Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So...Assassin changes in 2.0

Zaxem
02.21.2013 , 03:20 AM | #21
idc if deception got nerferd still gonna play it over madness for pve i like deception alot more
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.-Through passion, I gain strength.Through strength, I gain power.Through power, I gain victory.Through victory, my chains are broken.The Force shall free me 55 Juggernaut55 Assassin 50 Sniper 55 Mercenary50 Guardian55 Marauder

NoTomorrow
02.21.2013 , 06:09 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by rmitchell View Post
snipers cant hide, if a team does a good switch from say the middle node in tcw to the opponents off node a sniper will get destroyed.
That is the job of the main team to identify when the enemy attempts a node switch. The idea is, that before snipers could be caught flatfooted by stealthers coming to ninja. 1vs1 with the ability to deny the stealther's opening on the sniper, leaves room for a very decent 1vs1 sniper survivability, if not even outright killing the assassin attempting to 1vs1, goven how mich higher the sniper skill ceiling will become in 2.0 now.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

cycao
02.21.2013 , 06:56 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
That is the job of the main team to identify when the enemy attempts a node switch. The idea is, that before snipers could be caught flatfooted by stealthers coming to ninja. 1vs1 with the ability to deny the stealther's opening on the sniper, leaves room for a very decent 1vs1 sniper survivability, if not even outright killing the assassin attempting to 1vs1, goven how mich higher the sniper skill ceiling will become in 2.0 now.
I still cannot believe that they gave snipers this ability...its like they do not want them to have a counter.

thefishdude
02.21.2013 , 07:22 AM | #24
While Phase Walk seems to be a great utility ability, but they basically nerfed the Hybrid Sin Tank and Deception from the looks of it. However, Juggs and Mara's got over the top new abilities. Juggs got Force Shroud on steroids and Mara's got a new 30 m cone attack that both damages & slows targets . Guess those classes were under-powered (hard to say that with a straight face)
Forum Warrior Apprentice

cycao
02.21.2013 , 07:34 AM | #25
I should just go home sick and do some testing...though I am leaning towards madness still as my go to spec but I honestly do not know.

spond
02.21.2013 , 08:13 AM | #26
I hope the changes to deception allow the class to do more sustained DPS; even if it comes at the expense of some burst.

I had to switch to Madness because the increased amount of DPS after the first to second rotation was too high to ignore. Plus, I play madness fairly well.

To the PTS to test things out.

Anishor
02.21.2013 , 08:55 AM | #27
Well to be fair they did nerf the crap out of the hybrid immortal vengeance spec. Unstoppable only works in Shien now.

I still think Deception sins will have a place in ranked because our skills will help burst more than other classes. Just kind of going to be boring since all our dmg is gonna be around mauling and discharge. I think with alacrity we'll be able to keep pretty decent dps. I think on whole most of the fights are gonna be a lot longer since you'll notice most of the low endurance high power enchantments are gone from the new sets.

You'll still see a few ppl run around in hybrid darkness/madness, but meh the top tier talents in darkness are pretty useful now.
Nightlife, Ebon Hawk Server

Sranishor, Warden
( Jugg/Guard ) ( Mara/Sent )
"For the best party you've ever had.."

cycao
02.21.2013 , 09:03 AM | #28
The one thing I can say is awesome about the changes is how much panic phase walk is causing...they already want it removed from the game lol.

NoTomorrow
02.21.2013 , 09:06 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
The one thing I can say is awesome about the changes is how much panic phase walk is causing...they already want it removed from the game lol.
you should see the massive **** storm the new sniper stealth detection has provoked, which by the way is easily counterable by concealment and detection and any stealther with a brain.

Here is how you counter the new 30 stacks of stealth detection snipers:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=601081

You only need to come withing 15m range from them with Sneak and +5 stealth talent, then force speed behind them and quickly open with spike or just any opener you would prefer.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

cycao
02.21.2013 , 10:01 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
you should see the massive **** storm the new sniper stealth detection has provoked, which by the way is easily counterable by concealment and detection and any stealther with a brain.

Here is how you counter the new 30 stacks of stealth detection snipers:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=601081

You only need to come withing 15m range from them with Sneak and +5 stealth talent, then force speed behind them and quickly open with spike or just any opener you would prefer.
Well that's how I kinda see it. While I lose whatever surprise I have I should be able to get into melee range with force speed which I guess I can live with.