Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2.0 Slingers

miglor
02.20.2013 , 06:53 PM | #1
I don't know about you guys, but looks like we got the shaft in terms of new abilities and usefulness for PVE.

1 - Stealth detection...woopiedoo
2 - Roll around like an idiot ... right into a puddle of off the cliff...sounds awesome

All the other minor changes is hardly anything exciting.

At least Scoundrels go an energy regen boost. *** happened to us? guess we're too OP and they need to nerf us relative to Maras/Sents that got a nice boost.

Sokee
02.21.2013 , 01:29 AM | #2
Yeah for pve it's not to mind blowing.

RichardSkywalk
02.21.2013 , 05:32 AM | #3
i agree i see no new abilitys for us as far as damge goes, but if the tree go untouched with 5 extra skill points i see some amazing hybrid's out there that could make us crazy, im looking at a 2/13/31 that could be nasty. we will see tho

dinwitt
02.21.2013 , 06:47 AM | #4
I was popping over from the Sniper forums to see if anyone had more info from a mirror perspective, when I see all this unwarranted negativity. There's some crazy cool changes to the talent trees, especially Sharpshooter. Taken from http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=600616 and ability names swapped. Please forgive me if I translate some of the skill names incorrectly.

Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
a few details:
1. ballistic dampers and cover screen switched places. You can get BD with full lethality while having access to cunning 9% and +10 energy
2. rapid fire is 1 pt only! with 1 point you reduce the aimed shot and speed shot CD by 3s.
3. you can basically proc trickshot after everything, and that everything will reset the trickshot proc, you will never ever have to wait for 6s trickshot CD, because Aimed Shot, full Speed Shot cast (which will be 2,1s in Sharpshooter now without any alacrity stuff), 2 charged bursts, they will all reset the CD on Trickshot, and proc it.
3. Reactive shot is a flat aimed shot 1s faster activation. No more proc system.
4. Trickshot makes your next 2 charged bursts cheaper (so you can 2 charged burst and reset Trickshot), bye bye filler attacks like vital shot.
5. YOU GET +10% ARMOR PENETRATION ON EVERYTHING, it's attached to the talent that improves the crit to charged bursts.
I don't know if the other trees also got the same workaround as I'm almost exclusively Marksmanship and Sharpshooter on my Sniper and Gunslinger, but just the new Recoil Control will completely change how those trees play and gear. Hello alacrity, and maybe even some Aim mods.

Lightning_
02.21.2013 , 07:25 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by RichardSkywalk View Post
i agree i see no new abilitys for us as far as damge goes, but if the tree go untouched with 5 extra skill points i see some amazing hybrid's out there that could make us crazy, im looking at a 2/13/31 that could be nasty. we will see tho
There are 8 tiers now. So a full DF build will be x/x/36 now. No crazy hybrids.

Ardarell_Solo
02.21.2013 , 09:47 AM | #6
Hey you lucky b***ds having access to PTS - I just can't get access from Germany with my slinger.

I'm running 2-16-23 hybrid and I'm DYING to see the new skill trees. Used to play pure Sharpshooter, took me weeks of practice to finally master rotation and energy management as hybrid. But once I got that straight, the build is soooo much fun and I'd really like to sustain it for 2.0 if that's possible/viable.

So here's a big request: Could you acutally post the new talent trees here (or maybe just talents that have changed function or positions?) I haven't found any detailed information regarding changes to the sabotage tree e.g. and to design an extended hybrid build I obviously need to see the changes in all three trees.

Thanks a lot for your effort, if somebody is willing to do that.

Greetz from Germany, fellow US-Slingers!
El'ethon (Sentinel) | Rickmyron (Gunslinger) | Alreegan (Sage) | Vayus (Guardian)
Dacs (Commando) | Troř (Vanguard) | Craeg (Scoundrel)
<Taking the Jawas to Alderaan> <- rDDs gesucht! Gerne bewerben! (T3-M4)
I'd be honored if you check my Watchman / Annihilation PVE Guide

JustinxDuff
02.21.2013 , 10:16 AM | #7
These changes are going to be amazing for PvP. I cannot wait!
Bluntasaurus - Gunslinger - Ewoks Anonyous
Bluntskii - Sentinel - Ewoks Anonymous
Prophecy of the Five
Push the envelope, watch it bend

Plikk
02.21.2013 , 02:02 PM | #8
For people who are curious about the new trees:

http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/

Marak
02.22.2013 , 04:52 AM | #9
For what it's worth we still parse very well. And I am enjoying both full SS and full DF over their live incarnations-- especially SS.

Regen is so good right now. I barely have to pay attention to it.
Cag - Juggernaut | V'ae - Sorcerer | V'ay - Mercenary
<The Jyse Legacy (50)> | Jedi Covenant
Aenik - Assassin | Vhay - Operative | K'rie - Sniper | Vhae - Marauder

bjbm
02.22.2013 , 02:10 PM | #10
I'm hearing of parses of 2500-2600. I've been playing both a hybrid sniper and slinger for awhile and can achieve 2000-2050 on 1.7 consistently on both toons. But for the life of me I can't get anywhere near 2500. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Tried both hybrid and pure lethality on both 50 and 55 dummies. Tried it with 4 piece PVE and 2x2 PVE/PVP bonus. Anyone want to share rotations and tips with PTS?
Tineye (PT) | Lanfir (Sniper) | Ly'chee (Op) | Syduriel (Jug) | Psylan (Sorc) | Ninpo (Mara) | Atium (Merc) | Kit'ai (Sin)
Man'go (VG) | Durios (Slinger) | Longan (Scoundrel)

- H A T E R A D E -