Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2.0 Skill trees

Krayshawn
02.21.2013 , 10:46 AM | #1
Someone has taken the time to compile the new trees into a skill calculator.
There are still some bugs and wrong tooltips but here it is:
http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/
The Krayshawn Legacy:
Krayshawn - Vanguard El'Diablo - 29/12/0 Jug
Mufasa, GM : <Hakuna Matata> - Jedi Covenant

johnnyreece
02.21.2013 , 11:18 AM | #2
Thanks. I hadn't seen this yet. Looks like I'm going to have to go all madness, or all lightning, as they've pushed Electric Bindings WAAAAAY up the lightning tree...Unless they've given sorcs a root elsewhere. I reallly appreciate the useless talents I have to pick up to move up the trees now, too. Also, is polarity shift something we won't have to spec into anymore? I thought that was a lightning tree ability...

On second thought, it might be time to run to the sorc section of the forum.
Neldiahr, Sith Sorcerer Gibsenne, Imperial Operative
Neldienne, Powertech Smash'Kitteh, Meowauder

mhobin
02.21.2013 , 11:23 AM | #3
Losing instant force lift on Shadows is a bummer. Oh well Phase Walk FTW.

Hobi

CristChiLu
02.21.2013 , 12:04 PM | #4
My hybrid spec falls with 2.0.
unremitting in shien only.

Time to climb out the pit without the rope...

Master Crist Due
Jedi Guardian
Bloodline

TalonKorr
02.21.2013 , 12:51 PM | #5
I hear that Crist. Been debating a hybrid build for huttball only that involves switching to shien just before a leap, push, leap. But overall I like the look of the tank tree for Pvp. Was dueling earlier and felt like my output was much more significant as a tank, plus there's all kinds of little goodies for survivability the further you go in the tree. Now I just want to see what it can do with appropriate gear.
Flak / <Lethal Dose Fifty> / <LD-Fifty> - Jedi Covenant - Juggernaut
Retired: Adrams/Feesh/Cates/Grisha/Scuf/Michaleen

johnnyreece
02.21.2013 , 01:08 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by mhobin View Post
Losing instant force lift on Shadows is a bummer. Oh well Phase Walk FTW.

Hobi
Same for sorcs/sages. Although, we don't get the cool phase walk...

My op healer's happy though; don't have to spec into slip away for the speed bonus. Now we get to use it with shiv. So, that's pretty cool. And, the new talents in the op healing tree don't suck.

Oh, and bigger bonus: Alacrity should actually be useful now! Yay!
Neldiahr, Sith Sorcerer Gibsenne, Imperial Operative
Neldienne, Powertech Smash'Kitteh, Meowauder

Krayshawn
02.21.2013 , 02:33 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonKorr View Post
I hear that Crist. Been debating a hybrid build for huttball only that involves switching to shien just before a leap, push, leap. But overall I like the look of the tank tree for Pvp. Was dueling earlier and felt like my output was much more significant as a tank, plus there's all kinds of little goodies for survivability the further you go in the tree. Now I just want to see what it can do with appropriate gear.
I too was bummed out about the nerf top unremitting, being a 29/12. But that being said, then revised immortal tree looks very promising, they seem to have combined a lot of talents and added newer, more interesting ones. What is your take on the full tree?
The Krayshawn Legacy:
Krayshawn - Vanguard El'Diablo - 29/12/0 Jug
Mufasa, GM : <Hakuna Matata> - Jedi Covenant

CristChiLu
02.21.2013 , 02:53 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonKorr View Post
Pretty sure i could come up with something hybridish when its live, but a mixture of tank/dps gear with defense tree spec and flirting with the other trees will probably be the guardian's ideal pvp spec opposed to the dps branding.
like ~70% tank gear ~30% crit surge dps stuff.
http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-...0000000&ver=20
The guardian strike AOE knockdown...thats interesting if it translates to pvp.

focus just seems like they have too little to work with, vigilance will depend on how much the dots are boosted by gear and whether they can be neutralized with basic healers.

Master Crist Due
Jedi Guardian
Bloodline

TalonKorr
02.21.2013 , 08:23 PM | #9
This was what I was thinking for a build. Picks up what are (imo) the best new goodies in the tanking tree and the survivability should be unparalleled. Master Strike talent isn't necessary for a tank, and I miss momentum, but there's no way to get it anyway since it requires Shii-Cho. Expeditious Protector is a garbage talent, can't see it being helpful.

Depending on how things turn out, I'd be willing to move the 2 points from Guard and Thrust either to Accuracy, Improved Sundering Strike, or Swelling Winds. I'm thinking the Accuracy talent would probably be the best option, would allow to stack more defensive stats onto the gear since Absorb and Shield will finally be viable.

It all depends on how the gear ratings shape up, just have to wait and see.
Flak / <Lethal Dose Fifty> / <LD-Fifty> - Jedi Covenant - Juggernaut
Retired: Adrams/Feesh/Cates/Grisha/Scuf/Michaleen

JowyyKazza
02.21.2013 , 08:31 PM | #10
not only is shadow losing instant force lift but sage is as well, which kinda sucks for those oh noes moments, and i was watching a person stream a full vigilance guardian spec and he seemed to be doing good, so id imagine itll be nice, preparation at the top looks like an awesome skill to have
Jowyykazza of Valcyn/SWG
Jowyy of Canderous Ordo
I operate the fans.....OR WAS I PUSHED?!