Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is Dark Charge losing 20% armor?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Is Dark Charge losing 20% armor?

KettleBelll
02.21.2013 , 04:31 PM | #1
I remember that when you spec'ed into Spike outside of stealth, you also got the (more) important 20% to armor as well.

Now unless I'm missing it somewhere, that 20% armor talent doesn't seem to exist anymore in patch 2.0.

Am I just missing it, or is Dark Charge going to take a 20% armor hit?

cycao
02.21.2013 , 04:58 PM | #2
The 20% is gone.

thefishdude
02.21.2013 , 06:05 PM | #3
yeah, it's gone and PVP sins will suck for it. While running a shield now helps with all forms of attacks, the number of abilities out there that auto-crit will make it worthless. It's hard to actually tell how it'll work in a WZ since all the stupid bug exploiters out there right now, but in 1v1 duels, I've noticed a difference.
Forum Warrior Apprentice

MasterFeign
02.21.2013 , 06:35 PM | #4
Seems a bit silly that when they originally nerfed sins, they took away 1% self heals and about 12% armouriung. Now we're also pretty much loosing the goodness of using death field, so our harnessed darkness is more standalone, with the passive darkness stance proc.

landino
02.22.2013 , 11:09 AM | #5
ooh assassins are getting nerfed.. again!? what a surprise......

Esproc
02.27.2013 , 12:53 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterFeign View Post
Seems a bit silly that when they originally nerfed sins, they took away 1% self heals and about 12% armouriung. Now we're also pretty much loosing the goodness of using death field, so our harnessed darkness is more standalone, with the passive darkness stance proc.
1.6 Allies saw the nerf of the darkness spec with a loss, loss, loss.
Dark Charge -50% healing.
Armor 'buff' from cloth 150% down to 110%
Harnessed Darkness 'tick' (sneeze interrupt) down from 12% to 8%, required all 3 ticks.

I gave up count after that and pretty much shelved my first tank.

Apparently a Hybrid with some Darkness with DPS gear in PvP was too much?

On a 'good' note, EA increased our threat by 100% when I never had a problem with it in the first place.

/waves hand "Nothing to see here." "It is working as intended."
In this Age of Information, Ignorance is a Choice!

MasterFeign
02.27.2013 , 06:30 PM | #7
And to add insult to injury, at the time, when WH gear was new, survivor gear seemingly focused more on willpower than it did of endurance...

Zorash
02.27.2013 , 07:39 PM | #8
ALL tanks got nerfed, so stop trying to make it sound like they are singling you out.

Eternalnight
02.28.2013 , 09:12 AM | #9
Also here's a fun fact Dark Charge did not loose 20% armor

Take an assassin in current live servers and test and see what exactly this talent does for you currently while still living in 1.7

With it I have

40.76% damage reduction
6277 armor (with dark charge on)

The re-spec skill tree, keep everything the same except loose this talent:
Now I have

38.71% damage reduction
5743 armor (with dark charge on)

Now lets compare the numbers

Armor with dark charge on: 6277 vs 5743 and do the math, you get 8.5% difference

How come its only 8.5% and not 20%, you ask?

Well I think the answer is, because this talent gives additional armor equal to 20% of your unbuffed base armor, but it does not add another 20% to the +110% you get from Dark Charge.

Now, don't get me wrong, it is still a huge nerf considering they at the same time increased the armor multipliers of other classes, but how badly it affects us, still remains to be seen.

verfallen
02.28.2013 , 10:07 AM | #10
Its disappointing, but not game breaking. Imo with both the other tank in the 50% range sintanks should be in the 40-45%, but its not going to happen I guess.

Now however they considerably boosted shield effectiveness, something darkness sins are undisputed kings at.

Alternatively, with the new DR, starting baseline with 5% more defense is much more interesting.

Lastest PTS patch also boost Dark Ward to 15 charges (up from 8), however reduce the damage on shock, altough I have the feeling going for energize will be less game breaking now.

For some reason, I'm fairly sure the end result will be a very good mitigation tank.