Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crafting in 2.0 !!

Selenial
02.22.2013 , 12:32 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Cleet_Xia View Post
Yeah - looks like a new tier of schematics may be coming. This could end up being extremely exciting ~ or seriously undwhelming.

Here's to hoping that this brings worthwhile new crafting content.

You could also assume that their will be grade 7 green mats. ~ or that the tier 7 recipes will use PILES of grade 6 mats. I hope we're getting new mats myself ~ just so the market for grade 6 stuff doesn't suddenly turn into a bidding war.

The Stab market is going to implode with the changes to HM loot tables.
Slicing lockboxs yield level 10 boxes so I assume that's how far mats go up... No idea tho
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

BanetheDarkLord
02.22.2013 , 12:45 AM | #32
Are we to assume that there are higher level Augments than 22 now? Since there will be MK-7 to possibly 9?
Ry'tan-Juggernaut-55 | Treys'n-Powertech-55 | Velmir-Operative-55 |
Lurruh-Sage-21 | Sellysha-Mercenary-45 | Zarruh-Assassin-41

Divona
02.22.2013 , 04:42 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by BanetheDarkLord View Post
Are we to assume that there are higher level Augments than 22 now? Since there will be MK-7 to possibly 9?
New augments are higher than 22 and better. Pretty much all current grade 6 stuff are now worthless junk. Today i looked how stab price plummeted, few other prices started to plummet aswell. 340 artifact mission plummeting some fast some slower. Only thing that is still ok are consumables as they are needed until 2.0 comes.

Divona
02.22.2013 , 04:51 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Starburster View Post
Its rather hard to even see how stuff acts as far as RE when you don't have access to the 3rd ingredient needed (think fluxes and the like) to craft an item. I am guessing they will have those at a vendor on Makeeb only and they will be BoP. Unless a bug, you cannot even get them as a mission option.
If that is true then that mean prices of consumables will sky rocket due to 3rd ingredients. Currently few of those mats cost 400 a piece already! And only good way is to send into mission to get them cheap.
Overall it just means crafting will be more expensive and thus final price for buyer.

Cleet_Xia
02.22.2013 , 05:51 AM | #35
Something isn't adding up here. The existing gathering & mission skills are organized in bands where a new tier of mats unlocks every 60 points of skill. Grade 6 becoming available at a skill of 360.

But reports from the PTS are saying grade 7,8,9, & even 10

The difference in skill between 360 & 450 is only 90 points - so ......

Did they "rescale" the tiers to 45 points per grade, so that tier 6 will now unlock at a skill level of 270?

Or is there just one more grade of missions shown in the UI that is shared by all 7,8,9, & 10 mats?

.....If they rescaled it ~ that's actually a nice change that will make crafting while leveling for new players much more viable.
~Master Telagtun Telag of Lord Calypho~

Thufir_Hawat
02.22.2013 , 06:10 AM | #36
No grade 7 and 8 are ops and box mats only, grade 9 is the new green crew mission mats that can be obtained through scavanging and missions. Grade 10 are your new Stabs and Matrix things but I don't yet know how they are obtained.

wainot-keel
02.22.2013 , 06:48 AM | #37
Does anyone have a lowbie toon on the PTS with some gear ?

I'm a bit concern about the huge nerf secondary stats have.
For example, stock Arkanian set for healer sorc has 576 crit rating and 288 surge rating, which provides 8.97 % and 16.61 % crit chance bonus and crit multiplier bonus respectevely, whereas with campaign gear the ratio bonus is 288 crit rating -> 10.30 % crit chance, 279 surge rating -> 24.63 %
Basically, I'm afraid all those nice Fervor and Endowment, etc crafts for lowbies will become unredeeming garbage for leveling. I mean, who's going to pay/craft for that for such negligible boost at the return those stats have on the PTS

Heezdedjim
02.22.2013 , 10:21 AM | #38
So, can anyone clear up what exactly new tiers of mats and materials are available through standard crafting means on the PTS (i.e., vendor trainable schematics + crew missions). This is sounding like there is a big open gap between grade 6 and grade 9, and in between is nothing.

If that's true, then it means not only can we not craft green and blue gear to level from 50-55 in, but once again, all that's available at the new "endgame" is "crappier than the crappiest entry level" stuff. So, we have to stop at 50 and do the same stupid gear grind to gear up just to make through five more levels, then start a whole other grind for level 55 stuff, and nothing we can craft is in any way useful beyond level 49.

It's enough that everything at 50 is being made obsolete. But putting a big stupid donut hole in the crafting system from 50 to 54 is just idiotic.

wainot-keel
02.22.2013 , 10:49 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Heezdedjim View Post
If that's true, then it means not only can we not craft green and blue gear to level from 50-55 in, but once again, all that's available at the new "endgame" is "crappier than the crappiest entry level" stuff. So, we have to stop at 50 and do the same stupid gear grind to gear up just to make through five more levels, then start a whole other grind for level 55 stuff, and nothing we can craft is in any way useful beyond level 49.
I haven't been able to play much on the PTS, but kinda does seems so. Flashpoints will give you black hole gear, which is lvl 50. So yes, you get to 50, you grind flashpoints to get the gear to quest on the planet and get to lvl 55 and then you grind again. Just writing it sounds awful

Alec_Fortescue
02.22.2013 , 11:09 AM | #40
New armor schematics are on the trainers?
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware