Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP Armor in 2.0? Is EWH Obsolete?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PvP Armor in 2.0? Is EWH Obsolete?

DroidDreamer
02.21.2013 , 04:56 PM | #1
Trying to find info on this so I will ask the experts: Has Elite War Hero become obsolete in 2.0? Is there a new tier of PvP armor with new/better armorings/mods/enhancements? If so, what is the cost of said armor and what is happening to War Hero and Elite War Hero? Is EWH being reduced in price down to the cost of WH (similar to how WH now costs the same as what Battlemaster used to cost)?

Forgive me but for a number of reasons I can't go on the PTS to test right now so I am asking those who know on these forums.
The DroidDreamer Legacy (Pot5 Server)
Eblen 50 Sorc heals | Sodan 50 Sniper | Trilliant 37 Immortal Jugg | Somnis 50 TankSin
They mark me with the lightning bolt in Huttball.

jgoldsack
02.21.2013 , 04:57 PM | #2
Probably at 55 yeah. But EWH should be plenty fine for 50-55, imo.
On the Internet, you can be anything you want. It is strange so many people choose to be stupid.

DroidDreamer
02.21.2013 , 05:00 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by jgoldsack View Post
Probably at 55 yeah. But EWH should be plenty fine for 50-55, imo.
There is a new level 55 PvP gear tier with improved armorings/mods/enhancements? Do you know or are you speculating?
Eblen 50 Sorc heals | Sodan 50 Sniper | Trilliant 37 Immortal Jugg | Somnis 50 TankSin

jgoldsack
02.21.2013 , 05:04 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DroidDreamer View Post
There is a new level 55 PvP gear tier with improved armorings/mods/enhancements? Do you know or are you speculating?
Speculating, but I do not see why there would not be for level 55, especially since they stated that the new PvP gear will have the expertise changes in it, and the old gear will not.
On the Internet, you can be anything you want. It is strange so many people choose to be stupid.

Eldriq
02.21.2013 , 05:28 PM | #5
2 new pvp gear sets both 55 one you can buy with regular warzones comms the other requires ranked comms. Videos on you tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82La_sude6M
El'drik - Sorcerer- War Hero - Harbinger Server Care Bear/White Knight
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth. Friedrich Nietzsche

DroidDreamer
02.21.2013 , 05:30 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Eldriq View Post
2 new pvp gear sets both 55 one you can buy with regular warzones comms the other requires ranked comms. Videos on you tube.
You know, I really don't mind the constant grind. This is an MMO afterall. I wan't upset when WH became the new Battlemaster. But the time lapse between the release of EWH and its obsolescence is pretty darn short in this case. Makes you wonder if it's worth the grind.

Eldriq
02.21.2013 , 05:32 PM | #7
Only like 20 point difference between the regular warzone set and the ranked set "unoptimized of course". Looks like they are going to stick with the war hero/elite war hero model. The look is bad tho kind of like bugs.

http://dulfy.net/2013/02/20/swtor-le...odels-preview/
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth. Friedrich Nietzsche

DroidDreamer
02.21.2013 , 05:42 PM | #8
Only like 20 point difference between the regular warzone set and the ranked set "unoptimized of course". Looks like they are going to stick with the war hero/elite war hero model. The look is bad tho kind of like bugs.

http://dulfy.net/2013/02/20/swtor-le...odels-preview/
I do like the minimal gap between the sets; felt the same about EWH and WH. I don't like the art direction but with the orange mod system I can pick my own look so that's cool. And it's better than the swamp thing sorc armor!

It is a little surprising that the new gear set is out so quickly after the last that's my only real "complaint" -- if you could call it that. I'm not going anywhere, of course, but it does make you wonder how far the next set is...

Eldriq
02.21.2013 , 05:46 PM | #9
I appreciate the lack of gear gap as well as you can take your time and really BiS your the first set. As it stands only those that really really want the best will go for the ranked gear the rest will probably either farm it or optimize it then make a slow progression from there. Overall I am very happy with the new gear and that they are sticking with their system my worry was you would have to trade in the Elite War Hero to go to the next tier I am immensely relieved that it will NOT be like that.

DroidDreamer
02.21.2013 , 05:50 PM | #10
I appreciate the lack of gear gap as well as you can take your time and really BiS your the first set. As it stands only those that really really want the best will go for the ranked gear the rest will probably either farm it or optimize it then make a slow progression from there. Overall I am very happy with the new gear and that they are sticking with their system my worry was you would have to trade in the Elite War Hero to go to the next tier I am immensely relieved that it will NOT be like that.
Feel the same. It's nice to be able to quickly and easily go BiS at the lower tier and take your time going BiS at the higher tier. Since the WH/EWH change of equalizing gear, there have been a lot less matches where I felt gear was the deciding factor.

But dammit, Bioware, I wasn't done going BiS with EWH and you're already making it obsolete! Oh, well, rinse and repeat I guess.