Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hybrid DPS still viable 2.0?

Phinub
02.24.2013 , 06:10 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by AngusFTW View Post
I also found myself in this build after experimenting around with hybrids and it will be an awesome burst pvp build IMO. The buffed up lightning strike with 30% extra crit dmg from wrath hits like a truck as does chain lightning not to mention you also get death field in the deal. To me it seems like you wouldn't even use crushing darkness all that much in this because of how hard lightning strike can burst and ofc insta chain lightning procs.. I'm not sure if bioware even intended for lightning strike to hit so hard under a hybrid build. No idea how it compares to others but i think in pvp this build will be very nice since its all instant and the buffed up lightning strike gives alot of burst when it crits
This. LS seems to hit about as hard as deathfield with creeping death. Even if it doesn't crit and you're missing out of the reverberating force bonus damage it still hits harder than shock.
I've hit LS for over 5k on the pvp dummy (which is still lvl 50 though) and generally found myself neglecting crushing darkness. Haven't tried it in pvp yet though, i'll do that once they fix the bolster bug.

Apart from the removal of instant whirlwind I'm very positive about these changes to the DPS trees
Perí
The Red Eclipse

Sosajoshua
02.24.2013 , 10:41 AM | #12
Guildie is gonne use a 3/18/26 tree when 2.0 is live but as I havent been Hybrid since 1.2 and am Madness I dont see how itll work as well. Dont get me wrong LS buffs now are completely viable for hybrid then it becomes a choice of using Wrath with CD or LS. Idk if anyone will still CL with 2.0 hybrids but idk i think the general boosts to Lighning and Madness make for better spec choices in 2.0.
<A Wretched Hive> Jedi Covenant Rhaegis, Madness Sorcerer / Youngdragon, Advanced Proto-tech / Kha'leesi, Engineering Sniper / Dragonbane, Vengence

wwkingms
02.25.2013 , 12:50 AM | #13
http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-...0000000&ver=20

is what im thinking

since ROOTS dont affect resolve i see this build being very annoying to people with electric bindings and the immobilize on chain lightning
NIHIL

THE BASTION

AdmiralParmesan
02.25.2013 , 02:42 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by verfallen View Post
I'm actually in a progression raid team with 0/18/23 currently. Most people say as you do, but i get the number I need for a place on the raid team, and I constantly beat my pure madness spec parse with it. I actually like it because its complex, so fun to play, and mobile.

EVERYTHING gets a boost. Damage wise, but also % wise. CL is mostly used as a nice burst filler, or your numbers drop. Using LS with wrath is probably a big enough hitter now dps wise, so even a 2-3 sec delay on CD is probably not that much of a loss over a wrath siting in your bar for 10 seconds.

As said, downloading tonight so I'll see how it fares.
This is what I am thinking.

Sadly I can't play on the pts with my sorc
Depreva (Sith Sorcerer) - Prophecy of the Five-

verfallen
02.26.2013 , 12:53 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by AdmiralParmesan View Post
This is what I am thinking.

Sadly I can't play on the pts with my sorc
Yah my sorc got borked.

I had to level a new one on the PTS. Rushed through korriban, and hit the level booster, took me a night.

The main difference I saw is even with un-augmented gear, not min-maxed I see very hard hitting DF and LS.

However, in single target fights barrage struggles to proc due to lower crit, and power is even more worthy of being stacked with the new steep DR.

Accuracy being needed also force a dent in your surge/alacrity, and alacrity becoming useful adds very much to the dilemna.

I do find single-target dps compares very well to even anni mara, and if you add a second enemy just trump it.

A very good anni mara will still do more damage than you hammering at something. However fight mechanics other than absolute dps stop will barely affect you.

Darth_Nihilis
02.27.2013 , 11:53 AM | #16
what is the 3/18/26 spec if you dont mind me asking? Also is our rotation still basically. Afflictionm Force Lightning for Wrath Proc. Death Field and then CD. And only use LS when CD is on cool down?
J E N ' J I D A I
. . Website . | . Join Us . .
Darth Nihlus - Sith Sorcerer
Darth Nephilim - Sith Juggernaut

paowee
02.27.2013 , 01:07 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Nihilis View Post
what is the 3/18/26 spec if you dont mind me asking? Also is our rotation still basically. Afflictionm Force Lightning for Wrath Proc. Death Field and then CD. And only use LS when CD is on cool down?
Curious about this as well. But without people posting parses it's hard to see for yourself what they are doing right or what you are doing wrong. I read somewhere around here that SHOCK put into the rotation is a DPS gain. Also that the CL build is a DPS increase over just getting Lightning Effusion and Lightning Barrage in the Lightning tree. I tested both and did less dps. Would be great to see some of their parses.
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

Aetideus
02.27.2013 , 02:56 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by AngusFTW View Post
I also found myself in this build after experimenting around with hybrids and it will be an awesome burst pvp build IMO. The buffed up lightning strike with 30% extra crit dmg from wrath hits like a truck as does chain lightning not to mention you also get death field in the deal. To me it seems like you wouldn't even use crushing darkness all that much in this because of how hard lightning strike can burst and ofc insta chain lightning procs.. I'm not sure if bioware even intended for lightning strike to hit so hard under a hybrid build. No idea how it compares to others but i think in pvp this build will be very nice since its all instant and the buffed up lightning strike gives alot of burst when it crits

Heres a quick very sloppy vid (on a sage though which is lvl 45 on live.. couldnt get my sorc accross) i did trying to demonstrate the burst potential of this spec. Obviously with full lvl 55 gear it will hit even harder and crit more. For pve i'm not too sure but i can def see this working well in pvp.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjTMq...ature=youtu.be
I ll take your word for it because Madness looks inadequate for current 2.0

Darth_Nihilis
02.27.2013 , 03:57 PM | #19
Anyone have the build they are talking about as link?
J E N ' J I D A I
. . Website . | . Join Us . .
Darth Nihlus - Sith Sorcerer
Darth Nephilim - Sith Juggernaut

Fireswraith
02.28.2013 , 11:39 AM | #20
3/18/26 is impossible, that gives 47 spec points when there is only a total of 46. My guess is he meant 3/18/25 which is probably something like this.

http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-...0000000&ver=20