Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

First HM Flashpoint last night

Egami
02.21.2013 , 04:21 PM | #1
Did my first HM FP last night, Taral V popped as a random, me and a mate jumped in. As it starts, the healer whispers me saying he hasnt done this one on HM either. I figured, its only healing, all should be good either way and he did a good job.

So 30 seconds in, one of the dps hasnt even gotten into the instance and the other dps is off and running, sprinting through the shortcuts to get as far ahead as possible. At this point, the healer accidently pulls the first pack of mobs. I tank them, we go on our merry way. The other dps is finally in the instance and we proceed forward. Past the first mini boss, the speedy dps accidently pulls. I tank, it adds a few minutes to the run, nothing major. The speedy DPS starts complaining about how long the run is taking and that it should take 'no more than 18 minutes and we are nearly at that now'. I politely tell him to calm down.

Next up, the first boss, I clear a couple of mobs around, so that the heals/dps dont pull by accident. I get anotehr message saying this is taking too long etc. Long story short, we down the boss (with 1 accidental pull from a dps mind you) and continue on. Next boss, 1 more accidental pull from the speedy dps, then onto the last boss. Now we wipe on the boss, Ive only done it on normal, didnt know about the LoS pull. Then the speedy dps complains that the run has taken nearly 2 hours (a quick look at the clock suggested just shy of an hour) and then leaves the instance. After he leaves the instance, we vote kick and I get abused via pm.

Great start to HM FP's. I now have someone on ignore. First time ever using the ignore function in this game.....

Summary- Got a douche dps, felt like telling everyone.

Blighboy
02.21.2013 , 05:01 PM | #2
If you haven't done the instance before, you should let everyone know in advance. Generally the idea going into these is to ignore as many mobs as possible, as there is no benefit to killing them. If people know you haven't been there, they will ideally slow down and let you follow so you figure out the shortcuts. If they don't, well then they really have no one to blame but themselves in the event of accidental pulls or deaths.
An army of one man, but the right man for the job! -Clone trooper rallying call
Pillars of Ashla
Guild Site

TrigPt
02.21.2013 , 05:09 PM | #3
you should say at the start you're new to the FP.
you should also tell an impatient dps that you're a tank you wait 5mins for a queue to pop and if he thinks it'll be quicker to leave and wait for another group he's welcome to do so but you're staying.
you should say at the start you're new to the FP.

Egami
02.21.2013 , 05:11 PM | #4
I had done the instance before, just not in HM. I even advised the party of this as we started. As I said, this guy just started going for it before we even had everyone in the instance.

Im just complaining about a player really. Probably didnt need to make a thread but figured, Im bored at work, stuff it. make the thread, see what folk say and see if speed running is indeed the norm

TrigPt
02.21.2013 , 05:12 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Blighboy View Post
Generally the idea going into these is to ignore as many mobs as possible, as there is no benefit to killing them.
Slightly off topic but these people also then moan about repair costs because they avoid all the free credits along the way just get the comms at the end.

Egami
02.21.2013 , 05:17 PM | #6
I had done the instance before, just not in HM. I even advised the party of this as we started. As I said, this guy just started going for it before we even had everyone in the instance.

Im just complaining about a player really. Probably didnt need to make a thread but figured, Im bored at work, stuff it. make the thread, see what folk say and see if speed running is indeed the norm

slafko
02.22.2013 , 02:10 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Egami View Post
After he leaves the instance, we vote kick and I get abused via pm.
Do not vote kick people that leave the team after being douchebags. Ever.

The kick enables them to fire up the finder immediately. Leaving the group gets them a 15 minute lockout from the finder.

jeniyagyu
02.22.2013 , 02:50 AM | #8
He left on the LAST boss .... ? Wow, and I thought rage quitting halfway through a FP was time wasted.

Also, don't worry about him, he is a dps, and there are more dps to replace him anyway. (Too bad you can't name names/server so I can /ignore him on my tank too ... He sounds like he would annoy the crap out of me.)

Also, why was he complaining that it was taking so long anyway, wasn't he the one accidentally pulling the entire time anyway?

People amuse me. lol

thomasbaxter
02.22.2013 , 08:58 AM | #9
Not generalising but most DPSers are a**holes lol that's why there's hundreds of them.

Nah being serious there are some good DPSers but most of them are those who lack the intelligence to do anything bar bash the buttons and they don't get things like CD on heals or taunts etc.

uniz
02.22.2013 , 09:53 AM | #10
put him on ignore and move on. all hm fp are now a race. good or bad it is here now until new fps come out.

the sad thing is he wont be the only player you will put on ignore in this game. lfd groups have too many of these players.

just remember dps are a dime a dozen and most are not even worth that.