Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Force Barrier is gonna be awesome.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Inquisitor > Sorcerer
Force Barrier is gonna be awesome.

Katszc
02.21.2013 , 07:56 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by veyl View Post
Mage's had a distinct advantage when using Iceblock that Sorc's do not have and that was Blink. Once the channeled spell is off, you are still going to be surrounded. IMO, the "phase walk" ability that Assassins got went to the wrong Advanced Class.
It did not, imo.

Teleporting like that sounds more like a stealthy, tactical move to me.
And I'm gonna love using it.

Then again, I come from Rift, where Rogues had that skill, and I only played Rogue there, well a skill very close to it (Actually, it's identical, only difference is, on Rift you use one skill to capture where you're currently standing, and one skill to teleport to the captured spot where you were standing.
Katszc - The Other Guys - Shadow
Tojiko - Hakuna Matat„ - Scoundrel
«rowberry - Hakuna Matat„ - Sage

Chemic_al
02.21.2013 , 08:01 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Cwild View Post
Force barrier is going to be amazing. It is useful in so many ways, I don't understand how you guys are not seeing this. You arent going to pop this ability and sit there for 10 seconds...unless you are solo defending then maybe it will be needed. This is manly to save your CC's, interrupt big hitters (ravage) fake out a smash, by yourself time for heals if your team is mezzed, lure bad players to hit you for no reason while others beat on them, give yourself time for your cooldowns to come back. Straight nasty skill

bads will be bads.
And those wishing to ignore the obvious will continue to do so. It completely misses the fundamental concerns with sorc pvp. Way too much set up, non existent burst and joke dots. This hasn't changed. All this does is keep you up for however long you got it channeled. Big deal.

Cwild
02.21.2013 , 08:09 AM | #23
In 2-3 months when everything is up and running, you will see and all of you will stop crying.

I also think operatives are going to be decent now.

Time will tell.

wwkingms
02.21.2013 , 08:40 AM | #24
whats the cd on barrier?
NIHIL

THE BASTION

Aetideus
02.21.2013 , 10:00 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by wwkingms View Post
whats the cd on barrier?
That is one of the serious posts imo.

AvengeAll
02.21.2013 , 12:11 PM | #26

I hope the DEV Guys are reading the forums. The sorcs have been nerfed so much and the DPS is joke. The changes proposed to sorcs are meaningless and will not help the class at all.

For a class that is supposedly inspired after the Emperor, Darth Vader would have thrown his lame back side down the vent shaft much sooner.

The two things sorcs are still good for is CC'ing and AOE with lightning storm. I wonder when that's going to be nerfed as well.

Bioware, is there any hope???? Throw us a bone.

Laforet
02.21.2013 , 01:48 PM | #27
Force Barrier is an awesome skill and we must not complain about it.

What we must complain about is that, with bubble stun and root kb gone for hybrid specs, they have oficially broken all of our "half competitive" spec hybrids specs for PvP.

What about full madness? Its suffering, no significant damage or burst boost and the loss of instant whirlind cc hurts madness badly.

With heal specs still sacrificing core skills for healing to get SELF bubble stun on hybrid TK, while full healing still being a number padding sitting duck and light still laughable at PvP, we start swtor 2.0 basically in the same situation of 1.7.

- None of our trees / hybrids have survivability up to par with any other AC out there, be them DPS or healers
- The lost of the instant whirl highlight on madness is going to hurt the "PvPability" of the spec, with no meaningful dmg buff, its prolly a net NERF
- Light tree is still a joke but now is hogging even more on the hybrids skills of annoyance, since root on KB are SELF ONLY bubble stun are harder to get
- Full heals does about the same healing as a scoundrel healer with less burst healing and about 1/10th of the survivability.

Force Barrier is a awesome adition to the class but were still a laughtable AC in the PTS.

Total results of 2.0 = Slight nerf to sorcs, already the worst AC in the game for PvP. With the removal of annoying bubble stun and root KB from hybrids we surely took the title of worst AC from comandoes. We are oficially the worst dps AC, worst survivability AC and probably the worst healing AC now that super bubble root KB healing is no longer possible.

Scum and villainy indeed.
Believer - Seer - Fatman - RETIRED

Jkelectronet Poledancer new healstar inc.

Aetideus
02.21.2013 , 02:01 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Laforet View Post
Force Barrier is an awesome skill and we must not complain about it.

What we must complain about is that, with bubble stun and root kb gone for hybrid specs, they have oficially broken all of our "half competitive" spec hybrids specs for PvP.

What about full madness? Its suffering, no significant damage or burst boost and the loss of instant whirlind cc hurts madness badly.

