Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2.0 Skill trees

Icebergy
02.22.2013 , 12:05 AM | #11
WOW they actually made the defense tree good! YAY!
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM, 2/10 HM
Jedi Covenant

JohraTon
02.22.2013 , 06:59 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonKorr View Post
This was what I was thinking for a build. Picks up what are (imo) the best new goodies in the tanking tree and the survivability should be unparalleled. Master Strike talent isn't necessary for a tank, and I miss momentum, but there's no way to get it anyway since it requires Shii-Cho. Expeditious Protector is a garbage talent, can't see it being helpful.

Depending on how things turn out, I'd be willing to move the 2 points from Guard and Thrust either to Accuracy, Improved Sundering Strike, or Swelling Winds. I'm thinking the Accuracy talent would probably be the best option, would allow to stack more defensive stats onto the gear since Absorb and Shield will finally be viable.

It all depends on how the gear ratings shape up, just have to wait and see.
Since I haven't had chance to test this stuff and I know you use similar gear, but is the current high HP and def rating stuff in use now thrown away in favour of shield/absorb gear?

Although looking at the trees it seems like it would suit a shien build for huttball.
Jedi Covenant
Rhigus - Juggernaut
<Deceptýcons>

Krayshawn
02.22.2013 , 08:33 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonKorr View Post
This was what I was thinking for a build. Picks up what are (imo) the best new goodies in the tanking tree and the survivability should be unparalleled. Master Strike talent isn't necessary for a tank, and I miss momentum, but there's no way to get it anyway since it requires Shii-Cho. Expeditious Protector is a garbage talent, can't see it being helpful.

Depending on how things turn out, I'd be willing to move the 2 points from Guard and Thrust either to Accuracy, Improved Sundering Strike, or Swelling Winds. I'm thinking the Accuracy talent would probably be the best option, would allow to stack more defensive stats onto the gear since Absorb and Shield will finally be viable.

It all depends on how the gear ratings shape up, just have to wait and see.
What do you think about the increased movement speed while guarding, is it a total waste? Guard and thrust might be cool, idk what would be the main use of it...
The Krayshawn Legacy:
Krayshawn - Vanguard El'Diablo - 29/12/0 Jug
Mufasa, GM : <Hakuna Matata> - Jedi Covenant

Icemerlin
02.22.2013 , 10:21 AM | #14
I don't understand why Bioware hates hybrid specs so much...and my smasher is only level 21...can anyone say if 2.0 will make smashers meh?
Officer of <Republic Gentlemen> Apply Here
/Dread Slayer/
Hurrican'e-Commando Healer/DPS Ty'phoon-Sage Healer/DPS
Tsunam'i-Scoundrel Healer/DPS

Sylvane
02.22.2013 , 10:27 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Icemerlin View Post
I don't understand why Bioware hates hybrid specs so much...and my smasher is only level 21...can anyone say if 2.0 will make smashers meh?
Smashers do more damage, they nerf the talents for it but buff the base damage and make smashing boost our other abilities damage, vicious slash also becomes a viable ability to use often as it got a nice buff.
JC
Sylvand-(Mando)<RG> / ăommander(Merc) <COBRA>
Sylvane-(Sorcerer) <COBRA>
Xńmot-(Jugg) <IBG>
Brohawk-(Sentinel)<RG> / MonkÚy-(Marauder)<N2G>

CristChiLu
02.22.2013 , 10:33 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Krayshawn View Post
What do you think about the increased movement speed while guarding, is it a total waste? Guard and thrust might be cool, idk what would be the main use of it...
If range on guard was 30m it would be worth it. I think its 15m?

Master Crist Due
Jedi Guardian
Bloodline

Krayshawn
02.22.2013 , 10:37 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Icemerlin View Post
We will need actualt testing to show if its true, but smasher potentialy have alot more sustained damage, on top of this, Shockwave still gives 100%, just over 3 stacks instead of 4, also force choke no longer grants stacks. But, this 3 stack method is potentially more powerful. A smasher will potentialy get all of their stacks (3) from a force crush before a good healer has time to react.

There is now new utility, for instance, obliterate can be used while immobilized, it can also cause an AoE snare. As xamot said, there is now the 9% buff to damage after smash, Slash now can cause extra force damage, Dark Resonance on live 1, causes 30%crit dmg bonus to FORCE, Now it has been reduced to 15% but it effects ALL SCOURCES OF DAMAGE. This could be huge for sustained damage. It will be interesting to see.
The Krayshawn Legacy:

Krayshawn
02.22.2013 , 10:39 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by CristChiLu View Post
If range on guard was 30m it would be worth it. I think its 15m?
The thing is, I can be guarding some one even if they are far way, I just wouldnt be taking their damage, If the effect applies, it could be usful in Huttball, or if a team is seperating you from your healer well.
The Krayshawn Legacy:

JohraTon
02.22.2013 , 10:57 AM | #19
Personally I like the idea of a movement speed increase. If someone pushes you out of guard range and intercede is on CD then a speed boost to get back to your guard is going to help.

I think I ended up with something like 37/7/2 when I had a play with the skill trees
Jedi Covenant
Rhigus - Juggernaut
<Deceptýcons>

CristChiLu
02.22.2013 , 11:00 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Krayshawn View Post
The thing is, I can be guarding some one even if they are far way, I just wouldnt be taking their damage, If the effect applies, it could be usful in Huttball, or if a team is seperating you from your healer well.
I'd assume if your out of range the speed proc because of damage affected it wouldn't kick it...or maybe it would like the armor set bonuses.

Master Crist Due
Jedi Guardian
Bloodline