Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sniper 2.0 PTS!

paowee
02.20.2013 , 05:39 PM | #1
LIVE PVE 2.0 Full Engineering sniper http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=609256

Click to jump to player findings on the PTS
Quote:
Star Wars: The Old Republic
Game Update 2.0 PTS Patch Notes

The patch notes published for the Public Test Server are not final and are subject to change. The Public Test Server Patch Notes will be provided in English. The final release notes will be provided in English, French, and German when the content is moved to live servers.

Ref: http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php
Last Updated: 3/7/13

March - 3rd update NEW!!

GENERAL
  • The abilities Covered Escape and Exfiltrate no longer cause players to roll in place.
  • Using Covered Escape or Exfiltrate while knocked down will no longer cause the Imperial Agent's position to rubberband back and forth
  • Energy regeneration rates will now display values rounded to two decimal places (e.g. x.xx).

MARKSMANSHIP
  • Reactive Shots has been replaced by Zeroing Shots. Firing Snipe zeroes in your sights, reducing the activation time of your next Ambush by 10% per point and stacks up to 2 times.

ENGINEERING
  • Electrified Blast is a new 2 point skill which gives Snipe and Overload Shot a 50% chance per point to apply 1 stack of Electrified Railgun to the target.
  • Vital Regulators and Engineer's Tool Belt have swapped positions in the skill tree.
  • Vital Regulators has been redesigned and now heals Engineers for 0.5% of max health per point every 3 seconds while in cover.
  • Explosive Engineering now specifically affects Explosive Probe, Fragmentation Grenade, Scatter Bombs, Orbital Strike, Cluster Bombs, Plasma Probe, and Suppressive Fire.
  • EMP Discharge has been redesigned. This ability no longer requires a target and now has a one minute and 15-second cooldown. Activating this ability now finishes the cooldowns on Shield Probe, Adrenaline Probe, Covered Escape, and Entrench.
  • EMP Recycler now reduces the cooldown of EMP Discharge by 7.5 seconds per point. Additionally, activating EMP Discharge now immediately heals the player for 2.5% of max health per point.
  • Electrified Railgun is now a 1point skill that lasts 6 seconds and stacks up to 3 times (down from 4).

March - 2nd update
Spoiler
February - 1st update
Spoiler

2.0 TALENT TREE CALCULATOR
  • Click here. Awesome find. Thanks Darksabermaster!

NEW STAT FORMULAE
  • Main thread on the PTS forums.
  • Alacrity has been redesigned to be a more universally useful stat. Now Alacrity reduces the activation time of all abilities, including instant abilities. If such an ability is reduced below the global cooldown, the global cooldown is reduced as well. Alacrity now also increases resource regeneration for all classes by the same amount that it increases ability activation speed. More info here.
    Quote: Originally Posted by Oldraven View Post
    ☑ I can confirm that Alacrity does, indeed, reduce the GCD of Creeping Terror and other dots. By a pretty significant amount, too. In fact, if it weren't for the fact that it's simultaneously feeding me more Force, I might actually be worried.
    Quote: Originally Posted by Ycoga View Post
    ☑ The answer is that if your alac is 30%, then each of your GCD's takes 1.05 to tick instead of 1.5 seconds. It does not affect cooldowns. If I cast an instant ability in 1.7 I would then wait 1.5 seconds for the GCD to refresh so I could channel my second ability, for example. In 2.0, you will wait 1.05 seconds.