With heal specs still sacrificing core skills for healing to get SELF bubble stun on hybrid TK, while full healing still being a number padding sitting duck and light still laughable at PvP, we start swtor 2.0 basically in the same situation of 1.7.

- None of our trees / hybrids have survivability up to par with any other AC out there, be them DPS or healers
- The lost of the instant whirl highlight on madness is going to hurt the "PvPability" of the spec, with no meaningful dmg buff, its prolly a net NERF
- Light tree is still a joke but now is hogging even more on the hybrids skills of annoyance, since root on KB are SELF ONLY bubble stun are harder to get
- Full heals does about the same healing as a scoundrel healer with less burst healing and about 1/10th of the survivability.

Force Barrier is a awesome adition to the class but were still a laughtable AC in the PTS.

Total results of 2.0 = Slight nerf to sorcs, already the worst AC in the game for PvP. With the removal of annoying bubble stun and root KB from hybrids we surely took the title of worst AC from comandoes. We are oficially the worst dps AC, worst survivability AC and probably the worst healing AC now that super bubble root KB healing is no longer possible.

Scum and villainy indeed.
Seriously the dps is dead. Force Suffusion could make a decent damage (> 5000) and it is removed. Instant Whirlwind is removed. Any serious impact to PVP dmg is removed too. Force barrier will be huge for healers, but as damage spec will be laughable. Someone in BW hates this spec for Sorcerers.

AdrianDmitruk
02.21.2013 , 03:27 PM | #29
Hmm. I did some theory building while I wait for PTS to download.

Apparently Chain Lightning now has a talent to slow and possibly root affected targets. Can't tell about the root because swtor-spy mentions getting "immobilized for 0." But this talent is in the same tier as bubblestun so it might be an interesting replacement hybrid spec. We, would, however, have to actively manage the CL proc for when we need it instead of being able to instantly rely on rooting overload. Could be interesting, actually, and I intend on testing it.

This is what I came up with. It makes many of the same pure healing sacrifices that current bubblestunners make. I don't take the bubblestun itself because it got nerfed into oblivion, but I would have traded bubblestun for Force Barrier and everyone getting the alacrity/interrupt immunity cooldown currently in Lightning tree on live. I've had ample time and warning to prepare for the bubblestun nerf; it's losing the root on overload that concerns me, and I'm trying to figure out how to prepare for it.

http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-...0000000&ver=20
Adrian-Defense Guardian | Kerrik-Vigilance Guardian | Matari-Scoundrel Healer | Treston-Pyromaniac Vanguard | Eamen-Sage Healer
Kendrew-Op Healer | Andreus-Sorc Healer | Matarion-Juggernaut Smasher
The Makaryk Legacy of Healing to Full - Begeren Colony
The Heal to Full and Make Them Pay Show

Laforet
02.21.2013 , 03:50 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by AdrianDmitruk View Post
Hmm. I did some theory building while I wait for PTS to download.

Apparently Chain Lightning now has a talent to slow and possibly root affected targets. Can't tell about the root because swtor-spy mentions getting "immobilized for 0." But this talent is in the same tier as bubblestun so it might be an interesting replacement hybrid spec. We, would, however, have to actively manage the CL proc for when we need it instead of being able to instantly rely on rooting overload. Could be interesting, actually, and I intend on testing it.

This is what I came up with. It makes many of the same pure healing sacrifices that current bubblestunners make. I don't take the bubblestun itself because it got nerfed into oblivion, but I would have traded bubblestun for Force Barrier and everyone getting the alacrity/interrupt immunity cooldown currently in Lightning tree on live. I've had ample time and warning to prepare for the bubblestun nerf; it's losing the root on overload that concerns me, and I'm trying to figure out how to prepare for it.

http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-...0000000&ver=20
Your build is VERY interesting and looks like it can be the sucessor of the live healing hybrid.

Althought i think the sacrifices are too much and the gains are marginal. We lost backlash, we lost root on kback. Root on chain light IS interesting but also look at skills like twisted force.

With the DPS classes ramping their DPS up and the other healing classes getting their goodies, i dont know if the sacrifices / marginal gains of a hybrid sorc will actually be viable.

For example, without the bubble relief, will we be able to heal people who are getting bursted down without having a talent like twisted force, with DPS and healing ramping up overall, only time will tell, but i can see a net nerf, friendly bubble relief and root on Kback are just too good, they also are the only thing that makes us mildly competitive, and they are gone.
Believer - Seer - Fatman - RETIRED

Jkelectronet Poledancer new healstar inc.