Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lightning 2.0

Larry_Dallas
02.24.2013 , 11:08 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Diablo_Cow View Post
Anyone know a good rotation and build? When I parsed on live and on PTS I noticed a +500 dps (1557 to 2083) right off the bat in pure Arkanian gear with no optimization minus the removal of the accuracy enhancement. I ran with a sorc on my tank who says he is pulling 2.3k and I've seen parses o 2.3k.

Currently I am running 5/36/5, my stats are:
~2400 end (28k hp)
~2650 wp
crit 25% (333ish rating)
surge 68% (can't remember rating, will edit in)
alacrity 7.8% (450ish rating)
power: ~1000 (1.3k bonus damage)

Based on the stat difference between live and PTS, the lose of 10% crit and 7% surge shouldn't account for 300 dps. So I'm thinking its my rotation which is the same in live and PTS.
I dropped crit to around 150-ish, put the rest in power and parsed a solid (and more or less exact) 2200 on the fleet ops dummy today (this is with no relics, no stim and no adrenal). This was a 350 dps gain vs what I saw in stock gear using lightning. If I had an on-use relic and a stim, I'm sure I'd have seen 2300.

Rest of my itemization was, more or less, the same as yours. I may even drop crit to zero.

Thinking that with how little crit "crit" adds, classes with auto-crit abilities might be able to just stack power and come out ahead. But I'll have to do more testing.

My pyro's the one I can't get a good parse out of (~1900 with no on-use relic in the default gear). Have no idea how to manage crit and power tradeoff or the surge/accuracy budget on him now.

Edit: I used this
http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-...00000000000323

rotation is pretty much affliction->thundering blast->if lightning storm procs, I use polarity shift, if not lightning strike until I get it-->polarity shift-->CD-->recklessness-->CL-->barrage if it's up-->shock if it's not--> then the following in priority as they proc or come off cooldown

affliction
TB
Lightning storm CL
Barrage (procs a lot less often, though)
CD
Lightning strike

Diablo_Cow
02.24.2013 , 11:33 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Larry_Dallas View Post
snipped
My rotation is similar to yours, almost exactly the same in fact. The only notable differences are my opening and when I use Recklessness.

My opening is: Affliction>Thundering Blast>Crushing Darkness>Lightning Strike (unless Barrage or Conduction occur)> reapply DoTs

Then I save Recklessness for Conduction and I use Polarity shift on CD. I also try to use Force Lightning before Chain Lightning so that possible second strike doesn't eat up a charge of Recklessness.

Oh and I don't use shock at all in my rotation since on live it worsens my DPS. Considering how BW moved Chain Shock (is that the sin name or both?) to tier one lightning tree, I'm stuck with it so I might as well try it out.

I'll have to give it a shot with the clicky relics since I still favor the elemental DG proc and the matrix cube.
Right now my total crit and lack of 1% alacrity feels horrible but doesn't seem to make a difference.

Larry_Dallas
02.25.2013 , 12:01 PM | #23
Thinking behind using recklessness during polarity shift (instead of waiting for conduction) is the skill called chaos nexus which doubles the proc rate of forked lightning. Added crit damage to a skill that crits for 30% of what CL crits for > 3% damage bonus I'm thinking.

Unfortunately, I can't say for certain that they've fixed the bug where double-strike skills like that and chain shock don't apply recklessness to the second charge (or apply it and eat an additional charge), but I'm parsing higher this way, so I'll stick with it until I see evidence that something different is better or that the second charge does not apply recklessness.

Edit: and yeah, the fact that chain shock more or less must be taken now is the only reason I would use it at all, apart from needing to move.

Edit #2: I used to use barrage before Chain lightning for the same reason you did, but it procs so seldom now I switched it up. I'll have to pay closer attention to whether or not CL is eating both charges or if one is applying to both skills. Was more focused on not losing casts to fleet lag and may have missed that. I'll take a look later today and report back.

Diablo_Cow
02.25.2013 , 12:49 PM | #24
I'll go see about Chaos Nexus, looks like I glossed over it when I was filing out my skill tree. Given how often I use the Recklessness+Polarity shift combo the DPS loss could be either fully or fractionally from that.

EDIT: I think I need to go parse on the ship dummy. During my sorc parse I noticed a lot of lag and Affliction clipping. Its possible that my dps will go up then. If worse comes to worse I could try respeccing to madness to see how that compares. I did a similar length test on my pts sniper with the gear from vendors and without any optimization. The results were a 1900 dps which was shocking.

Based on those two parses I've come to the conclusion that I am facing hyperbole, my own mistakes, or a combination of the two. I am leaning towards my own mistakes and will have to work my rotations and look for a lag free environment.