Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

PvP Armor in 2.0? Is EWH Obsolete?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PvP Armor in 2.0? Is EWH Obsolete?

Briggs_Knightly's Avatar


Briggs_Knightly
02.21.2013 , 06:14 PM | #11
"These are not the droids you are looking for"...

Seriously... This is just an attempt to change our focus from important game mechanics and balancing that is NEEDED and put it on new shiny stuff.

Screw you EA/BW... what a waste of my time... very sad.
/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_
EA/BW: Please FIRE all who worked on PVP for incompetence. Thx.
50-Merc 50-Op 50-VG 40-GunS 50-Jug 50-Shadow 40-Sent 40-Sorc
OK, I have given up on EA/BW! Any suggestions for my next game?

Taerrik's Avatar


Taerrik
02.21.2013 , 06:32 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Briggs_Knightly View Post
Seriously... This is just an attempt to change our focus from important game mechanics and balancing that is NEEDED and put it on new shiny stuff.
.
Its working, I want shinies

abokado's Avatar


abokado
02.21.2013 , 06:34 PM | #13
Well, the new gear has the same mods, 61 for the partisan gear and 63 for the higher. They cost seems to be pretty much the same for WH and EWH. Though I haven't compared my stats from my WH gear with the Partisan gear. So I guess whoever has minmaxed EWH is still gonna kick *** and it's probably not that different to the new ger?

DroidDreamer's Avatar


DroidDreamer
02.21.2013 , 06:55 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by abokado View Post
Well, the new gear has the same mods, 61 for the partisan gear and 63 for the higher. They cost seems to be pretty much the same for WH and EWH. Though I haven't compared my stats from my WH gear with the Partisan gear. So I guess whoever has minmaxed EWH is still gonna kick *** and it's probably not that different to the new ger?
The look doesn't matter. If it's still the same mods, then the old tier is not obsolete yet.
The DroidDreamer Legacy (Pot5 Server)
Eblen 50 Sorc heals | Sodan 50 Sniper | Trilliant 37 Immortal Jugg | Somnis 50 TankSin
They mark me with the lightning bolt in Huttball.

Flying-Brian's Avatar


Flying-Brian
02.21.2013 , 07:03 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by abokado View Post
Well, the new gear has the same mods, 61 for the partisan gear and 63 for the higher. They cost seems to be pretty much the same for WH and EWH. Though I haven't compared my stats from my WH gear with the Partisan gear. So I guess whoever has minmaxed EWH is still gonna kick *** and it's probably not that different to the new ger?
The difference (when i looked at it briefly last night), was that while the new sets are still rated at 61/63, they have a slight expertise boost over current sets and the main stats on the armoring are much higher.

DroidDreamer's Avatar


DroidDreamer
02.21.2013 , 07:08 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Flying-Brian View Post
The difference (when i looked at it briefly last night), was that while the new sets are still rated at 61/63, they have a slight expertise boost over current sets and the main stats on the armoring are much higher.
In the armorings only or in all of the mods/enhancements as well?
The DroidDreamer Legacy (Pot5 Server)
Eblen 50 Sorc heals | Sodan 50 Sniper | Trilliant 37 Immortal Jugg | Somnis 50 TankSin
They mark me with the lightning bolt in Huttball.

Eldriq's Avatar


Eldriq
02.21.2013 , 07:18 PM | #17
Expertise is going to be huge it will be more important than Power. Expertise will have no DR just like Power but will have more affect as it will adjust Damage/Reduction/Heals so even if they only buff the expertise it is going to be significant even over fully optimized EWH. At least that is what I am guessing.
El'drik - Sorcerer- War Hero - Harbinger Server Care Bear/White Knight
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth. Friedrich Nietzsche

Eldriq's Avatar


Eldriq
02.21.2013 , 07:28 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by DroidDreamer View Post
In the armorings only or in all of the mods/enhancements as well?
Just checked all of them are better but they are moved around like they always do.
El'drik - Sorcerer- War Hero - Harbinger Server Care Bear/White Knight
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth. Friedrich Nietzsche

slowantics's Avatar


slowantics
02.21.2013 , 08:58 PM | #19
so do i need to buy the new warhero gear to trade in for the next gear? or can i just trade in my old war hero
Signature: Coming Soon

Eldriq's Avatar


Eldriq
02.21.2013 , 09:15 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by slowantics View Post
so do i need to buy the new warhero gear to trade in for the next gear? or can i just trade in my old war hero
Neither the new War Hero gear is only obtainable at 55 and then you can buy the first set with regular comms with no trade in. To get the next set you need Ranked Comms and the previous gear. Does that make sense?
El'drik - Sorcerer- War Hero - Harbinger Server Care Bear/White Knight
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth. Friedrich Nietzsche