Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sniper 2.0 PTS!

paowee
03.07.2013 , 01:36 PM | #361
On the 2pc PVP bonus, yes they are tied to the WH armorings in LIVE. However I am using the 2pc Battlemaster shell because I had one saved from before they were removed from the game. Placing the arkanian PVE armoring into them in the PTS removed the pvp bonus. What I am using right now in the PTS is basically a crafted 63 armoring placed on the battlemaster shell.

If I use live's WH armorings i end up with lower cunning.
If I use Campaign/Arkanian pve armorings it removes the 2pc pvp bonus.
The best choice then would be a 63 level crafted armoring that I am using in live. Come 2.0 i will try see if a crafted 69 or 72 armoring will let me keep the 2pc pvp bonus. If not I will keep on using the 63 crafted armoring to retain my pvp bonus.

My latest feedback:
IMO Marauder (any spec) > MM Sniper.
Marauder vs DoT spec sniper.. still up in the air for me (as im mostly on adds. And for those i respec MM.
Engi sniper = absolutely OP for Arena or titan-boss (due to big hit circles). I was able to do competitive DPS last night despite running in with an impromptu rotation.

Last night's HMS&V:
  1. Dashroode = was ENGI. Died , boss downed. (Engi's a bit tricky in this fight due to the knockback and it will depend largely on your raid's positioning of the boss. It's hit circle isn't as big as Titan or Arena boss but there are a lot of adds for you to AoE.
  2. Titan 6 = was ENGI. Died, was res'd , boss downed.
  3. Arena dinosaur boss = was ENGI, #1. Marauders were on add duty up top
  4. City boss = was MM, #2 behind Marauder (adds for final boss fight hits hard and must be killed as fast as you can. I speccd MM simply because it is easier on target switches)
  5. Puzzle boss = was MM #1 for 2nd floor and 1st floor before boss. #2 behind Marauder in 2nd floor boss phase.
  6. Council bosses = was Hybrid, #1 (no adds to target switch to)
  7. Kell Dragon / Last boss = was MM #2, behind Marauder

The parse is in the previous page but it is messy and does not include all the fights (and boss names). Engi really interests me now and I will test it out more in raids

On another note, I feel that this thread should have been on the PTS forums and we do have a lot of feedback... Anyone think it is a good idea to copy the OP into the PTS? The original post has a lot of feedback from players (spoiler tag) and it should be good info for the Devs (in the hopes that they sift through all those).
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

SalBasss
03.07.2013 , 05:06 PM | #362
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
On another note, I feel that this thread should have been on the PTS forums and we do have a lot of feedback... Anyone think it is a good idea to copy the OP into the PTS? The original post has a lot of feedback from players (spoiler tag) and it should be good info for the Devs (in the hopes that they sift through all those).
As a daily lurker in this thread, I think it's a great idea. It can't hurt

paowee
03.07.2013 , 05:39 PM | #363
Quote: Originally Posted by SalBasss View Post
As a daily lurker in this thread, I think it's a great idea. It can't hurt
Reposted for thepowers that be: PTS > Consolidated feedback / player findings from the Sniper forums

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=608424

paowee
03.08.2013 , 12:03 AM | #364
Been playing around Full Engineer and... http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...73#post5967773

At L55 with 1313 Power

1 stack ticks for 82
2 stacks tick for 165
3 stacks tick for 247

though very small... it is a dps increase. Anyone else feels that this is very underwhelming for a 26 pt talent?

BaineOs
03.08.2013 , 07:59 PM | #365
They can stick 2.0 where the sun doesn't shine for all I care.
Es'carli - Sniper
<Lord of the Drinks>
The Red Eclipse

jboone
03.08.2013 , 11:27 PM | #366
Quote: Originally Posted by BaineOs View Post
They can stick 2.0 where the sun doesn't shine for all I care.
Care to elaborate?
Sniper-> Reported-> The Harbinger

NoTomorrow
03.11.2013 , 03:18 AM | #367
Did Professional set get updated compared to 2 weeks before? I haven't checked PTS. I am curious what set bonuses they will bring as well as stats. It's hard to predict what do they intend for this set.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

Ardarell_Solo
03.11.2013 , 05:09 AM | #368
For slingers on rep side it's quite simple: Both sets simply differ in power and crit rating. On every slot the field tech's equipment has power the professional's equivalent has crit rating - and vice versa...
El'ethon (Sentinel) | Rickmyron (Gunslinger) | Alreegan (Sage)
Craeg (Scoundrel) | Dacs (Commando) | Vayus (Guardian)
<Taking the Jawas to Alderaan> rDD gesucht: -> hier klicken
T3-M4

dinwitt
03.11.2013 , 06:48 AM | #369
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
Did Professional set get updated compared to 2 weeks before? I haven't checked PTS. I am curious what set bonuses they will bring as well as stats. It's hard to predict what do they intend for this set.
At first I had hoped for new set bonuses also, but I think all it will be is a fourth option to bring us in line with the other classes. I'm pretty sure Marauders were also given a new set without new set bonuses. I think the idea will be that with four sets of options we won't need to worry about not being able to get individual Underworld item modifications crafted.

paowee
03.11.2013 , 09:25 AM | #370
Hello! Ok so even though there's a thread out in the sniper forum already i thought id' still post this here (it is still in the PTS anyways

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=609256 Is the Sniper forums thread. The basic write-up/guide is complete and the only things missing are 1) more in-game footage, to prove that Full Engineering is viable and 2) raid parses to show that it is competitive and can do more DPS than Full MM or Hybrid. They should be up by Wed / Thurs this week.

PVE 2.0 The New Explosive Engineer (raiding and rotations as Full Engineering Sniper) http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=609271
is is the corresponding thread on the PTS.

Removed the older video and uploaded a new 1020P one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzWxZ...ature=youtu.be