us as they have the ability to remove our bleeds. I think if a talented could be added to give us some defense to cleansing like say x% chance to resist cleanse or when our bleeds are dropped or removed it adds a weaker version, similar to lethality agents it would be really good. Also the cool down to Rupture should be removed I don't see why it should have a cool down on it.

AvengeAll
02.22.2013 , 03:16 PM | #2

I agree 100%.

verydanger
02.24.2013 , 02:30 AM | #3
A talent deep in Anni tree: Every time one of your bleeds get cleansed/removed, you gain a 50% damage bonus to your next Annihilate. Lasts 15 seconds, stacks up to 2 times.

Vane - Sentinel on Tomb of Freedon Nadd

majiinx
02.24.2013 , 03:01 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by verydanger View Post
A talent deep in Anni tree: Every time one of your bleeds get cleansed/removed, you gain a 50% damage bonus to your next Annihilate. Lasts 15 seconds, stacks up to 2 times.

Yea anything cause right now people can arbitrarily cleanse our dots with no penalty at all.

BobyDigital
02.24.2013 , 03:27 PM | #5
stacks up to 2 times? lol be like a 10k annihilate think that would be a little much but i agree with ya for the most part

verfallen
02.24.2013 , 04:12 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by BobyDigital View Post
stacks up to 2 times? lol be like a 10k annihilate think that would be a little much but i agree with ya for the most part
That would be actually be a rather good idea.

It would STILL be a dps loss, just not as muh of a big one. Especially since merc and operative can cleanse us baseline.

NoTomorrow
02.25.2013 , 07:45 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by verydanger View Post

It will lead to griefing. you are beating one of my team mates, I want to troll him, i remove your dots from him so you can beat him harder.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

JediMasterSLC
02.25.2013 , 10:46 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
It will lead to griefing. you are beating one of my team mates, I want to troll him, i remove your dots from him so you can beat him harder.
I don't see the problem. You can also troll your team by breaking the 8 second cc on a white barred sent/mara, or in a variety of other ways. You're preventing some dmg now to take some more dmg later. I don't think the annihilate dmg buff should be as high as he suggested, but watchman/anni definitely needs something to counter the cleansing. Honestly at this point I'd be willing to just get the self heals back so I can break 200k lol.
55s: POT5- Kakarrotx-Sent, Paraguss-Sorc, Brawlly-Jug, Meleehealer-Mara
Bastion- Greenn-Mando, Radishz-Scoundrel, Trunkks-Shadow, Burdok-Sniper, Lettucce-PT

verfallen
02.26.2013 , 01:08 AM | #9
50% per stack might be a bit much, but a talent linked to the new extra annihilate stack and juyo form stack could be "additionnaly, if your bleeds are cleansed, you have a 100% chance of gaining "insert buff name" immediately finishing the cooldown on Annihilate, and increasing your next annihilate's damage by 20%.

Thats 40% roughly. It will STILL be a dps loss to have Deadly saber cleansed (the crit and damage on it is much more powerful than annihilate, and a double DS and Rupture cleanse would give you a coming big annihilate.

This would do 2 things :

-smooth over the dps loss
-in a way, protect at least some ticks of DS, since no healer would cleanse it under 2 stacks, because that would mean giving us another boosted annihilate a few seconds later. Its still very worth it to nuke 2 stacks + rupture off, but less of a no brainer.

The damage boost can be adjusted so roughly 40-50% of your average ticks can be recuperated by annihilate ((DS x2 stacks total damage + rupture) x 0.4)

Currently, annihilation is the sole DoT heavy spec that can be totally rendered harmless by a skilled healer of ANY class AND 2 dps spec of those class. It remains a very good duelling spec, but unless some 4vs4 WZ appear (which they won't) you rarely see a full duel now.

majiinx
02.26.2013 , 08:23 AM | #10
It really shocks me that Bioware would make a DoT based spec with no countermeasures for cleansing. I think everybody agrees that Annihilation can easily be made a non threat with a decent healer. If this spec is going to be based on DoTs we need something that can resist cleanse or reapply a weaker version of our DoTs like Sniper/Op get in Leathality also Rupture cool down should be removed there is no reason we should have a cool down on a DoT.