Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

***????? JK losing two DAMAGE abilites?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Guardian / Juggernaut
***????? JK losing two DAMAGE abilites?

Stridentzephon
02.20.2013 , 06:14 PM | #1
Seriously????? Two attacks that do us damage and they are being taken away without giving something to replace them? Some may say they are kinda useless but for guardians, its a DAMAGE attack. Why do we get cut two damage abilities without something that replaces it?-
The force can only guide you, using the force is up to the user to see its true purpose.........

Kitru
02.20.2013 , 06:30 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Stridentzephon View Post
its a DAMAGE attack. Why do we get cut two damage abilities without something that replaces it?-
Because no one ever used them. All of the Opportune Attack/Pommel Strike type attacks for *all* classes are being removed because they're almost entirely unused. At best, people used them once or twice just to see what they looked like.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

Roarack
02.20.2013 , 06:35 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
Because no one ever used them. All of the Opportune Attack/Pommel Strike type attacks for *all* classes are being removed because they're almost entirely unused. At best, people used them once or twice just to see what they looked like.
Really? I use them all the time. Only reason I don't use them more is the super long cd on the one that requires a stun. I love the slow one (opportune strick I think?) bc I can use it after every leap

Kawabonga
02.20.2013 , 06:35 PM | #4
two useless abilities that can be used only on silver/weak stunned/slowed mobs... oh no what are we gonna do?

ArenCordial
02.20.2013 , 06:39 PM | #5
They were really useful in doing dailies for me, so I'm a little bummed. On the bright side though that helps with less keybinds.

wainot-keel
02.20.2013 , 09:00 PM | #6
Yup, I use Savage Kick (don't know the republic name, lol), the one with the short cooldown, all the time for trash mobs / dailies, since Leap (I do know that one :P) will set the state on target for it.
A shame, I'll miss it. It's a strong hit with no cost. Of course, no use for a boss, but so what ? What would be the "unbalance" or whatever of leaving them on the game ?

Alec_Fortescue
02.21.2013 , 01:05 AM | #7
Speak for yourself. Those were ultimate trash killers and time-savers when doing daily quests / flashpoints! Pommel strike and savage kick one-shots normal trash mob easily.
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=788459&page=2 - Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

Soapland
02.21.2013 , 01:06 AM | #8
I personally don't ever use them, so couldn't care less. If all you do are fps/ops and pvp, they're useless.

Kitru
02.21.2013 , 01:20 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Speak for yourself. Those were ultimate trash killers and time-savers when doing daily quests / flashpoints! Pommel strike and savage kick one-shots normal trash mob easily.
You can be pretty sure that the devs did a healthy bit of datamining before deciding to remove those abilities, and I'm willing to make a bet that the "trash compactor" attacks saw virtually negligible use, which is why the devs are removing them. Sure, there are a few players that use them, but, even then, those players barely use them (re: when doing dailies). Those abilities can be removed without affecting 99.99% of the actual game population so there's no reason other than artefactual persistence in keeping them around.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

jupezz
02.21.2013 , 03:28 AM | #10
You can be pretty sure that the devs did a healthy bit of datamining before deciding to remove those abilities, and I'm willing to make a bet that the "trash compactor" attacks saw virtually negligible use, which is why the devs are removing them. Sure, there are a few players that use them, but, even then, those players barely use them (re: when doing dailies). Those abilities can be removed without affecting 99.99% of the actual game population so there's no reason other than artefactual persistence in keeping them around.
This.
They are nice while doing dailies and leveling an alt, but that's it. I'm sure as hell not gonna miss them.