Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

PVPing on a PVE Server


hobrogaming's Avatar


hobrogaming
02.21.2013 , 03:50 PM | #11
You spelled 'Scoundrel' wrong.
No, I was not surgically removed from Churb's side. Stop asking me that.

Krazy_Karl's Avatar


Krazy_Karl
02.21.2013 , 04:23 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Wookieenator View Post
Nobody queues against us anymore. We'll be reforming our ranked team for the pts once all the bugs are fixed.
Fixed.

Exploits do not exist on the PTS.

And honestly PvP should be the least of their worries. PvE balance is terribly out of whack again from what I have tested thus far. The PvP in this game has always been a joke and an afterthought and much of the PvP "balancing" in the game has been severely detrimental to PvE. And even after said "balancing" things like smash/sweep and stuns have basically made it unplayable.

Congratulations for choosing a PvE game to specialize in PvP. All the serious PvP players have long since quit and moved on to other games where PvP actually takes skill.

Regards,
KK
Try not. Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

Legendari's Avatar


Legendari
02.21.2013 , 06:30 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Wookieenator View Post
Nobody queues against us anymore. We'll be reforming our ranked team for the pts once all the exploits are fixed.
We've queued against you guys plenty and will be continuing to do so, but as far as I know, nobody has been doing any ranked while this event has been running. When I search for other PvP guilds, I usually just see 75%+ of the people on Illum.

As for the OP, of course lowbies on a PvE server are going to suck at PvP... what did you expect? It's not like they've become hardened PvPers through levels of being ganked mercilessly. Not to mention, you're using one of the most OP classes for lowbies, so of course you're going to be carrying teams of noobs. Having played on a PvP server, by the way, does not make you an expert at PvP. I'm sure there are players on POT5 who would make even our most garbage players look like all-stars.
<Wanted> The Shadowlands
Legend - 60 Assassin Explosith - 60 Powertech

countpopeula's Avatar


countpopeula
02.21.2013 , 07:23 PM | #14
Your argument is invalid, you're talking about lowbies. At endgame level in all games, players who PvP full time are all at the same level regardless of server dedication. There is a certain cap on how good players in a game with GCDs can be. Decision making at top end levels fluctuates from match to match the same as they do in any competitive event. Video games such as TOR make muscle memory reactions in combat important, as you have to be able to view the battlefield's big picture and read the other team's strategy rather than focus entirely on rotational counters. There is none of that in lowbies unless you have premade teams because most players don't know their rotations at that level nor do they understand warzone tactics.
Ranick
hmd MAGENTA

Hazaz's Avatar


Hazaz
02.21.2013 , 08:04 PM | #15
OP is cute. Pretentious and dishonest, but cute!
Friends don't let friends drink and forum post!

DeviantArt
HazazartSWTOR

kamikrazy's Avatar


kamikrazy
02.22.2013 , 08:04 AM | #16
Not to derail the thread further (but I will), WOOK will be trying to get some ranked together this weekend.

Back on topic... OP: have you played ANY multiplayer game where ALL the other players have been good and capable of rational thought? Maybe CoD and BF3 are bad examples because of their mainstream appeal, but more than half the players in any given server seem to focus more of their attention on breathing in and out than playing intelligently. The process of natural selection is a bit impeded in modern times.

SOULCASTER's Avatar


SOULCASTER
02.22.2013 , 10:25 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by kamikrazy View Post
Not to derail the thread further (but I will), WOOK will be trying to get some ranked together this weekend.

Back on topic... OP: have you played ANY multiplayer game where ALL the other players have been good and capable of rational thought? Maybe CoD and BF3 are bad examples because of their mainstream appeal, but more than half the players in any given server seem to focus more of their attention on breathing in and out than playing intelligently. The process of natural selection is a bit impeded in modern times.
I think this game suffers more than other MMOs or online games (I'm an 7 year SWG vet) in the fact that it has ONLY has objective based warzones as its PVP content. Couple that with the fact that this game heavily favors DPS and everyone just wants to jump into a pile of enemies with reckless abandon and top the DPS charts...means the objectives go to the wayside. Loses stockpile one after the other. People have NO idea what they are doing or who they are targetting or why. They just want to DPS and top charts (which they fail horribly at as well).

So i think swtor suffers more than other games in the pvp department because they don't have any other form of PVP besides these 8 on 8 warzones with random pick-up groups....
Soulcaster
www.twitch.tv/CidxPvP
Come watch me log on and hit the buttons that light up!

SlimjimSavage's Avatar


SlimjimSavage
02.22.2013 , 11:11 AM | #18
I will be trying to get <SITHIT> to do some ranked tonight. Hope to see you guys out there.

countpopeula's Avatar


countpopeula
02.22.2013 , 11:32 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by SOULCASTER View Post
I think this game suffers more than other MMOs or online games (I'm an 7 year SWG vet) in the fact that it has ONLY has objective based warzones as its PVP content. Couple that with the fact that this game heavily favors DPS and everyone just wants to jump into a pile of enemies with reckless abandon and top the DPS charts...means the objectives go to the wayside. Loses stockpile one after the other. People have NO idea what they are doing or who they are targetting or why. They just want to DPS and top charts (which they fail horribly at as well).

So i think swtor suffers more than other games in the pvp department because they don't have any other form of PVP besides these 8 on 8 warzones with random pick-up groups....
And what exactly was appealing about SWG ground PvP? The only objective in the original combat system was to dizzy/knockdown your opponent or apply mind fire pike DOTs. The CU/NGE combat was a laughable attempt to save the game by turning it into space WoW so don't bother referencing those. SWG was abojt who spent more credits on the best armor and weapons, or with Jedi fights who wore down force faster. Again, everything was dizzy/KD and doing as much damage as you could while the other flopped around like a fish. There was ZERO PvP content because SWG had ZERO content. It was a 100% sandbox game where the only PvP was what players made.

Now you have switched to saying TOR PvP sucks now that reasonable arguments have rendered your post null. If you want 100%skill based competative gameplay with no skill cap, play Starcraft. Otherwise get to 50 so we can kill you in our boxed up warzones you claim to be above yet still queue for or kindly show yourself the door.;
Ranick
hmd MAGENTA

adiwantinova's Avatar


adiwantinova
02.22.2013 , 12:10 PM | #20
^ they added the bases that produced the top quality heal / buff stims if they were held for a certain period of time (days).

I always thought MMOs missed the boat by not making factions control resources to produce weapons and armor through multiple planets being controlled.

Wish they could bring some of that into swtor.
ADI-WAN TINOVA
Adi-Wan, Sentinel | Theresee, Sage | Kahlvin, Guardian
The Shadowlands | <RotJ> | <Triumph>