Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

30-54 bracket

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Totaltrash
02.26.2013 , 07:17 PM | #111
Holy crap!

At launch, we had a 10-50 bracket and it was horrible for anyone below 50!
If we didn't have a 50 on our team back then, we would quit the wz because we simply couldn't win - bolster or not.
The 10-50 bracket was scrapped about 4 week later because no bolster can make up for the lack of leveled abilities!

As expected, Bioware learned nothing and is about to fail yet again! Sad.

Vorpalex
02.26.2013 , 07:41 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by RobHinkle View Post
... the power differential between a fresh level 30 player and a current 50 player in augmented EWH gear being inside the same bracket. Our new bolster system should make those players reasonably competitive statistically...
If bolster will make it comparable, does the point of earning EWH become a tree in a forest?

idnewton
02.26.2013 , 07:46 PM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by Totaltrash View Post
Holy crap!

At launch, we had a 10-50 bracket and it was horrible for anyone below 50!
If we didn't have a 50 on our team back then, we would quit the wz because we simply couldn't win - bolster or not.
The 10-50 bracket was scrapped about 4 week later because no bolster can make up for the lack of leveled abilities!

As expected, Bioware learned nothing and is about to fail yet again! Sad.
Wrong. Bolster isn't like it was before. It's been stated that bolster ups you to the equivilent of un-augmented EWH gear. A full EWH 50 isn't going to have much of an advantage against a level 30 in purples of his level.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 24
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +31,000
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
Negative language gets you disqualified? Oh I'm sorry, please wait while I contact your local 'safe space'

Totaltrash
02.26.2013 , 08:54 PM | #114
Wrong. Bolster isn't like it was before. It's been stated that bolster ups you to the equivilent of un-augmented EWH gear. A full EWH 50 isn't going to have much of an advantage against a level 30 in purples of his level.
Reading not a strong suit, I presume? Or will bolster also give us 24 LEVELS OF MISSING ABILITIES?

God, I swear these fanboys never learn...

mulzii
02.26.2013 , 09:03 PM | #115
Yeah, except a full 51 has their full skillset, including the new stupid ones like saber reflect, teleport, electro net, etc. The 51+ levellers have new anti-ccs now. So basically, the 30-50 folks wont have the same cc effectiveness in the CC game with the 51+ folks. And thats huge, seeing how those 30-50 folks do not have their full skillset, as cc is needed. And a blind monkey with no hands knows that cc is the king of PvP in stun wars..

therealeasy
02.26.2013 , 09:32 PM | #116
lol this new bolster / combined bracket does not sound good, should be to 49 then 50-54 imo

well, dont know, but ewh should be > any sub 50 gear , otherwise whats the point, at this point level 54 in ewh 50s will be worse off than a 30 in fresh purples who dont have any expertise, is fail

also no bolster of course for the 50-54 (or minor stat bolster here) or 55 bracket, otherwise, what is the point in gearing at all..... this is an mmorpg and players should be responsible for earning their things not having their hands held the entire way

idnewton
02.26.2013 , 11:31 PM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by Totaltrash View Post
Reading not a strong suit, I presume? Or will bolster also give us 24 LEVELS OF MISSING ABILITIES?

God, I swear these fanboys never learn...
Quote: Originally Posted by RobHinkle View Post
We have initially chosen 30 as our new break point because that is the level in which players start having complete combat rotations
Regardless of abilities, a level gap of 24 is better than a gap of 44. Smear your short-sighted narrow-minded opinion on another thread.
Negative language gets you disqualified? Oh I'm sorry, please wait while I contact your local 'safe space'

Le_Spiff
02.27.2013 , 12:29 AM | #118
My thoughts on this are:

If you're gonna stat bolster at 55 you might as well do away with pvp gear. Make the focus of the game to level and accumulate skill. The comms gained are for custom pvp gear for looks. This way all players will live and die on ability to play and unlocked skills.

Otherwise make only 2 pvp groups. 50 to 55 with expertise gear users. 10 to 49 lowby pvp.

Just my 2cents.
The Bastion - PT Daecon 55
The Harbinger - PT Chithon 55 Merc Deacon 55 Mara Loong'Dragon 55 Sin Daemon 55

idnewton
02.27.2013 , 01:45 AM | #119
Actually, I had an idea to keep the brackets how they are (10-29, 30-54, 55) But to remove relative bolster entirely from the level 10-29 bracket and the level 30-54 bracket. Make bolster a constant instead of a dependant. Simply set every stat to a certain value. Some values would be shared, such as min/max weapon damage or alacrity. But, for example, while sorcerers would have the same amount of base power and critical rating and surge rating as a sniper, or a marauder, they would not have the same amount as tanks. Tanks would not have power but instead would have defensive stats, etc.

This system would fix nearly everything. Lowbie PvP is not competitive, it is a fun way to level and thus because it is not constantly competitive like endgame PvP, all stats should be the same regardless of gear (you could even not wear any at all, besides weapons for attacks). Obviously, if you have bonuses to certain stats in your spec, these will take effect in the warzone.

In order for this system to work, a few potential issues would have to be adressed:
While the bolster buff is active (in other words, while in a warzone), disallow the effects of gear. This is so that players cannot do... pretty much what they're doing right now with the bolster bug. Unequipping and reequipping gear. There would be default stat values, plus whatever the skill tree gives.

The system would not be very hard to create. All classes should have the same amount of accuracy, and any class with a tanking tree is a class with 'Stances' (Powertech has Ion Cylinder, Juggernaut has Soresu Form, Assassins have Dark Charge) Thus, if a class is using, say, Surging Charge, it would be given DPS stats. If it switches to Dark Charge, the DPS stat bonuses are taken away and he is given Tank stat bonuses. This raises another question: will players exploit this to simply change forms whenever a situation gets tough? Well, technically players can already do this, but not only is the Tank form junk without a shield, there are already safety measures in place to discourage this. When assassins change forms, it costs 100 force (all of their bar, unless they are using Force-Mystic shells or Deception spec). When Powertechs switch, it has an activation time. When Juggernauts switch, it removes all of their built up rage points.

Bioware, this is the true way to create balanced lowbie PvP. I, for one, have always dreamed of PvP which actually revolves around skill and not gear.

Daxy
02.27.2013 , 10:36 AM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by therealeasy View Post
lol this new bolster / combined bracket does not sound good, should be to 49 then 50-54 imo

well, dont know, but ewh should be > any sub 50 gear , otherwise whats the point, at this point level 54 in ewh 50s will be worse off than a 30 in fresh purples who dont have any expertise, is fail

also no bolster of course for the 50-54 (or minor stat bolster here) or 55 bracket, otherwise, what is the point in gearing at all..... this is an mmorpg and players should be responsible for earning their things not having their hands held the entire way
my sentiments exactly