Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

LOVE the Sentinel....But

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
LOVE the Sentinel....But

Thaladan's Avatar


Thaladan
02.22.2013 , 03:31 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by NogueiraA View Post
Roll a marauder/sent, you'll spend at least 50% of the match without a control of your char.
You will die for a Powertech doing 5k railshot, stun, 2.5k flameburst + 5k railshot, stun again, flameburst + railshot.
Shadow/sin coming out of stealth knocking you down, 6k maul, stun, 4k shock + 4.5k discharge, stun again, 5k maul.
Operatives/scoundrel ...........
i did and it is the easyest class to play. the "all around class"

so if you whine playing senti/marau, omg don't try other classes and hope the 2.0 will not be weak for you..

ps : for comparing my main is an agent lethality ok, play it and we'll see

WaywardOne's Avatar


WaywardOne
02.22.2013 , 05:39 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Thaladan View Post
i did and it is the easyest class to play. the "all around class"

so if you whine playing senti/marau, omg don't try other classes and hope the 2.0 will not be weak for you..

ps : for comparing my main is an agent lethality ok, play it and we'll see
I know you're just trolling but... what class do you consider to be "hard"? Agent "lethality" is easy, just not easy to score big numbers with as it is widely considered one of the gimpier class/specs in the game at the moment. At least you're not a mercenary...

PoliteAssasin's Avatar


PoliteAssasin
02.22.2013 , 08:35 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by NogueiraA View Post
Roll a marauder/sent, you'll spend at least 50% of the match without a control of your char.
You will die for a Powertech doing 5k railshot, stun, 2.5k flameburst + 5k railshot, stun again, flameburst + railshot.
Shadow/sin coming out of stealth knocking you down, 6k maul, stun, 4k shock + 4.5k discharge, stun again, 5k maul.
Operatives/scoundrel ...........
The only way we would die to any I those is I we don't have cooldowns up. PTS and Operatives don't do well against watchman. Shadows/Sins depends on the spec. I think a lot of people are missing the fact that the OP clearly doesn't know what he's doing with the class, hence him asking for advice. And all classes are affected by stuns, not just sentinels.



Quote: Originally Posted by Thaladan View Post
just lol !

you like aoe cc awe but not be cc as well by bubble...

here we are : sentinel/marau are whining

poor little thing, i'm crying for you
I guess its safe to say you've suffered defeat at the hands of a sentinel yes?
D E M A V E N D O B E R Y N

NathanielStarr's Avatar


NathanielStarr
02.22.2013 , 08:42 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by NogueiraA View Post
Roll a marauder/sent, you'll spend at least 50% of the match without a control of your char.
You will die for a Powertech doing 5k railshot, stun, 2.5k flameburst + 5k railshot, stun again, flameburst + railshot.
Shadow/sin coming out of stealth knocking you down, 6k maul, stun, 4k shock + 4.5k discharge, stun again, 5k maul.
Operatives/scoundrel ...........
Why wouldn't you just hit one of your multitude of defenses and survive and win?

Sents/Marauders have nothing to complain about, they are by far the alpha class in this game. If you lose to any nonSents/Marauders you are terrible and need to L2P.

Ramtar's Avatar


Ramtar
02.22.2013 , 09:56 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by NathanielStarr View Post
Why wouldn't you just hit one of your multitude of defenses and survive and win?

Sents/Marauders have nothing to complain about, they are by far the alpha class in this game. If you lose to any nonSents/Marauders you are terrible and need to L2P.
Sentinel/Marauder aren't the alpha class in the game. Guess you don't know what the h*** you are talking about.

WaywardOne's Avatar


WaywardOne
02.22.2013 , 10:02 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Thaladan View Post
just lol !

you like aoe cc awe but not be cc as well by bubble...

here we are : sentinel/marau are whining

poor little thing, i'm crying for you
Personally I don't like awe - I don't think any of the aoe mezz abilities should work in pvp - but if I've got it I'm obliged to use it if it is useful and it definitely is. However, compared to bubblestun? 1 aoe 6-seond mezz every 60 seconds vs 16-24 aoe low-resolve 3-second hard stuns every 60 seconds? Seriously? You call that trolling? C'mon...

foxmob's Avatar


foxmob
02.22.2013 , 10:20 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Ramtar View Post
Sentinel/Marauder aren't the alpha class in the game. Guess you don't know what the h*** you are talking about.
they've been in a very good place for pvp since day one. they have 3 viable specs in pvp. compared to every other melee dps, they have an outrageous number of dcds. are they fotm? meh. comes and goes, I suppose. but have you not noticed that they're one of the best dps options after every rebalancing patch? just because there's a paper to their rock (snipers) doesn't mean they don't simply outclass the majority of other classes in the wz.

given the state of bubble-stun, atm, I could care less about the fact that maras have a lot more dcs and only slightly less burst than a comparable dpser such as PT or sin w/o his tanking points.
meh
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

NathanielStarr's Avatar


NathanielStarr
02.22.2013 , 11:29 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Ramtar View Post
Sentinel/Marauder aren't the alpha class in the game. Guess you don't know what the h*** you are talking about.
Don't try to make people believe lies simply because you play one. There is substantial imperial proof that they are the alpha class in PvP if not the whole game.

The response to accusations that Sents/Marauders are not the most powerful is always "you don't know what you are talking about" without backup because all the evidence says that they are.

PoliteAssasin's Avatar


PoliteAssasin
02.22.2013 , 11:43 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
they've been in a very good place for pvp since day one. they have 3 viable specs in pvp. compared to every other melee dps, they have an outrageous number of dcds. are they fotm? meh. comes and goes, I suppose. but have you not noticed that they're one of the best dps options after every rebalancing patch? just because there's a paper to their rock (snipers) doesn't mean they don't simply outclass the majority of other classes in the wz.

given the state of bubble-stun, atm, I could care less about the fact that maras have a lot more dcs and only slightly less burst than a comparable dpser such as PT or sin w/o his tanking points.
The paper to our rock is actually tankasins, not snipers. Even with the new mobility I'm not even sure if I would add them up there. Any sentinel that loses to a sniper on live simply doesn't know how to play their class correctly. And as far as bubble stuns go, the only spec really affected by that is combat/carnage, not the other two.
D E M A V E N D O B E R Y N

PoliteAssasin's Avatar


PoliteAssasin
02.22.2013 , 11:52 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by NathanielStarr View Post
Don't try to make people believe lies simply because you play one. There is substantial imperial proof that they are the alpha class in PvP if not the whole game.

The response to accusations that Sents/Marauders are not the most powerful is always "you don't know what you are talking about" without backup because all the evidence says that they are.
I'm assuming you mean empirical, not imperial? You can't honestly believe that sents are the top class in the game. That'd probably have to go to shadows. We have good 1v1 capability, group buffs, and decent damage, decent defensive cooldowns. Shadows have stealth, good 1v1 capability, decent damage, decent defensive cooldowns, taunts, guards, speed, pulls. In a pug group, I can do more for my team on my assassin than I can on my sentinel simply because of better utility. Don't get me wrong sents bring a lot to the table, but don't overlook other classes such as shadows, or even possibly snipers who are very good at group support. And lets be honest, sentinels who actually push the class to its limits are a rare breed. The class may have a lot of fotm rerollers but your average sentinel isn't going to be "OMG they're so overpowered" status.
D E M A V E N D O B E R Y N