Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Full Assassin 2.0 skill trees.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Full Assassin 2.0 skill trees.

majiinx
02.21.2013 , 12:22 PM | #1

CelestialsDragon
02.21.2013 , 06:46 PM | #2
holy ****...im excited but...im a bit upset at the fact they are getting rid of the ability to properly implement the Deception / Madness hybrid I.E: Mad Maul....

DarthKatt
02.22.2013 , 05:29 AM | #3
At first glance of the change in the Deception tree, I don't think there is going to be a change in either rotation nor any change in priority of powers. And while I wait for the PTS to finish downloading, I think this is how the standard Deception build for PVE is going to be. (7/36/3)

http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-...0000000&ver=20

My thoughts on why:
- The meat and potatoes of the current 1.7 build is still in 2.0 and those will be taken.
- Deception Assassins already use Lacerate for AoE mobs. So we might as well take the reduction in force and damage boost.
- And to get to Volcanic Slash, the single remaining point just before will probably go to Nerve Wracking.

Once I start playing with the PTS today, I will throw a more informed opion on. If anyone already on the PTS can confirm my suspicions that be great too.
OK guys, here's the plan....

Sunfire_
02.22.2013 , 05:58 AM | #4
I came up with a similiar spec to DarthKatt's, except I put the points of Electric Execution in Torment instead and the single point from Nerve Wracking in Insulation. I prefer to err on the side of caution

However I couldn't log into the PTR yet, so this is still pure theoretical musings.

JP_Legatus
02.22.2013 , 01:57 PM | #5
I think torment is going to be more important than electric execution now that it's easily accessible. All the current sin specs have force issues, except (if you take torment) deception. Full deception executes with no trouble if you go 5/36/5.
I haven't tried full deception without it though, so it may work. The amount of shocks you have to spam leaves me thinking it won't work though.
Plaje - 55 Assassin Sorcheals - 55 Sorcerer
TheHulkk - 55 Juggernaut Riksa - 55 Marauder
Ophealing - 55 Operative Lolsniper - 55 Sniper
Overpoweredtech - 29 Powertech The Bastion http://www.twitch.tv/plajje

ratiphi
02.22.2013 , 08:03 PM | #6
Please see this thread

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=602249

and sign if you agree. Thanks
50 Sith Assassin

Smuglebunny
02.25.2013 , 09:54 PM | #7
Seems to me like the 0/27/14 spec is still alive and well in the 0/32/14 2.0 spec...

Xienive
02.25.2013 , 09:57 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Smuglebunny View Post
Seems to me like the 0/27/14 spec is still alive and well in the 0/32/14 2.0 spec...
Haven't tested it myself but people that have tried it say it just won't work because your Surging charge just doesn't proc enough and discharge doesn't even do very much with the 3 max stacks.

It's a shame because this was my favorite spec...
No disintegrations!
As you wish...

DarthSylar
02.27.2013 , 10:42 AM | #9
For starters prior to 2.0, Low Slash had little to no value to PVE players, but we were forced to take it in order to get to Voltaic Slash. Ops bosses could not be stunned and we already should be behind them for when Maul procs. It had limited uses in solo play, but really only when we were questing with out our tank companion.

But when the new changes go live, low slash's ability to proc a seperate Maul, gives this ability a lot of value, assuming that it's usable on bosses (currently takes damage on a boss but with no stun, so it should still proc). However, my complaint with Low Slash now is how it complicates the rotation with it's high force cost. I think adding Low Slash to the abilities that grant induction/Circling Shadows would be great. That way the rotation stays the same and you could do Low Slash, Maul, Shock and still get the same value as VS, VS, Shock.

Also, and I think every Assassin and Shadow agree that Whirling edge is a waste of a talent. There just is no reason to do lacerate unless you r a tank wanting another AoE damage (assuming Whither and Dark Charge are on cooldown). Instead make that an ability that reduces the cost/cooldown of low slash. Up the cost to say 35 and each point reduces the cost by 5 (giving it the same value as Voltaic Slash) and reduces the cooldown by 3 secs.

Either that, or make Lacerate proc the extra Maul. We can't fit two new abilities in our rotation, it's either Low Slash or Lacerate, so for it to work, I really think we need one or the other to benefite from Induction AND Impose Weakness