Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tank Assassin Armor Rating Nerfed Again?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Tank Assassin Armor Rating Nerfed Again?

stephenalandavie
02.21.2013 , 11:11 AM | #11
Well i have end game shadow and Juggernaut there and i will say this the jugga far out rates the shadow in Tanking. Just bloody ridiculous SO the DPS gets Nerfed as does the Tanking Way to go Bw
Cersei Operative 60 Opness Scoundrel 60
Quabiedney Juggernaut 60 Capt-corelli Guardian 60
Martyn PT tank 60 TouchMyBehind Marauder 60
Big In Japan

Philastra
02.21.2013 , 11:18 AM | #12
Didn't they change the way sheild generators work?
It only takes one candle to scare away the dark, or just hire a Bounty Hunter....

Tankqull
02.21.2013 , 11:20 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Philastra View Post
Didn't they change the way sheild generators work?
they work different for jugg/guard vang/pt too - so why is the only affected tank the assa/shadow?

Philelectric
02.21.2013 , 11:24 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by prodigyqnz View Post
You have to play on PTS dont read and start making blind calculations.. My Shadow on PTS is still in old 146 rating gear.. and I have 5618 Armoring Rating and 32.64 Damage reduction. So imagine what it will be once i actually put on some gear fit for a Level 55.. Calculation formulas have been altered due to the level increase. Please stop speculating and complaining without having tried it.. The PTS is there so they can get feedback and get it right..
I dont want to break your bubble but technicaly a 146 rating gear is a lvl 61 gear and rating 150 is lvl 63 (just look at the armoring,mob,enhencement in your gear) so dont expect a new gear for 2.0
Guarding a healer is not only the job the the skill ''guard''. It is also your job to stay around the healer to be a plague for the people attacking the healer.

Altheran
02.21.2013 , 11:27 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Tankqull View Post
they work different for jugg/guard vang/pt too - so why is the only affected tank the assa/shadow?
+1 For this guy.

Quote: Originally Posted by Philelectric View Post
I dont want to break your bubble but technicaly a 146 rating gear is a lvl 61 gear and rating 150 is lvl 63 (just look at the armoring,mob,enhencement in your gear) so dont expect a new gear for 2.0
From what I've saw, lvl 55 gear has the same armor rate as current lvl 50 gear. They just have more stats on it (End, Will, Crit and such).

Tankqull
02.23.2013 , 11:27 AM | #16
it gets even more redicoulus - jugger/guard gets an ability granting 15% more armor...
they are already at ~55% dmg-mitigation... nearly 20% above assa/shadow values and still get even more?

Smashbrother
02.23.2013 , 11:50 AM | #17
How much does 20% more armor even increase your mitigation by anyways? Doesn't seem like that much.

Tankqull
02.23.2013 , 12:42 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
How much does 20% more armor even increase your mitigation by anyways? Doesn't seem like that much.
8-10%, with EWH armoring my mitigation drops from 39.54 to 31.18 while my guildmates guardian without the new 15% armor incresaementskill is at 52.25 with WH armoring...

Omnineechan
04.09.2013 , 02:08 PM | #19
Doesn't even seem right what they did to assassin tanks. In a 1v1 fight against ANY class/spec in PvP they will win against us (which unless they are a tank should be the case) but the SPEED at which I'm dying against ANY player is ridiculous. I can't come out of stealth and expect to survive more than 10 sec against 1 or more targets (without being ccd while I am ccing them) while a jugg in the same gear can survive against three ppl (what I USED to be able to do) for at least 20sec

SomeJagoff
04.09.2013 , 06:10 PM | #20
yeah, I'm taking 7k smashes on my assassin now, I may as well be a sorc.

It's too bad bioware deleted the 40+ page thread on this from the PTS forums.

Apparently the end result was this:

Base inquisitor/consular class: Armor rating nerfed by 25%

Assassin/Shadow tank spec: Armor rating nerfed by 20%

So a whopping 45% armor nerf.

So now in naked pvp (with max possible armor), my armor rating is like 6400, on 1.7, it was 6300. Vanguards/Guardians now? 10k armor.

So yeah, Assassins/Shadows aren't tanks, at least that's what Bioware figures. Why else would they give us a front facing maul in our TANK tree that doesn't even fit into our priority rotation?
Free Character Transfer & Other Goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/bgpK6G