Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So...Assassin changes in 2.0

cycao
02.20.2013 , 05:49 PM | #1
Assassin
-A new ability, Phase Walk, has been added. Phase Walk allows the Assassin to place a mark that can be instantly returned to at a later time, after which Phase Walk goes on cooldown. This ability is usable in stealth mode and trainable at level 51.
-All abilities that formerly required a double-bladed Lightsaber may now be performed with an Electrostaff.
-Guard: Crowd control effects that break on damage will no longer break from damage redirected through Guard. For example, a blinded guarder will no longer be broken out of the blind from damage dealt to a guarded target within guard range.
-Guard: Effects that are triggered through dealing damage which affect a target who is guarded will no longer also affect the guarder.
-Discharge (Lightning) no longer has a cooldown. Discharge (Dark) now has a 6 second cooldown. Discharge (Surging) has been redesigned. This ability is now only usable with one or more Static Charge, which builds when Surging Charge triggers. Discharge (Surging) deals more damage per Static Charge consumed. Discharge (Surging) no longer has a cooldown.
-Overcharge Saber now additionally increases the chance to trigger Saber Charges by 35% and now heals players for 15% of max health when used.
-A new ability, Phase Walk, has been added. Phase Walk allows the Assassin to place a mark that can be instantly returned to at a later time, after which Phase Walk goes on cooldown. Usable in stealth mode. Trainable at level 51.

Darkness
-Dark Ward no longer has a Force cost and now has a 15-second cooldown.

Deception
-Surging Charge can now only trigger once every 4.5 seconds and deals significantly more damage. In addition, when it triggers it builds 1 stack of Static Charge. Static Charge is consumed by Discharge to deal additional damage.
-Voltaic Slash no longer increases the damage dealt by Shock. Instead, this ability stacks up to 2 times and builds Voltage, which gives Shock a 50% chance per stack to automatically trigger Surging Charge and bypass its rate limit.

Madness (Assassin)
-Creeping Terror's damage has been slightly increased.

MasterFeign
02.20.2013 , 06:48 PM | #2
What'll be interesting to see, is if, for example, you are being ravaged by a carnage marauder, and because of their ability, you are being mezzed, so you can't move etc. If you have most everything on cooldown to mitigate this damage, I wonder if you could use the teleport ability on the spot, to avoid the damage. It's similar to using your in combat stealth ability while being ravaged. The purpose is for the ravage ability to stop.

Philelectric
02.20.2013 , 07:19 PM | #3
imo this Discharge (Surging) has been redesigned. This ability is now only usable with one or more Static Charge, which builds when Surging Charge triggers. Discharge (Surging) deals more damage per Static Charge consumed. Discharge (Surging) no longer has a cooldown.

is very disgusting

edit: this is horrible too : Deception
-Surging Charge can now only trigger once every 4.5 seconds and deals significantly more damage. In addition, when it triggers it builds 1 stack of Static Charge. Static Charge is consumed by Discharge to deal additional damage.
-Voltaic Slash no longer increases the damage dealt by Shock. Instead, this ability stacks up to 2 times and builds Voltage, which gives Shock a 50% chance per stack to automatically trigger Surging Charge and bypass its rate limit.

edit 2 : I guess the deception hybrid will be the ''fun'' build to play for me...I like the actual deception better.

However, I cant have a final opinion untill I try the new deception...
Guarding a healer is not only the job the the skill ''guard''. It is also your job to stay around the healer to be a plague for the people attacking the healer.

cycao
02.20.2013 , 07:39 PM | #4
Well I am downloading the PTS now (30 minutes in only 8gigs to go) so hopefully ill be able to toy around with the changes tonight.

Philelectric
02.20.2013 , 07:41 PM | #5
Please oh please dear Cycao I want your opinion on the new deception. It looks terrible right now and I hope I'm wrong.

edit: You might want to change the title of this thread lol. we are talking about 2.0 and not 1.2 XD
Guarding a healer is not only the job the the skill ''guard''. It is also your job to stay around the healer to be a plague for the people attacking the healer.

cycao
02.20.2013 , 08:06 PM | #6
Ah crap having issues with my browser ill get around to editing the title mah bad.

Okema
02.20.2013 , 08:14 PM | #7
I haven't played on the PTS yet, but the assassin changes don't look too good compared to what I heard, especially compared to what the other classes got in terms of defensive CDs (also the TTK goes way up imo; higher expertise, changes in alacrity etc.). The phase walk thing is fun and nice, but I don't think it offers the utility needed to make DPS assassins viable. Also I'm hearing that they decreased crit a lot, making alacrity a must, means you really need to get CS to put out discharges fast enough.

Also, no more instant-force lift. With reduced crit if it's really true, the darkness-hybrid might be dead too. With the defensive stats finally working, guess what assassin's job will be from now on...

Soull
02.20.2013 , 08:17 PM | #8
i dislike the changes to voltaic strike, as well. but if they FINALLY fix assassin's training to actually increase the damage shock does by 25% (it doesn't work now, and hasn't worked since launch), it might not be so bad.

the changes to discharge with surging charge active, i have mixed feelings about. if we can get 3 stacks of static charges up relatively quick, then great. if it also increases discharge damage at the same value that 5 stacks does now, fantastic. nerfing either the rate at which stacks occur or the damage a full stack does will be disheartening, though.

Xethis
02.20.2013 , 09:01 PM | #9
I want to talk about Phase Walk. The way I read it is basically like the Shadow Step Rogue ability from WoW, but you have to aim it. Not sure I like this as only being able to open on people. Hopefully there are new abilities in our talent trees that have something to do with this. The way it sounds is its only useable from stealth so you can't use it as a kite breaker. Maybe you can Vanish then use it for some wicked escape potential. Or closing extreme gaps to interrupt a cap. Like 60m away you can Sprint, Phase Walk, then Deathfield that last 30m. lol that will be fun. IDK, we will see.

Philelectric
02.20.2013 , 09:04 PM | #10
the way I feel about the change to deception and hybrid is: Hey you like to play ''X'' type of character and sometimes ''Y'' so you will like how ''Y'' is dead and ''X'' is now ''Z''