VIDEOS

PLAYER FINDINGS ON THE PTS

Damage / Parses
  • Kyanrute
    Spoiler
  • Ronin
    Spoiler
  • Ontee
    Spoiler
  • Bbare
    Spoiler
On Abilities
  • Chuixupu
    Spoiler
  • Covered Escape
    Spoiler

Engineering in the new patch
  • CJNJ
    Spoiler

Player versus Player
  • Islander NEW!!
    Spoiler
  • Krayshan
    Spoiler
  • Ambitiousapple
    Spoiler
On Stats
  • Kelderek
    Spoiler
  • Cyanothis
    Spoiler
Rigsta
  • On Covered Escape, Scatter Bombs, Elec Railgun, Engineering video practice
    Spoiler

Jekan
02.20.2013 , 05:49 PM | #2
It's interesting that Ballistic Shield not needing cover is listed under Engineering. I wonder if that's a change they made to "Deployed Shields".

I'm also LOVING the stealth detection in cover. As an engineer, guarding nodes will be awesome. No more spamming plasma probe. The obvious counter is to knock us back, so I'm assuming a strategy is to keep entrench up every time it's off cooldown. Then again, we'll see the enemy approach at ten meters, so maybe able to drop entrench against a stealthed mob, but ranged knockback/stuns will still be effective.

I'm kinda "meh" about the roll forward escape, except it seems that it may be another cc breaker, which is cool. I can also see some use in other warzones where you need to get to a node quickly to defend, or maybe even in huttball, roll to the end zone for a pass.

Spammable interrogation probe is also interesting, at least if I understand it right, only one probe can be active at a time, I'm assuming that's per target. Or maybe not, and since the the duration is 18 seconds, cooldown was 18 seconds, removing the cooldown made sense. Also, if someone purges it, we can immediately re-apply it, I guess.

I'm wondering if the engineering targeting skill is a new one, the +5 meter increase in range will be awesome.

Overall, interesting changes. It will be interesting to see how they play out.
Jekana - 55 Sniper(Eng/Leth) | T'vor - 50 Powertech (Shield) | Docfeelgood - 44 Sorc (Healer)
Jnx - 37 Gunslinger(SS)

I've heard there are worse snipers on the Bastion than me, but I don't believe it. I elevate being a scrub to a whole new level.
Eternal Dominion
Ghostbusters

paowee
02.20.2013 , 05:59 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Jekan View Post
It's interesting that Ballistic Shield not needing cover is listed under Engineering. I wonder if that's a change they made to "Deployed Shields".

I'm also LOVING the stealth detection in cover. As an engineer, guarding nodes will be awesome. No more spamming plasma probe. The obvious counter is to knock us back, so I'm assuming a strategy is to keep entrench up every time it's off cooldown. Then again, we'll see the enemy approach at ten meters, so maybe able to drop entrench against a stealthed mob, but ranged knockback/stuns will still be effective.

I'm kinda "meh" about the roll forward escape, except it seems that it may be another cc breaker, which is cool. I can also see some use in other warzones where you need to get to a node quickly to defend, or maybe even in huttball, roll to the end zone for a pass.

Spammable interrogation probe is also interesting, at least if I understand it right, only one probe can be active at a time, I'm assuming that's per target. Or maybe not, and since the the duration is 18 seconds, cooldown was 18 seconds, removing the cooldown made sense. Also, if someone purges it, we can immediately re-apply it, I guess.

I'm wondering if the engineering targeting skill is a new one, the +5 meter increase in range will be awesome.

Overall, interesting changes. It will be interesting to see how they play out.
A lot of the new abilities they gave out to AC's are PvP oriented it seems.

The roll forward is a welcome addition against what Marauders will get. We have an extra way of running away from them for when we get charged, or ganked or they decide to pop all their CDs to get close lol (talking from an open world and normal wz pvp experience only).

Marauder: A new ability, Dual Saber Throw has been added. Dual Saber throw throws both Lightsabers at a target up to 30 meters away, striking everything within its path and slows the movement speed of affected targets by 50% for 6 seconds.

Sniper: A new ability, Covered Escape, has been added. Covered Escape will roll players forward up to 18 meters, landing crouched in cover. While rolling, defense is greatly increased and any movement-impairing effects are broken.

