Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Madness 2.0

Laforet
02.22.2013 , 10:15 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Elvandar View Post
I'm not sure exactly what has changed regarding force management, but it feels far less starved as full Madness.

If you are multi dotting sure you'll go OOF quickly. If you don't multi dot so much you wont run out of force, it's as simple as that. If you go ahead and stick to single target you'll find you shouldn't have any force issues even over long fights.
Its not as simple as that, to achieve full damage per gcd on a madness sorc, you have to be "opportunistic" and dot as much people as its reasonably possible (dotting the 8 players of the enemy team is idiotic, but you must pre dot anything that your team might switch too).

You also must do things like stopcasting FL channel to cast instant CD or LS if (AND ONLY IF FOR PETES SAKE) it procs after the gcd because instant CD / FL > damage per gcd than just letting FL tick, the same goes for shock if it gets outta CD after the first 1.5 seconds of casting FL.

So, to achieve respectable damage with madness you have to cast DF and CT almost on CD, let FL tick for 1 gcd only and wait for a proc to try to cast something instant and shock on cd.

If you do this, you will have decent sustained damage, but you will run OOF.

Spamming FL 24/7 makes you a force god, it also makes your damage suck.
Believer - Seer - Fatman - RETIRED

Some people once said i was arrogant. The state of sorc healing throught RotHC taught me humility. Bioware made me a better person.

Sosajoshua
02.22.2013 , 10:22 AM | #22
Did they cut down durations of dots and I not read that? If not, regular rotation seems fair to go about still. And I mean i understand what you mean with Wrath but at least for me the proc generates quick enough that I use LS in rotations now if Deathmark is still up and i still get the proc right after DN is gone to use CD. So i dont see a Wrath problem for sorcs like i see a RS proc problem for Pyros
<A Wretched Hive> Jedi Covenant Rhaegis, Madness Sorcerer / Youngdragon, Advanced Proto-tech / Kha'leesi, Engineering Sniper / Dragonbane, Vengence Juggernaut

veyl
02.22.2013 , 10:34 AM | #23
Everyone please remember to post your thoughts and suggestions in the PTS threads. Even though they've ignored our class feedback for the most part, getting our posts read possibly by someone who can DO something about it is very important and worth a shot.

Sosajoshua
02.26.2013 , 11:21 AM | #24
Did we get a DF hit increase? Just something that crossed my mind after remembering that I crit one for 5.7k against Dread Guards in TFBHM. I dont mind if we dont but hey if i could hit 6.5k (thats wishful thinking) that'd be fun!
<A Wretched Hive> Jedi Covenant Rhaegis, Madness Sorcerer / Youngdragon, Advanced Proto-tech / Kha'leesi, Engineering Sniper / Dragonbane, Vengence Juggernaut

darthgamer
02.26.2013 , 07:16 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by veyl View Post
Everyone please remember to post your thoughts and suggestions in the PTS threads. Even though they've ignored our class feedback for the most part, getting our posts read possibly by someone who can DO something about it is very important and worth a shot.
Ill beleive that when I'm high again give me a quick 20 minutes and ill be in that mode. lol j/k

Yea i really beleive 2.0 is the ugh oh crap we gotta do something with this class
Squadron 11-11-11

SEANeD
02.26.2013 , 07:21 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Monterone View Post
I don't think they're slight for madness in the least!

Just looking at this (I logged in to PTS to verify this):
http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-.../sorcerer/236/

Death Field now hits 5 targets! That's a big boost to dps... in addition Wrath now boosts damage by 35% instead of 20%. We lose the double Shock proc, but it's easy to still pick up. I may not though as it seems the high force cost Shock is less in our rotation now, and we have more reason to use Wrath for Lightning Strike instead of using a gcd for Shock, we'll see.

There are many other changes.
Don't pick up double shock proc. The damage, although instant, is not enough and the second shock shares a separate crit along with a its own charge of wrecklessness.

DarthZak
02.26.2013 , 07:27 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Laforet View Post
What changed in force management from 1.7 to 2.0?

You still go OOF faster than any other class in the game in "mid node" fights unless you intend to die and respawn every 2 minutes.
Alacrity now regens Force, 7min parse and I never ran even close to out of Force (lowest was like 60% iirc)
The Peacecraft Legacy
Elycia , Mariemaia , Minagoroshi

Laforet
02.26.2013 , 09:28 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthZak View Post
Alacrity now regens Force, 7min parse and I never ran even close to out of Force (lowest was like 60% iirc)
I see, my current gear on the PTS has insufficient alacrity then because im running dangerously OOF on duels with EWH gear.

Thx for the info.
Believer - Seer - Fatman - RETIRED

Some people once said i was arrogant. The state of sorc healing throught RotHC taught me humility. Bioware made me a better person.

DarthZak
02.27.2013 , 11:26 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Laforet View Post
I see, my current gear on the PTS has insufficient alacrity then because im running dangerously OOF on duels with EWH gear.

Thx for the info.
I was running with only a tiny bit so just pop in 2 or 3 alac enhancements and youre set
The Peacecraft Legacy
Elycia , Mariemaia , Minagoroshi

Sosajoshua
02.27.2013 , 11:30 AM | #30
Guess thats why they use Polarity Shift and Focal Lightning...like training wheels for lvling sorcs