Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

new vengeance buffs are niiiiiice

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Guardian / Juggernaut
new vengeance buffs are niiiiiice

Luckeyduckey's Avatar


Luckeyduckey
02.26.2013 , 07:52 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by NSViper View Post
Can't wait to see what my Immortal Tank is like with these new skill trees - sounds fricken awesome...

Speaking of which, anyone got a full immortal build for 2.0 they would care to share so I can see roughly what skills I'd be looking at ? ( I'm mainly PVE so like my current full immortal setup, would like to see what it should be in 2.0)
Not sure if this links or not, but for PvE try: 38/7/1 http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-...uggernaut/227/
Extermination
Aesrik

"Show some respect" - Ralen 2013

planet_J's Avatar


planet_J
02.26.2013 , 07:53 AM | #32
I have one I can share...but I won't get off work until later.
Republic Paragons/Paragons of the Empire:
http://republicparagons.guildlaunch.com
To contact in game find Hagimond or Zutharan Republic side for Imperial Side contact Gyrok or Peregrin-Noir

NSViper's Avatar


NSViper
02.27.2013 , 11:19 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by planet_J View Post
I have one I can share...but I won't get off work until later.
Yes please m8

Quote: Originally Posted by Luckeyduckey View Post
Not sure if this links or not, but for PvE try: 38/7/1 http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-...uggernaut/227/
Sorry dude, thats just a link to the calc itself not to your 38/7/1 spec
[ Hartraft : 55 Jugg Tank][ Viika : 55 Sniper]
[ Takhasis : 55 Sorc Healer][ Kirvs : 55 Bounty Hunter]

planet_J's Avatar


planet_J
02.27.2013 , 11:46 AM | #34
Actually...what am I thinking...my tank build is posted on the guild forum in a section open to guests...click the link in my sig and go the the SWTOR section of the forum...should be the 2nd most recent post shown on the left of the screen. Says something like "new rothc skill trees" or something...just open that post and you'll see my builds.
Republic Paragons/Paragons of the Empire:
http://republicparagons.guildlaunch.com
To contact in game find Hagimond or Zutharan Republic side for Imperial Side contact Gyrok or Peregrin-Noir

Pwnyride's Avatar


Pwnyride
02.27.2013 , 12:48 PM | #35
Im really looking foward to seeing how the new vengance changes play out and what people on the PTS think so far. Too bad this vengance thread turned into an immortal jugg thread.
(▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀]╬[Pwnyride]╬{▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

drummerinthesun's Avatar


drummerinthesun
02.27.2013 , 01:06 PM | #36
I've done a few quick parses on the PTS with elite gear. Look at ravage's crit percentage. In my highest parse (1993) is only crit 4 times out of 51 hits. 2 out of those 51 hits didn't even count damage, so that's more of a ops dummy lag problem. I found myself without abilities to use in a few circumstances, so I threw in Vicious Slash during those times and didn't really have too many rage problems. I know others could probably parse much higher that me (seeing how Mauull parses 1900 on live already). I'm just really concerned about the reworking of these stats. Our hardest hitting ability is only critting 7% of the time? On the other two parses (ignore the first, I had the wrong weapon equipped) ravage crit 14% and 20%, which is still a little low, considering my crit rating is sitting at 22% and smash, shatter, impale, and vicious throw are critting twice as often. I also experimented with force choke and force push as filler abilities, but those were obviously a dps loss.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Here they are:
http://www.torparse.com/a/146782/4/0/Damage+Dealt
55 Darkness Assassin - Cai'us, The Shadowlands
55 Vengeance Juggernaut- Ca'ius, The Shadowlands
OMEGA

ArenCordial's Avatar


ArenCordial
02.27.2013 , 04:02 PM | #37
Because of the lowering of certain stats in 2.0 (especially crit/surge), and the fact I think that the base elite mods definately need some moving around, I'm not surprised Ravage is doing less of a percentage for you than you're used to. I was suprised by how much more things like Scream/Blade Storm was doing as a % of my overall damage when I parsed myself.

We are probably going to have to do some gear testing/theory crafting to get the spec back to a nice comfortable spot in light of the changes.

Personally I'm liking the changes but it feels a little unwieldy at times, thats probably because I've barely spent any time with it though.

Andrew_Past's Avatar


Andrew_Past
02.27.2013 , 04:58 PM | #38
For PVP, I think 100 acc rating (with the companion and talent buffs), 150-200 alacrity, 350-400 surge (about 70%), and 400 crit rating will be the way to go.

Even though it doesn't currently affect Ravage, alacrity helps expedite the process of getting bleeds rolling faster and will help with using our AOE snare with minimal downtime. When I parsed on the PTS, going 4 enhancement alacrity vs replacing those with surge ended in about the same DPS. 150-200 alacrity is 2-3 enhancements, which provides a good middle ground.
And'rew - Guardian || And'ria - Sentinel || Praeteria - Juggernaut
The Past Legacy || POT5, Fatman Native
First Guardian Representative
AndrewPast - Twitch

wadecounty's Avatar


wadecounty
02.27.2013 , 05:20 PM | #39
http://www.torparse.com/a/147173/2/0/Damage+Dealt

2200 on the fleet dummy, was between 2250-2300 for most of this parse. Using the Master Strike set bonus instead of Blade Storm because it still makes up a larger percentage of damage in Vengeance spec. Impossible to get the fleet dummy to yourself on the PTS right now, but I think without lag and perfecting the rotation I could see 2400-2500 easily possible.

TwistedTony's Avatar


TwistedTony
02.27.2013 , 05:21 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by drummerinthesun View Post
I've done a few quick parses on the PTS with elite gear. Look at ravage's crit percentage. In my highest parse (1993) is only crit 4 times out of 51 hits. 2 out of those 51 hits didn't even count damage, so that's more of a ops dummy lag problem. I found myself without abilities to use in a few circumstances, so I threw in Vicious Slash during those times and didn't really have too many rage problems. I know others could probably parse much higher that me (seeing how Mauull parses 1900 on live already). I'm just really concerned about the reworking of these stats. Our hardest hitting ability is only critting 7% of the time? On the other two parses (ignore the first, I had the wrong weapon equipped) ravage crit 14% and 20%, which is still a little low, considering my crit rating is sitting at 22% and smash, shatter, impale, and vicious throw are critting twice as often. I also experimented with force choke and force push as filler abilities, but those were obviously a dps loss.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Here they are:
http://www.torparse.com/a/146782/4/0/Damage+Dealt
drop alacrity and crit COMPLETELY and stack power with the rest for surge. that is all. atm alacrity and crit are inferior, plain and simple. you will notice a difference. pts btw
The Bastion - Descension
Rexas - Juggernaut, Predatus - Marauder, Malitus - Assassin
Vigilax - Guardian