Juggernauts on the other hand will get a new ability, Saber Reflect. Saber Reflect reflects all direct, single target ranged, Force, and Tech damage back to the attacker, lasts 3 seconds. Better be careful with those Ambushes!

From what I understand, Sniper Bubble can now be "dropped" on a patch of ground, IF you are an Engineer. Run to Voidstar Door, drop Ballistic Shields, run out

I hope we can see more going on for Lethality down the line of this PTS >_<
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

paowee
02.20.2013 , 06:14 PM | #4
I missed a few ones. Added them to the OP. All these are pending and may be changed/removed/altered while on the PTS!

General
  • Using cover while jumping will now issue an appropriate error message.
  • Explosive Probe now costs 25 Energy and deals slightly more damage.
  • Corrosive Dart now costs 16 Energy.
  • Evasion now removes all hostile removable effects without requiring Avoidance Training..
  • Headshot has been removed from the game.
  • Eviscerate has been removed from the game

Synavix
02.20.2013 , 06:21 PM | #5
One interesting change in general was the buff to alacrity to also buff energy regen and reduce the GCD on abilities like instant snipe. I'm thinking this might end up being a useful stat to Marksman, but until it's toyed around with no way to be sure.

Jekan
02.20.2013 , 06:36 PM | #6
Saber Reflect will also wreck Lethality during the WB/Cull phase as well, yeah?

I'm also glad they're getting rid of all the stupid "only on incapacitated target" skills like tumult, eviscerate and headshot. I never use those, sometimes I remember I have them, but they're so beyond useless it's not funny.
Jekana - 55 Sniper(Eng/Leth) | T'vor - 50 Powertech (Shield) | Docfeelgood - 44 Sorc (Healer)
Jnx - 37 Gunslinger(SS)

I've heard there are worse snipers on the Bastion than me, but I don't believe it. I elevate being a scrub to a whole new level.
Eternal Dominion
Ghostbusters

paowee
02.20.2013 , 06:36 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Synavix View Post
One interesting change in general was the buff to alacrity to also buff energy regen and reduce the GCD on abilities like instant snipe. I'm thinking this might end up being a useful stat to Marksman, but until it's toyed around with no way to be sure.
Nice find! Thanks Synavix.

Iirc BW wants to diminish the use of Hybrid builds (unfortunately I have no anecdote for that..). I wonder if they specifically had Sniper Hybrid in mind and it would be curious to see what they have in store for us. I can confidently say they have already abolished the Hybrid tanking tree for Juggernauts (I have a Jugg MT and in live, Hybrid > Tank tree in terms of mitigating damage).

Im really looking forward to TakeDown procs in Full Lethality from the leaked notes that sprung up in these forums >_<

Jekan
02.20.2013 , 06:40 PM | #8
Also for tanks having shielding be effective against white and yellow damage is huge. It will make being a tank in tank gear in PvP viable. It also means that lethality/engineering specs won't quite be the can openers they once were on heavy armor. Armor debuff and accuracy increase from TA won't do squat against absorb.
Jnx - 37 Gunslinger(SS)

Eternal Dominion
Ghostbusters

miglor
02.20.2013 , 06:45 PM | #9
Seems like we got the *******st upgrades. Most of those ability are geared more for PVP. Like the stealth detection...big f'ing deal if u dont pvp. Minor energy changes to some abilities. At least OPs got the inc energy regen passive.

Seems like we got screwed.

Jekan
02.20.2013 , 06:48 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by miglor View Post
Seems like we got the *******st upgrades. Most of those ability are geared more for PVP. Like the stealth detection...big f'ing deal if u dont pvp. Minor energy changes to some abilities. At least OPs got the inc energy regen passive.

Seems like we got screwed.
I wouldn't be surprised if there's some sort of stealth element in the new operations. While I mainly PvP, and thus love the spotter ability, I hope that there's a PvE use for it as well.
Jnx - 37 Gunslinger(SS)

Eternal Dominion
Ghostbusters