Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

***????? JK losing two DAMAGE abilites?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Guardian / Juggernaut
***????? JK losing two DAMAGE abilites?

Slivovidze's Avatar


Slivovidze
02.21.2013 , 04:18 PM | #21
I love them and use them all the time. And on Sage, the Tumult is also awesome animation.

But well, I guess they won't break my gameplay.

ChicksDigHarleys's Avatar


ChicksDigHarleys
02.21.2013 , 05:11 PM | #22
Sigh...

More nerfage to the gimpest tank in the game. I used these abilities on silver trash in dailies all the time. Are they not going to be happy until no one plays a guard tank?
You are playing a frickin video game.
You are not hardcore by any reasonable definition.

wainot-keel's Avatar


wainot-keel
02.21.2013 , 05:33 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
Since the classes work perfectly fine *without* trash compactors (as evidenced by all of the people that never touch them), removing them will have no real negative effect
Well, thanks for considering the people who do use them and enjoy use them on their daily play as non-existant.
But you're wrong. At the very least, it'll be less fun. Less fun it's a real negative effect.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
(barring a few trash compactor loyalists
What the heck is this ?
I don't know if I should respond with a snark or actual annoyance.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
who use them while doing dailies even though it has no real impact on their performance; seriously, if an enemy can be killed by a trash compactor attack, you could've killed it with any 2 GCDs really).
So there are other useful ways to kill trash. Now there will be one less. That's a loss. Clearly not for you. You're safe in the "majority".

I like these abilities, they're fun to use, they're useful, they look cool.

Stridentzephon's Avatar


Stridentzephon
02.21.2013 , 08:06 PM | #24
The statement was not intended to be OMG its gone, What ever will i do?? And was not "They are pointless" The fact is that they ARE attacks how ever small or large. Who cares if it gets updated or if you use them. From a DPS standpoint you use all attacks usable. End of story. No matter if its on weak mobs or weakest. If you spec into the abilities they are usable in PVP and stuns players. Both attacks with a DPS build do 3k-5k damage in blunt damage. The second fact that if you take two actions away, give us at least one ATTACK that does not and is not effected like both of those attacks required. Many have stated they did not use them because of either the enemy needed to be stunned or impaired to even toggle us to use them. As many others said it is a open to a rotation after force leap. It has its usefulness. And lastly who cares about devs having to make the animation for the attack. ITS ALREADY IN THE GAME NOW. So as others said it does not effect anyone that does not use it, IT EFFECTS ALL THAT DO USE IT.
The force can only guide you, using the force is up to the user to see its true purpose.........

Cognar's Avatar


Cognar
02.25.2013 , 08:52 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Soapland View Post
I personally don't ever use them, so couldn't care less. If all you do are fps/ops and pvp, they're useless.
I guess that explains why I have never seen them lit. I mostly PVP lol. Was beginning to wonder if the Knight even had a trigger for them rofl.

Draqsko's Avatar


Draqsko
02.27.2013 , 05:17 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Cognar View Post
I guess that explains why I have never seen them lit. I mostly PVP lol. Was beginning to wonder if the Knight even had a trigger for them rofl.
I've seen them lit before, but by the time I could hit them, the mob died to a Sage's melee attack.. After that I removed them from my hotkeys.

True Story

Uvirith's Avatar


Uvirith
03.20.2013 , 08:18 AM | #27
The bad thing is, te animations are actually among the coolest inthe whole game. I wishthey would implement them elsewhere.
Uviryth Hammerhand, Kinetic Combat-Shadow
<Founder>

scottberg's Avatar


scottberg
03.27.2013 , 03:49 PM | #28
I always liked pummel strike. I used it frequently with my Jugg, it looked cool smashing some trash mob on the side of the head and see them crumple over dead like I just broke their neck.

YoshiRaphElan's Avatar


YoshiRaphElan
03.27.2013 , 05:07 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
Because no one ever used them. All of the Opportune Attack/Pommel Strike type attacks for *all* classes are being removed because they're almost entirely unused. At best, people used them once or twice just to see what they looked like.
I use them every time I fight! Force leap -> opportune strike -> Force sweep -> pommel strike. Seriously, I'm sad now. I just heard about this.

Wanchope's Avatar


Wanchope
03.29.2013 , 07:29 AM | #30
I fall into the 'I used them regularly' camp. In fact, I probably used them on my gunslinger more than on my Knight. Having said that, I'm not really going to miss them all that much. And it frees up a couple of key binds for me.