Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2.0 Slingers

Tamanous
02.22.2013 , 03:48 PM | #11
People are so narrow minded. Slingers have all the attacks they could ever need. More utility is awesome.

Wake up to the potential tactics. I take it the OP is a pure pve player because increased stealth detection is so sweet I feel a cavity forming.

Athena-Nike
02.22.2013 , 04:26 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Tamanous View Post
People are so narrow minded. Slingers have all the attacks they could ever need. More utility is awesome.

Wake up to the potential tactics. I take it the OP is a pure pve player because increased stealth detection is so sweet I feel a cavity forming.
The OP said he was referring to PVE so ya he right. Slingers (and snipers) got nothing really useful for PvE other then 5 extra skill points to expand other trees. Very disappointing, not like Slingers were weak in PvP before so why exactly give them nothing but PvP skills?

xexex
02.23.2013 , 06:30 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Lightning_ View Post
There are 8 tiers now. So a full DF build will be x/x/36 now. No crazy hybrids.
After the 2.0 patch hybrid is the way to go for DF build.

Look here.
http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-...0000000&ver=20
What you get:
Contingency Charges now explode every half a second = great burst with SC/SS combo.
Arsonist!!! Moar DMG to XS and TG.
3 points for Sharpshooter as you now need your your points from yur stat bugdet otherwise.
With Alacrity changes you dont neet Nice Try anymore bacause you can spam your rotation faster!

With full DF you get many placeholder skills not needed in PvE (like Concussion and Hot Wired Defences) and loose all the nice things you can get with hybrid.
http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-...3200100&ver=20
Xanros Improved T3-M4

Tamanous
02.24.2013 , 07:58 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Athena-Nike View Post
The OP said he was referring to PVE so ya he right. Slingers (and snipers) got nothing really useful for PvE other then 5 extra skill points to expand other trees. Very disappointing, not like Slingers were weak in PvP before so why exactly give them nothing but PvP skills?
My point is that they need nothing more even with the extra levels. The changes to certain powers and the talent trees give plenty of new things for the class. This class already has a ton of damage abilities and any more simply couldn't be fit into rotations. Even Sab spec has had it's rotation tightened.

Many who talk about pve also only often consider end game raiding as pve. The new roll can be utilized in many ways from the time you can train it all the way up until end game raiding. I view it as a repossession tool more than an escape.

There are more than enough changes to an already solid class.

JustinxDuff
02.25.2013 , 09:21 AM | #15
Who cares, PvE sucks.
Bluntasaurus - Gunslinger - Ewoks Anonyous
Bluntskii - Sentinel - Ewoks Anonymous
Prophecy of the Five
Push the envelope, watch it bend

Tamanous
02.25.2013 , 05:19 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by JustinxDuff View Post
Who cares, PvE sucks.
Thanks for your opinion. Your contribution to all aspects of this conversation and it's impact on the community in general has been noted.

Khevar
02.26.2013 , 07:53 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by JustinxDuff View Post
Who cares, I suck at PvE.
That's too bad, you should practice some more. Honestly, it's not that hard.

Arehonn
02.28.2013 , 03:45 AM | #18
There's a lot of subtle changes to the Dirty Fighting tree. For instance, Shrapnel Bomb will now hit 5 targets instead of 3. Couple of nerfs too, with Dirty Escape no longer granting movement speed when using Dirty Kick ( instead moved to Holdout Defense box when using Blaster Whip ). Cheap Shots no longer increases Quickdraw damage; instead, it's Charged Burst ( to go along with Speed Shot and Wounding Shots as it did before ).
SEV - plasmatech / BOSS - shieldtech / SCORCH - gunnery / FIXER - medic

DELTA SQUAD

NoTomorrow
02.28.2013 , 03:53 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Arehonn View Post
There's a lot of subtle changes to the Dirty Fighting tree. For instance, Shrapnel Bomb will now hit 5 targets instead of 3. Couple of nerfs too, with Dirty Escape no longer granting movement speed when using Dirty Kick ( instead moved to Holdout Defense box when using Blaster Whip ).
it's actually a buff, your blaster whip is on a 6s CD compared to dirty kick 30s. You can have that speed buff much more often.

I am not sure how final is the sharpnel bomb version in 2.0. There is a chance that they will change it before the release. It's too many buffs per one ability.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

Wanchope
02.28.2013 , 12:21 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Arehonn View Post
There's a lot of subtle changes to the Dirty Fighting tree. For instance, Shrapnel Bomb will now hit 5 targets instead of 3. .
I had totally missed that, so thanks. Not gonna help on Ops boss fights, but will help in PVP and trash mobs a lot... you get Sharp bomb on 5 people and I would think you are basically gonna be energy positive for 10+ GCDs no matter what you do.

I'm also surprised nobody is excited about the DF talent with will proc quickdraw. That seems like a big deal to me.